Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Wave's addition to Future Fight is nothing to do with AoA's popularity. They have a vested interest in the team's success because several members originate from the game in the first place (hence the origin one shots being called Future Fight Firsts instead of Agents of Atlas Origins). Of course they'd push the AoA cast. If Aero and Sword Master aren't already in the game, I'd expect them to be added soon as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

#1 preview

Mighty Member

Nice preview. I'm digging it. We're already starting to see the team dynamics from before. Like how they're trying to clean up messes from the last issue. Is there a big age difference between Amadeus and Luna? What role is Isaac playing here?

Looking forward to the issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

nico leon silk is a GODDAMN TREASURE

COME TO NEW YORK TO PRAISE THE LORD FOR THE PRESENCE OF SILK
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I just wish Pak would stop needlessly adding dialogue to Aero in her book.

Sentences turn to entire superfluous god damn paragraphs in the translations.

Happy birthday Amadeus, then. Last time his age was stated, he was 19 - but when you consider that Miles Morales has had a birthday since then (in his annual last year - and solicits say he's about to have ANOTHER birthday) and both he and Kamala Khan have moved up a year in school, it makes sense that he's now 20.

Protector... I see what they did there. Protectors being the former name of the team before Jimmy renamed them the Agents of Atlas prior to New Agents #1.

About the age difference, I don't think Luna's age has been revealed? That'll probably come up in her Future Fight Firsts issue though, if it's not already been mentioned in AoA by then.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    About the age difference, I don't think Luna's age has been revealed? That'll probably come up in her Future Fight Firsts issue though, if it's not already been mentioned in AoA by then.
    I would have to guess she's probably in the late teens, early 20's, range. She looks it.

Granted, all the characters kind of look like that, and Silk does too when she's probably older then everybody except Jimmy.

Astonishing Member

Loved the preview! It was and also very artistically beautiful and epic.

I love Issac's dynamic JRPG Protagonist entry! Why do I find him so cool!? Seriously, though, while I expect him to be smarmy and confident, and a little cocky, too, I hope he won't turn out to be evil or whatever. A little antagonistic at certain points because of his nature, but hopefully not evil/villainous. Even the most smarmy and confident and cocky of JRPG Protagonist Heroes are still Heroes.

Ready for more? Here's the preview for Aero #2!
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...review-aero-2/

Mighty Member

Aero #2 preview

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

(My one problem remains with this translation compared to Sword master, they just add way too much dialogue that didn't exist in the original)

I guess I misjudged those preview pages with Isaac Ikeda, he wasn't protecting the dragon, Atlas was.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    nico leon silk is a GODDAMN TREASURE

COME TO NEW YORK TO PRAISE THE LORD FOR THE PRESENCE OF SILK
    Crap! Heading out of town that day! Hey, if any fans out see Greg, tell him 1) He's doing an excellent job on this series and 2) When are we going to see Sunfire or Pei in the new series?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Loved the preview! It was and also very artistically beautiful and epic.

I love Issac's dynamic JRPG Protagonist entry! Why do I find him so cool!? Seriously, though, while I expect him to be smarmy and confident, and a little cocky, too, I hope he won't turn out to be evil or whatever. A little antagonistic at certain points because of his nature, but hopefully not evil/villainous. Even the most smarmy and confident and cocky of JRPG Protagonist Heroes are still Heroes.
    I'll be honest, the first time I read it, the coloring looked a little off to me. Indeed, I think that Nico's art looks better with just inks. Still, on the second viewing, I appreciated the art and the story. It reminded me how much of a powerhouse team the Agents are. I wonder if this dragon will be the Agents' new mascot. And yeah, Isaac still rocks!

My one problem remains with this translation compared to Sword master, they just add way too much dialogue that didn't exist in the original.
    I don't mind. Actually, I appreciate it. The original Chinese storytelling is a bit simple. Maybe it's because there's already a lot of meanings that Chinese audiences understand which don't have to be stated outright. Pak adding those little bits and pieces helps bring out that essence of the story.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."