Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    So they really brought Luna Snow from future fight to the comics wow
    Also Crescent and Io

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Here's the story behind Suayan's Wave variant cover and the 8-hour signing event. Turns out Cebulksi got in touch with the LCS owner and the rest is history.

http://cnnphilippines.com/life/cultu...ave-comic.html

The latest news out of Comic Odyssey is that they're releasing a second printing due to high demand. (Scroll to the very end of the article.)

https://www.esquiremag.ph/long-reads...20190524-lfrm2
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    So they really brought Luna Snow from future fight to the comics wow
    Well she was promised to make an appearance in comics ages ago when she was created for the game.
    So yeah, I had kinda lost hope we'd ever see her on page.
    Now I just want them to have Sharon appear somewhere too. Maybe in a new Exiles run or something, but they didn't use her in the last one, so...
    #EmmaWasRight

They didn't use Sharon Rogers because they already had a Captain America on the team - the Peggy Carter one from Puzzle Quest.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

For the new mini, I'm guessing the science-magic villain is classic Defenders enemy Yandroth.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Here's the story behind Suayan's Wave variant cover and the 8-hour signing event. Turns out Cebulksi got in touch with the LCS owner and the rest is history.

http://cnnphilippines.com/life/cultu...ave-comic.html

The latest news out of Comic Odyssey is that they're releasing a second printing due to high demand. (Scroll to the very end of the article.)

https://www.esquiremag.ph/long-reads...20190524-lfrm2
    Thanks for the articles! Saw some of this on Greg Pak's Twitter feed. Glad to read that there was an intent to make Wave more of a morena. Beauty standards in East Asia tend to favor pale, light skin, so Wave being darker skin is a sign that hey, there should be other images of beauty in Asia.

Some other thoughts:

- The reception towards Wave tells me that there's definitely a desire to see more Filipino characters. Obviously, we have yet to really explore the Triumph Division, so there's potential there. The more I think about it, though, I'd really like to see some "Captain Philippines" type of character. Someone who's like an ex-Filipino marine who has taken down Abu Sayaff terrorists down in Mindanao. Since Filipino Martial Arts are prevalent in various armed and police forces, I could envision him as being just a complete badass who's skilled in a number of forms of Arnis and armed with knives, bolos, and bastons. Oh yeah, would love to see him do some training with Shang Chi or White Fox.

- While East Asia has been featured a lot, I'd like to see more individuals from South Asia represented. Using a quick search, I see characters like:

Grid https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Dinesh_Deol_(Earth-616),

Trinary https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Trinary_(Earth-616),

or Qureshi Gupta https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Qures...ta_(Earth-616)

These seem like excellent additions to the Agents. I hesitate with Thunderbird https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Neal_Shaara_(Earth-616) though. He has some solar plasma powers. Heat projection powers, I'd like to reserve that spot for Sunfire.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thanks for the articles! Saw some of this on Greg Pak's Twitter feed. Glad to read that there was an intent to make Wave more of a morena. Beauty standards in East Asia tend to favor pale, light skin, so Wave being darker skin is a sign that hey, there should be other images of beauty in Asia.

Some other thoughts:

- The reception towards Wave tells me that there's definitely a desire to see more Filipino characters. Obviously, we have yet to really explore the Triumph Division, so there's potential there. The more I think about it, though, I'd really like to see some "Captain Philippines" type of character. Someone who's like an ex-Filipino marine who has taken down Abu Sayaff terrorists down in Mindanao. Since Filipino Martial Arts are prevalent in various armed and police forces, I could envision him as being just a complete badass who's skilled in a number of forms of Arnis and armed with knives, bolos, and bastons. Oh yeah, would love to see him do some training with Shang Chi or White Fox.

- While East Asia has been featured a lot, I'd like to see more individuals from South Asia represented. Using a quick search, I see characters like:

Grid https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Dinesh_Deol_(Earth-616),

Trinary https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Trinary_(Earth-616),

or Qureshi Gupta https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Qures...ta_(Earth-616)

These seem like excellent additions to the Agents. I hesitate with Thunderbird https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Neal_Shaara_(Earth-616) though. He has some solar plasma powers. Heat projection powers, I'd like to reserve that spot for Sunfire.
    Would love to get sunfire, but he’s notorious for not playing well with others. I like grid and pinpoint- if he showed up here, i’d Have one less reason to buy champions.

Pinpoint is a logical option, as he's likely already been introduced to the team, probably being the one who brought Kamala, Amadeus, and Silk (two main roster Champions and a reserve Champ) to Korea in issue 1. We know for certain that he's the one who picked up Kamala when she stormed off.

Grid was a member of the Uncanny Inhumans and Trinary was on X-Men Red. Both of those teams are defunct and thus they're available. I suspect the only reason they're not involved is the same reason the Champions won't be adding anyone else - the team roster is already maxed out.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Loving this series. I'm a huge fan of Luna in the game, didn't know she was in this till the new mini was announced. I also love White Fox. I'm trying to find a good image of White Fox or Luna Snow for my phone wallpaper. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

I love the enthusiasm that is being shown on this thread towards these characters! I’m not familiar with most of them but I’ll for sure be subscribing to the title whether it’s a mini or an ongoing. The creative team alone has me on board with it! I’m SO happy to see Jeff Parker’s name attached to this, not to mention Pak, Pagulayan, etc...

At first, I wished they'd give the new team a different name, now I'm just excited to read more about these characters, no matter the name.
    I hope this opens space for a more expansive and culturally diverse MU. I can't stand how everything is so centered around NYC.

Who will it be? I’m on the LunaSilk train.

We gettin' spicy? Bless High Lord Pak.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Would love to get sunfire, but he’s notorious for not playing well with others. I like grid and pinpoint- if he showed up here, i’d Have one less reason to buy champions.
    Ha, you're right, Sunfire wouldn't play well with others, especially with the members of this team. But that's the beauty of it right? Somehow all of these members have to work with one another in spite of their differences. And those are big differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pinpoint is a logical option, as he's likely already been introduced to the team, probably being the one who brought Kamala, Amadeus, and Silk (two main roster Champions and a reserve Champ) to Korea in issue 1. We know for certain that he's the one who picked up Kamala when she stormed off.

Grid was a member of the Uncanny Inhumans and Trinary was on X-Men Red. Both of those teams are defunct and thus they're available. I suspect the only reason they're not involved is the same reason the Champions won't be adding anyone else - the team roster is already maxed out.
    Thanks for the heads up. Indeed, the roster is already maxed out as it is with 10 something members already. Perhaps there could be rotating members? Guest appearances?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Who will it be? I’m on the LunaSilk train.
    Ha, beat me to it! Yep, Greg Pak mentioned this on his Twitter and people are already starting to speculate and ship. I've read Luna/Silk or Aero/Wave as possible couples. If Pak decides to go that route, that could be an interesting avenue to explore. Gay relationships in Asia and Asian culture are edge on that line of taboo and acceptance. Indeed, just recently, Taiwan was the first East Asian area to legalize gay marriage. At the same time, unfortunately, I think a lot of Asian parents would faint and disown their kids for expressing this sexuality. Don't know if Silk would go for Luna, since the former was really attracted to Peter Parker (though that has to do with them being Spider-people and bitten by the same radioactive spider, right?).

Again, I'm open to that, but it would be cool to see other pairings. Maybe Shang-Chi/White Fox? Brawn/Luna? Don't even talk about gay relationships, intercultural/ethnic relations are pretty taboo in Asian countries also.

Again, a lot of these characters are blank slates and thus there's a ton of freedom in this regard. In any case, looking forward to August!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Silk's definitely heterosexual, yes, as while the Peter thing was just due to pheromones, she has had another boyfriend.

I think it'll be Aero/Wave, and possibly set up in Aero's solo book.