Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

It's longevity depends on the Chinese audience, not the US. Same goes for Sword Master.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Huh, why are the Chinese covers so hard to find? I'm looking for them for two reasons - the Marvel Database wiki is missing them, and I wanted to check exactly how many issues have been published so far and when. I searched for 气流 (Aero in Chinese - thank goodness for Google Translate's drawing tool) and couldn't find them... but I did find this:

Promotional piece for Aero and Sword Master's Chinese comics.

Shown alongside a bunch of covers for US comics from around 2016, it seems (I can see Steve Rogers #1, Riri Iron Man #1, post-Civil War II Avengers #1, and others).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I've only seen the chinese hard copies once.

The digital version is the go to popularity form.

If you're talking about how well the books are doing, it doesn't matter if it's print or digital, as long as people are reading them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you're talking about how well the books are doing, it doesn't matter if it's print or digital, as long as people are reading them.
    Oh no, I'm talking about which version the chinese public seems to prefer.

Aero is in 12th place on the July sales chart. Sword Master is 44th.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...9-card-covers/

Well damn! There you go Aero!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Late here but I now have both Aero #2 and AoA in my hands so now I can say my piece.

Pak is doing a good job of defining the Triumph Division (or rather Red Feather for now) from the bare bones that Fraction gave us in Invincible Iron Man way back in 2008. He gave us their names but not their powers and from the battle scenes that they do appear in it seems we have the stock members with super-strength and flight (Red Feather), energy manipulation, possible magic-user, martial artist, and even weather expert (Anitun the weather goddess avatar). As I mention in an earlier post Red Feather is the apparent Hyperion/Gladiator style leader of the team (is there a trope for the Superman type being the team leader?), and his animal inspiration being the red maya admittedly surprised me, as I was expecting him more to be named after a mythical bird like say the sarimanok (but heavily adapted). I'm guessing by the end of this arc we will see the whole team assembled and hopefully see their powers defined. And as for Alontek ("Alon" means wave in Tagalog), I won't be surprised if it was formerly the Manila branch of Stark Industries (mentioned in the classic 80's Deluxe Handbook) that got co-opted.

As for AoA, I'm really tickled personally by the idea of being able to travel to other Asian cities (or cities with significant ethnic Asian populations, hence the inclusion of Hilo, Hawaii and Flushing in Queens), since I've been to several but want to see more. But Tien Long's done a good job of explaining both the pros and cons of bringing them together. Oh, and it seems the neighborhood of Manila merged into Pan is focused on Quiapo Church and Plaza Miranda. And, in one very welcome development for the Triumph Division,
    spoilers:
    their headquarters is now a tower rather than a dead ringer for the University of the Philippines Parish of the Holy Sacrifice Chapel (!), as this link shows.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So Alontek, Wave's creators, are literally called Wave Technology? Seems suspiciously coincidental considering Wave's powers.

Mighty Member

Damn, 12th is fantastic.

It's still 14th when you merge the DC card stock covers with their regular ones (sort by Fused). Sword Master's placement is unaffected, still 44th.
    https://comichron.com/monthlycomicss...9/2019-07.html

Mighty Member

Swordmaster(God that name is dumb) really benefits from the western comic format, since it's issues are as long as regular comics and it isn't being unnecessarily restructured unlike Aero which is hurt by the comic structure because it's twice as long as a regular issue so single issues are cut in half(On top of the unnecessary insertion of later chapters.)

Aero's Chinese version is 40 pages per issue? Perhaps the English version should be a double shipper then? Then it would be released at the same rate per month. Or is it released less often than monthly in China?

Mighty Member

Aero's Chinese version is 40 pages per issue? Perhaps the English version should be a double shipper then? Then it would be released at the same rate per month. Or is it released less often than monthly in China?
    Aero is dropped in batches of around 100 page every six months. Each chapter is about 36 pages, so the current format(ignoring the weirdness of absolutely reworking the initial 3 together in some weird amalgamation) is really messed up.

Looks like it's listed completely incorrectly on the wiki then. That claims five issues came out last year, and only one this year. Neither would add up to those numbers, 36 pages a chapter, 100 pages at once, would be batches of three. Are the dates wrong for issue 4 and 5, or are there issues missing?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aero_(CH)_Vol_1