Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

https://www.newsarama.com/46840-ale-...na-snow-1.html

Seol Hee aka LUNA SNOW gets a new artist on her one shot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-06-2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Misread the article

Old news. It's one of three, Crescent and White Fox being the other two. That article just mentions an extra artist, presumably for the Future Avengers backup story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just thought I'd add more comments on Agents of Atlas #2:

- What was really cool were the little details. Reading the issue a second time, I noticed bits and pieces that I hadn't noticed previously. A sly smirk of Wave, a facepalm from Shang-Chi, Amadeus and Luna going over what Ngyuen's plan is, there were these little moments that are becoming a trend in an Agents of Atlas book.

- Again, I think the main winner of the issue was Ngyuen. Guy doesn't have any worries and just exudes confidence. His slick, millenial talk hides someone who is a conniving opportunist. Mike just manipulated everyone this issue. He sidesteps questions, rephrases terms like "work for" into "independent contractor" and dangles the promise of money for the other agents. Again, what is this guy's endgame?

- Loved the intro with the news report. Reminds me a lot of the Bloomberg News section that broadcasts from Hong Kong!

- Luna just seemed to fall for Amadeus pretty easily. Still, I don't think that this was very sudden or an instanec of not being familiar with the characteristics. Showing affection for Amadeus, for me this is building character. Perhaps a little trite (okay, female teammate falling for male one), but it's character development nonetheless.

- Enjoy how Silk has this dialogue with Amadeus. Still hoping for Shang to chime in on this as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

I just can't get behind the concept cause it's dumb and it's illegal and they Acknowledge both of those things, yet just hand wave them away.

All of these countries are in Militaristic, territorial or economic situations with one another.

But we're supposed to believe this entrepeneaur, who is very clearly doing this illegally, isn't going to have the full might of several countries reigning on his and his employee's heads. Ignoring the issue of a stampede of Dragons?

It's nonsensical. That's ignoring that 75% of the cast have no voice, the ikeda, Amadeus, Luna Snow relationship debacle is trite and terrible.

And the whole need for money thing is dumb, cause Sword Master in his own book is just being introduced to a secret organization willing to fund him.

Some will be in more need for cash than others. Amadeus certainly needs money as he lost his fortune at the end of Totally Awesome Hulk. Silk is probably in the same boat on account of SHIELD's demise. Luna should have a decent income from her music career, and I'd imagine that Aero's day job as an architect pays well too.

For Sword Master, don't forget that the entire events of his solo book will have already happened at this point (same goes for Aero - both are set before they joined the Agents of Atlas). Maybe he already LEFT that organisation? There must be a reason why only he joined the Agents and not the other two members of his team from his book. Remember, in the original Chinese, it's NOT actually a solo book. The others are supposed to be just as important as he is.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So far we haven't seen people's response to Pan outside of the people transported there. Maybe the governments would have a response in the next issue?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Some will be in more need for cash than others. Amadeus certainly needs money as he lost his fortune at the end of Totally Awesome Hulk. Silk is probably in the same boat on account of SHIELD's demise. Luna should have a decent income from her music career, and I'd imagine that Aero's day job as an architect pays well too.

For Sword Master, don't forget that the entire events of his solo book will have already happened at this point (same goes for Aero - both are set before they joined the Agents of Atlas). Maybe he already LEFT that organisation? There must be a reason why only he joined the Agents and not the other two members of his team from his book. Remember, in the original Chinese, it's NOT actually a solo book. The others are supposed to be just as important as he is.
    Given the length and popularity of thoss books in china, it's very likely that they'll be running long after AoA is over.

If you're fans of the original team, have you read Giant Size Marvel Adventures Avengers #1, published in 2007? It had a new story introducing TWO versions of the Agents of Atlas (one native to the Adventures universe, the other AU). And reprints of the 1940s first appearances of Namora and Venus as backups.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Giant...engers_Vol_1_1

I hope this mini results in an ongoing series.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

AoA #1 gets a variant cover for its second printing, spotlighting the elemental ladies.

https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...21656486686721
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Looks like Atlas is renewed!

INCOMING #1

Written by AL EWING. DAN SLOTT, CHIP ZDARSKY, KELLY THOMPSON, GREG PAK,

EVE L. EWING, MATT ROSENBERG, ED BRISSON, SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD,

JONATHAN HICKMAN, GREG PAK, DONNY CATES & JASON AARON

Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, JIM CHEUNG AND MORE

Cover by PATRICK GLEASON

ONE WILL UNITE THEM!

A mysterious murder brings together the heroes of the Marvel Universe in the search for a killer – but no one can imagine where the trail will lead, or how it will affect everything in 2020 and beyond! Who is the victim and who is the assailant?

The closing chapter to MARVEL’s 80th year, which will connect the dots of everything that happened in 2019 and propel the narrative into the year that is to come! Featuring the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider and more!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    AoA #1 gets a variant cover for its second printing, spotlighting the elemental ladies.

Is that a Valentina piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

That looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Atlas is renewed!

INCOMING #1

Written by AL EWING. DAN SLOTT, CHIP ZDARSKY, KELLY THOMPSON, GREG PAK,

EVE L. EWING, MATT ROSENBERG, ED BRISSON, SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD,

JONATHAN HICKMAN, GREG PAK, DONNY CATES & JASON AARON

Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, JIM CHEUNG AND MORE

Cover by PATRICK GLEASON

ONE WILL UNITE THEM!

A mysterious murder brings together the heroes of the Marvel Universe in the search for a killer – but no one can imagine where the trail will lead, or how it will affect everything in 2020 and beyond! Who is the victim and who is the assailant?

The closing chapter to MARVEL’s 80th year, which will connect the dots of everything that happened in 2019 and propel the narrative into the year that is to come! Featuring the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider and more!
    I don't know if that counts. They could just have a guest role.

That comic is previewing stuff for 2020 (a couple of the teasers seem to be covers), so I'm pretty sure Pak's contribution is Atlas, and that the team won't be done after the current solo.

Amadeus will be on double duty though, as we know for definite that he's with the Champions in that issue (we don't know who's writing that though, since it's probably whoever's writing their relaunch).

Mighty Member

This sword master translation is really sketchy. The conversation about Fu Xi in particular doesn't hold any weight, cause it makes Lin Lie seem nonsensical. Like how the god damn hell would he Know Chiyou but not Fu Xi?

Also that "You some kinda sword master" bit is insufferable. Don't do that. Especially when the original doesn't do that.
    Last edited by Woozie; 09-11-2019 at 07:09 AM.