Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thought I'd just post the reviews for Agents of Atlas. Overall, there's been a lot of positive support for the title, with reviews in the 4/5, 8/10 range. A good solid grade, I'll take that Sometimes the title has become the pick of the week:

https://www.cbr.com/war-of-the-realm...tlas-1-review/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...tlas-1-review/
    https://blacknerdproblems.com/war-of...ts-of-atlas-1/
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...ts-of-atlas-1/

Furthermore, great to see the cosplay already starting:
    https://twitter.com/kiNICKIlig/statu...64571058262017
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Glad to report that Agents of Atlas #1 is heading back for a second printing! Straight from http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...s-1-sells-out/:

New York, NY–May 13, 2019– In a story spinning out of WAR OF THE REALMS, hit characters from the popular mobile RPG game MARVEL Future Fight join Marvel’s newest heroes from China, along with its newest Filipina sensation for an all-new story! Suit up as Luna Snow, Crescent and Io, Aero and Swordmaster, and Wave join Marvel mainstays Kamala Khan, Amadeus Cho, Cindy Moon, and Shang-Chi to fight Malekith’s forces on Earth!

Writer Greg Pak and artist Gang-Hyuk Lim bring new and exciting heroes to life in an all-new story with WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #1, which has received critical acclaim from comic fans and critics alike – and Marvel is excited to announce that the first issue will return to comic shops for a second printing!

“Greg Pak has always kept character as a priority for his books and it’s fun to see how he’s exploring the team book here.” – AiPT!

“Having read a bunch of War of the Realms tie-ins, I gotta say this might be my favorite. The action is great, the art (by Gang Hyuk Lim, Federico Blee, and Clayton Cowles) is beautiful, and there’s some really fantastic character work that helps you identify with the characters.” – Rogues Portal

“Greg Pak and Gang Hyuk Lim have crafted a great issue filled with lovable second-string characters…Jimmy Woo’s Atlas team is wonderfully diverse and bounce off one another brilliantly, both in combat and camaraderie.” – Comic Book Resources

Get caught up now before issue #2 hits on May 22nd!

WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #1

Written by GREG PAK

Art by GANG-HYUK LIM

Second Printing Cover by Jeehyung Lee
    Issue #2 hits in about a week folks! Looking forward to it!
    "I am a man of peace."

I think shang chi needs to be reintroduced; how old is he supposed to be? I find it a little odd that he’d be okay taking orders from ms. Marvel. amadeus seems to be the comic version of the MCU hulk, but i’m already tired of this leadership conflict with ms. Marvel. maybe agents of atlas would be a better fit for him. I wouldn’t mind seeing this team on a monthly basis.
    Last edited by protege; 05-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Shang is probably in his 30s, assuming he was in his 20s when introduced in the 1970s. Remember, Fantastic Four #1 in 1961 is supposed to be no more than 14 years ago.

And what do you mean about taking orders from Ms. Marvel? This isn't the Champions. Jimmy Woo is the boss, and apparently Amadeus is a reluctant second in command (the issue mentioned World War Hulk II specifically, but there was also that incident in the first arc of Champions, when they didn't yet have an official leader. Amadeus's bad strategy got the team captured and they voted to not let him lead in future). When with the Protectors/Atlas, Ammy outranks Kamala. Which I don't think he's comfortable with.

I did actually think the Professor Hulk form in Avengers Endgame looked more like Brawn than how Hulk usually looks. But Professor Hulk does have origins in the comics, and so Amadeus isn't the comic counterpart of him. Indeed, there's nothing stopping them bringing Ammy in at some point. They did show his mother in Age of Ultron.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-14-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

New Agents of Atlas #2 preview. Things aren't looking up even with Pele joining the battle.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    New Agents of Atlas #2 preview. Things aren't looking up even with Pele joining the battle.
    Thanks for the preview. I'll be honest, I'm feeling some mixed vibes here. There are these little things that are kinda bothering me. The way Sword Master grips and swings his sword seems a little odd. Why is Wave pulling up a wall of water? Is it a barrier so Pele can set up those spikes? Still, these are small things. Overall, it's good superheroics. Sword Master looks cool chopping down those fire goblins. The heroes are putting up a valiant effort only to be stymied by the bad guys. Pak is racheting up the odds against the Agents. Reminds me of some good anime, like a Naruto or Yu Yu Hakusho. Heroes counter only to have their counter counted by their opponents. So, how will the Agents respond in kind?

Alright, cautiously optimistic, but still looking forward to this.
    "I am a man of peace."

spoilers:
    I think Pele asked Wave to pull up that wall of water so that it would immediately cool down the spikes of lava she summoned, hardening them into stone to impale the goblins.
    Your basic combo move
    end of spoilers

Today was surprisingly a double meal between #2 and Avengers which was actually a great Gorilla Man spotlight issue. I think Jason has put more thought into the concept of Ken than even Parker. Remember, Aaron did that godlike Ken story yeeeeeaaars and years ago in an AoA book.

spoilers:
    Too bad he's gonna die. He is so dead.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hey all. Can't give a complete spoiler and rundown on today's issue of Agents of Atlas. Overall though....I was impressed. Actually, as crazy as it might sound, one scene nearly brought me to tears, in a good way . In any case, here are my brief thoughts:

spoilers:
    -

- Seriously, I almost cried when I read Shang-Chi's exchange with Sindr. As soon as Shang Chi said, "Not every weapon," I was on the verge of tears. Yes, Shang is a badass and it shows that he isn't afraid of gods. However, that line had a deeper significance. I could imagine that as Shang said that line he remembered the endless hours and years upon years of training with his shifus and sifus. Iron rings and wooden dummies. Horse stances and tiger palms. Stories of legendary fighters and heroes. Philiosophies of war and peace. Maybe a banquet with his Kung Fu brothers. It reminded me a lot of my own training while in the parks of Hong Kong.

So yeah, that was my favorite part of the issue.

- Loved the theme of outthinking the enemy. The agents couldn't fight these fire goblins one-on-one, so they have to use deception and trickery. I smiled as they used disguises to sneak Luna from prison. I like how the agents started the issue looking to be on the ropes, only to have all of the heavy-hitter elementals together on the last page.

- I'm liking how there are a lot of Asian characters, but, well I am slightly concerned. Pak writes really funny and bold characters, but I'm concerned that not every character is getting strong characterization. Again, this is only the second issue of a limited series. Everyone is in the midst of a battle, so it's hard to give everyone a distinctive voice. I get that. But, I just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to shine.

- I was worried about the art, but reading the issue further, wow, just impressed as usual.
    end of spoilers

Another very satisfying issue. Check it out folks!
    "I am a man of peace."

Great interview with Greg Pak over at Nerd of Color. Delves into the characters a bit more:

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2019/05/...with-greg-pak/
    "I am a man of peace."

Great to see that the New Agents of Atlas is getting another limited series.

AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 (of 5)
    GREG PAK & JEFF PARKER (W) • GANG HYUK LIM & CARLO PAGULAYAN (A)
    Cover by JUNG-GEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY CARLO PAGULAYAN
    Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Variant Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Wave Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANICS YU
    PROTECTING EVERY CORNER OF THE MARVEL U.!
    By popular demand, ATLAS debut in their own series as AMADEUS CHO, SILK, SHANG-CHI, WAVE, JIMMY WOO and all your favorites defend the cross-Asian portal city of Pan against the science-magic threat of one of Marvel’s classic villains! Classic science-magic super hero fun combined with young and old heroes from multiple lands clashing with one another, fighting monsters and maybe saving the world along the way! And who is ISAAC IKEDA, the Protector of Pan? PLUS: Where are the original AGENTS OF ATLAS? Namora, M-11, Gorilla Man and Marvel Boy in an all-new top-secret mission!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Great to see the new team getting more work, but the original team coming back with former AoA creators is just... *chef's kiss* Really helps Atlas seem like a truly global organization.

give me my venus content
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That was fast. This must've been planned all along. Apparently Amadeus is on double duty, as he is also shown on the cover for Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Great to see that the New Agents of Atlas is getting another limited series.

AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 (of 5)
    GREG PAK & JEFF PARKER (W) • GANG HYUK LIM & CARLO PAGULAYAN (A)
    Cover by JUNG-GEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY CARLO PAGULAYAN
    Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Variant Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Wave Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANICS YU
    PROTECTING EVERY CORNER OF THE MARVEL U.!
    By popular demand, ATLAS debut in their own series as AMADEUS CHO, SILK, SHANG-CHI, WAVE, JIMMY WOO and all your favorites defend the cross-Asian portal city of Pan against the science-magic threat of one of Marvel’s classic villains! Classic science-magic super hero fun combined with young and old heroes from multiple lands clashing with one another, fighting monsters and maybe saving the world along the way! And who is ISAAC IKEDA, the Protector of Pan? PLUS: Where are the original AGENTS OF ATLAS? Namora, M-11, Gorilla Man and Marvel Boy in an all-new top-secret mission!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    Beautiful bro, just beautiful. Great to see this team back together, both within and outside of the story. Pak's writing is solid, but Gang has slowly become an integral part of this whole Agents of Atlas team. Still, this limited series was a pleasant surprise, since Aero and Wave and Sword Master and Shang-Chi are set to have their respective titles come out that month as well!

Here's hoping we get to see more of Marvel's Asian corner shown. Please, Greg Pak, if you're reading this, let's see Sunfire, Silver Samurai, and some of the Japanese heroes make appearances as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Great to see the new team getting more work, but the original team coming back with former AoA creators is just... *chef's kiss* Really helps Atlas seem like a truly global organization.

give me my venus content
    Liked hearing that too! Who knew that Gorilla Man would be an agent of Wakanda and Atlas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was fast. This must've been planned all along. Apparently Amadeus is on double duty, as he is also shown on the cover for Champions.
    I surmise that early buzz on the title really made Marvel pay attention.
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

I'm slightly disappointed that Kid Kaiju isn't a part of this. He would probably flip seeing Crescent and Io all things considered.