Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

The Future Avengers are from an anime series that I have never watched, that's why there are blonde and blue eyed kids

Just to reiterate a thought, I certainly think Pei from the Iron Fist series should join the Agents of Atlas:

I'm even more convinced that she'd be a perfect foil/bff of Crescent considering that she has a pet dragon named Gork:

Now, just imagine those two meeting Crescent and her mystical bear Io:

My god, this meeting b/w cute little Asian girls and their respective mystical animals has to be done. Ya hearing me Pak?! It's got to be done!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

I don't think they're gonna split Iron fist's kid from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Future Avengers are from an anime series that I have never watched, that's why there are blonde and blue eyed kids
    It would help if there was a way to LEGALLY watch the damned thing. An English dub exists, so why has it only aired in Asia? Same goes for Future's predecessor, Disk Wars.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

I don't really think that the Future Avengers kid were dessigned to repressent Japan, is a team that operates there and used some cliches like the sentai-like costumes and mascot, but other than Makoto as the main character that adds a Noh theme with his power-up the rest of the kids are much more kids archetypes self inserts than a team that is supposed to go full with references to Japanese media like the original Big Hero 6 comics, and also i really think that Makoto is the only one that is japanesse native, Adi is very clear indian, Hydra just used kids from all the world.

It was the same with Disk Wars and both series share scriptwritters, i think that only Akira was japanesse but the role of the kids were complement each avenger and being a kid archetype, it wasn't a japan only team either.

Also by the way i really think that madhouse as a studio will really prefers to work straight for America by passing their own country than modify things to sell them to Japan, Blade was in Japan like less three episodes got then a sideckick and went to South America for the rest of his series. There weren't any japanesse elements in Avengers Confidential. Also the studio has a story of doing adaptations of foreing works straight without changing them too much to their country for example Supernatural the animation which only had two references to youkais in two non plot relevant episodes but the rest was as american as the original show.Or their two shorts in Batman gotham Knight that works very well. Or highlander. Some of their own job can be sometimes already very western influenced like Toky Tribe 2 or No guns life this seasson that is comic-book as hell. So i don't relly think that they want to do eastern elements for Marvel all that much.
    Last edited by mike2112; 10-14-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I don't think they're gonna split Iron fist's kid from him.
    Maybe for ONE story arc. It's an easy set up too. Have Danny send Pei over to Shang for extra training. Crescent is training with Shang as well. The two girls go at it and tween drama ensues!

As for Crescent, here are some previews from her upcoming one-shot:

Hmmm, for me, jury is still out on the art. Will wait and see with this.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

aw that looks pretty
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

That art is great purely for the fact that unlike most comics, it knows how to convey action.

I was surprised about how much I enjoyed the White Fox story.

Mighty Member

I really got no god damn clue what greg pak is going for in the back up issue of Aero (And the art o it just feels really sloppy sloppy when contrasted with the main story.)

But my real big issue is with the naming convention.

Crustal golems and Crystal Monolith is probably the worst renaming of something given that it's explicitly invoking a particular historical site in china

It's official - Agents of Atlas has been renewed! However, their third mini isn't named after the team. Instead, it's being marketed as an event - Atlantis Attacks!
    https://www.newsarama.com/47446-marv...ary-event.html

ATLANTIS ATTACKS #1 (of 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A) • Cover by ROCK-HE KIM
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY JEEHYUNG LEE
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    WAR WITH THE WATER KINGDOM!
    The armies of ATLANTIS face ATLAS in a showdown destined to shake allegiances and break hearts! AMADEUS CHO, SILK, WAVE, SHANG-CHI, and all the heroes of the Atlas have bonded with each other after the challenges of WAR OF THE REALMS. But when a terrible secret incurs the wrath of KING NAMOR, who’s the true friend -- and who’s the true enemy? A titanic tale of love and betrayal, heroes and monsters, gods and underdogs -- plus the shocking return of JIMMY WOO and the original AGENTS OF ATLAS!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's official - Agents of Atlas has been renewed! However, their third mini isn't named after the team. Instead, it's being marketed as an event - Atlantis Attacks!
    https://www.newsarama.com/47446-marv...ary-event.html

ATLANTIS ATTACKS #1 (of 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A) • Cover by ROCK-HE KIM
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY JEEHYUNG LEE
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    WAR WITH THE WATER KINGDOM!
    The armies of ATLANTIS face ATLAS in a showdown destined to shake allegiances and break hearts! AMADEUS CHO, SILK, WAVE, SHANG-CHI, and all the heroes of the Atlas have bonded with each other after the challenges of WAR OF THE REALMS. But when a terrible secret incurs the wrath of KING NAMOR, who’s the true friend -- and who’s the true enemy? A titanic tale of love and betrayal, heroes and monsters, gods and underdogs -- plus the shocking return of JIMMY WOO and the original AGENTS OF ATLAS!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Why be a full series when you can just be a series of mini's ?

Namor is surprising, but I guess people often fan-cast him as Asian.

I'm hoping Grid or Iso from the Inhumans could join. They might be fun additions to the cast.

"Atlantis Attacks" sounds fun. I wonder if Wave might get some focus given the nature of her powers.

I'm assuming that the Aero solo book's Wave backup with Sea Hunter and the Sirenas is what is somehow going to lead into this event.

Unless this has something to do with the mission the OG Agents of Atlas have been on

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why be a full series when you can just be a series of mini's ?

Namor is surprising, but I guess people often fan-cast him as Asian.
    I'm pretty sure fighting asian people, doesn't make you asian.