Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Marvel is really going all out with their asian initiative, aren't they? I mean, it's cool. At least they're trying to do something different. If those characters make it to the comics, I just hope they stay as their own team. I think the AOA is a little packed as it is, and if they're trying to make a point about diversity, it makes sense that more than one asian group would exist instead of all asian people being put on the same team like they should all know each other. A different team that maybe has a different mission and a different vision on how to save the world could make for some interesting conflicts.

In other news, here's Luna Snow's new song, which samples her previous song Tonight, but it really sounds like a whole new song overall:

Has Marvel ever put this much production effort into creating original music for their characters before? I wonder if they would consider producing a whole album or EP for her.
    Not successfully to my knowledge. It’s almost like they’re doing to Luna what they attempted to do with Dazzler. Which makes sense since Disco was popular at her creation and now K-Pop is super popular too. There’s more of a platform for this kind of character push now than there was with Dazzler, since were living in a multimedia age that wasn’t available back then. Either way I think it’s a great strategy, it might be what pushes Luna into the mainstream. It took forever for them to transition her over from the Future Fight game but they’re really pushing her hard now that she has.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    They could realistically make Atlas a bigger organization too (Well, it's already pretty big in and of itself) because as it is most of these new Asian characters could benefit more from being in Atlas (As we have seen that Aero and Sword Master's numbers have been less than stellar, at least in the US).
    I can see AoA being the counterpart to Europe's S.H.E. (Super Heroes of Europe).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Europe has at least two other teams - Euroforce, and the Champions of Europe (nothing to do with either Kamala's team or the 70s one, they're named after the Contest of Champions, they formed in the final issue of that comic before appearing in U.S.Avengers).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Not successfully to my knowledge. It’s almost like they’re doing to Luna what they attempted to do with Dazzler. Which makes sense since Disco was popular at her creation and now K-Pop is super popular too. There’s more of a platform for this kind of character push now than there was with Dazzler, since were living in a multimedia age that wasn’t available back then. Either way I think it’s a great strategy, it might be what pushes Luna into the mainstream. It took forever for them to transition her over from the Future Fight game but they’re really pushing her hard now that she has.
    She definitely does feel like a modern Dazzler, in many respects.

When's Atlas vs SPEAR?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to see Luna Snow meet Radiance https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ryoko_Sabuki_(Earth-616) both have similar careers as singers, super heroes and celebrities. I would love to see Dragonfire https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Zaoxing_(Earth-616) and Coldmoon https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanxia_(Earth-616) return and become Agents of Atlas.

Honestly, I wish they’d done more with Radiance (and Iron Cross). Luna and Ryoko teaming up could be pretty cool.

Luna does, doesn't she? And that's part of my concerns. Dazzler's disco roots have become dated. Who's to say that Luna's K-Pop one's won't become dated as well? Now, Dazzler has been able to change with the times, but could Luna though? Hmmmm.

In any case, I'm digging the songs! Very catchy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I want to see Luna Snow meet Radiance https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ryoko_Sabuki_(Earth-616) both have similar careers as singers, super heroes and celebrities. I would love to see Dragonfire https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Zaoxing_(Earth-616) and Coldmoon https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanxia_(Earth-616) return and become Agents of Atlas.
    Luna meeting Radiance ain't half bad! The singer/celebrity similarities are pretty cool. Y'know, your mentioning of Radiance reminded me of another character, Ren Kimura of the Fearless Defenders. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ren_Kimura_(Earth-616) As a back-up dancer, Ren could easily fit in with either Luna or Radiance's worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When's Atlas vs SPEAR?
    Indeed! We've mentioned this before, but Atlas definitely would brush a lot of organizations in Asia the wrong way. Yes, we've seen the Ascendant work with the Agents, but will that always be the case? What would happen if Triumph Division, S.P.E.A.R., the Ascendant, the Korean, or Japanese governments all have goals that are at odds with Jimmy Woo and Atlas? What would happen when all of these national factions and groups tell the members to pick a side?

My fellow posters, this storyline has got to be done!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Yeah, she seems to be on the cusp of getting the multimedia push that the Dazzler was supposed to get, but never did.

Disney finding some young girl to be their next 'Hannah Montana' and live the role could be the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Luna does, doesn't she? And that's part of my concerns. Dazzler's disco roots have become dated. Who's to say that Luna's K-Pop one's won't become dated as well? Now, Dazzler has been able to change with the times, but could Luna though? Hmmmm.

I guess we'll see, although while I'm not sure how long it will fare in the West, Idols still seem to be almost eternally popular in Asian countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Maybe in the West not so much. Who knows if the K-Pop fever will be eternal? However, I doubt K-Pop/Idol culture will fall out of Asia's grace any time soon. Despite being very...Uh...Controversial, in some respects?

One of those controversial things actually came up in Agents of Atlas... the no dating rule. That's why Luna sued PAN, it could've endangered her career if people thought she was Amadeus's girlfriend. In the West, all she'd suffer is some negative tabloid headlines.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

disco is a genre. Kpop is an industry. They're not comparable. Korea's not gonna lose its music industry.

I guess we'll see, although while I'm not sure how long it will fare in the West, Idols still seem to be almost eternally popular in Asian countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Maybe in the West not so much. Who knows if the K-Pop fever will be eternal? However, I doubt K-Pop/Idol culture will fall out of Asia's grace any time soon. Despite being very...Uh...Controversial, in some respects?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One of those controversial things actually came up in Agents of Atlas... the no dating rule. That's why Luna sued PAN, it could've endangered her career if people thought she was Amadeus's girlfriend. In the West, all she'd suffer is some negative tabloid headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    disco is a genre. Kpop is an industry. They're not comparable. Korea's not gonna lose its music industry.
    Ha, alright alright. Perhaps Luna has a lot more of a possibility of longevity than other characters. Hoping she does well!

As for Luna not dating as well as her training, it certainly reminded me of this Asian Boss episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdOA5BCwBi0

As well as an incident that occurred a couple of years ago, when a J-Pop star of the group AKB48 shaved her head out of shame for spending a night with her boyfriend!:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-21299324

Damn, these Asian music industry standards are tough! Luna must be going through a ton of pressure right about now!

Thanks for the previews. The art for Crescent's back up is still a little so-so for me. However, there are elements that I'm digging here. Jimmy and Mr. Lao continue to be in their strategizing/planning phase. For what? Well, we'll see. Hopefully it will be a big payoff. Secondly, I like the training session. Dan Bi is a prodigy, sure, but how good can she be? Enough to tag Shang here and there. As usual, I am proud to see Shang leaning towards this head instructor role for the team, which makes perfect sense. Shang is pretty open. He'd want to share with his teammates the techniques on how to take out 10 bad guys. (Though part of me thinks he's Chinese in other ways. He shares the technique for taking down 10 guys. But the technique to take down 20, hmmmm, not just yet .

Liking the Sword Master series too. Warming up to the whole "chosen one" aspect of Lie. Good hero themes right there.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."