Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Greg Pak is the guest of "This Week in Marvel"'s podcast where he talks about New Agents of Atlas.

https://art19.com/shows/this-week-in...3-96230fcf8587

Edit: New Agents of Atlas is around the 39:38 mark.
    Thanks! Like how Greg Pak talks about what songs the characters would sing in karaoke. Still, a little off the mark with Shang. Remember, he's a huge Fleetwood Mac fan! He'd be belting out "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow," or "Go Your Own Way."
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Pak's Warlock series with Adlard, Serrano, and Petit is very, very good and you should all read it. Glad to see it get some o' dat sweet podcast lovin'.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

spoilers:
    I guess we know why Tepu Pele wasn't on any of the covers for this mini or the next, she was actually M-41. A next generation Atlas android

RIP Sun Wukong
    end of spoilers

So basically...
    spoilers:
    Pele was a new version of the Android Human Torch!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So basically...
    spoilers:
    Pele was a new version of the Android Human Torch!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think she was part of the same series of robots as M-11 but with some of the pyrotechnics of Horton's work

Which is weird because we saw her manipulating lava not fire
    end of spoilers

The Monkey Paw trolled be hard.
    I'm going to pass on Aero, Sword Master and New Agents of Atlas.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Chessmaster Jimmy extends my goddamn lifespan. That Monkey King be crazy, though.I like him!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hey all. I'll get right to the point: this issue made me angry. There was a lot of build up throughout the past 3 issues over how the team would defeat Sinder. I was expecting some creative and worthwhile plan to take her out. What we got could have been better. "That's all they did?" That's what I found myself asking for a lot of the characters. Additionally, the big twist irked me. Now, who did the twist didn't make me mad. I actually thought that it was pretty brilliant and adds layers to that character. Rather, I was irked over the WHAT the twist was. Truth be told, it seemed very deux ex machina and sacrificed what could have been a good character. Combine this with some weird art changes mid issue and, yeah, the story kinda ended with a thud. It was satisfactory, and there was some great potential, but there was a thud nonetheless.

So, what am I saying exactly? Check out the spoilers!:

spoilers:

- Pele was a robot?! That was very deux ex machina/out of left field/whatever you want to call it. I was really glad to see this goddess show up throughout the story, so just to found out she was fake was a disappointment. Really? How does a robot take on the hordes of Sinder? When did he make this robot? When did he do the switch?

Still, I think I can see where Pak was going with it. It adds more layers to Jimmy Woo, no doubts about it. Yes, he's the mentor and very wise. But he's a spymaster as well. Deception for the greater good, that's what a spy will do. I said it before, but this cements it, Jimmy seems to be in the mold of Charles Xavier or Nick Fury. I think that's pretty cool (Indeed, it sets up conflicts down the line. Shang-Chi especially hates games of death and deceit. So I can imagine him and Jimmy at odds with one another.) That's what Jimmy did, brought the team together through deception. And bringing the gods into play, how would the REAL Pele feel being used like that?

Okay, so there's story potential. But really, a robot god?

- There could have been more creativity in what the Agents did. I was really interested in what the plan would be for all of the Agents. Yes, Aero, Wave, and Luna are in the North Pole! Shang is teaching everyone Kung Fu! What are they all going to do? What they did didn't seem too surprising, however. The elementals are in the North Pole.......just to make it colder? The secret technique Shang teaches everyone.....is just a simple punch? Okay, still cool, but could have been better. Add to the fact that the artwork changed midway and wasn't up to the standard set by Gang (damn, Shang's arm grew a couple of feet in that panel with the punch), and the other Agents fell flat.

- Interesting side developments here. This iteration of Sun Wukong is apparently dead. Ironic, since I was slowly warming up to him. Still, it may not be too bad. Maybe we'll see full on, real Sun Wukong in the future. Also, great to see Pele's lolo.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, the final issue could have been better. It was disappointing in some key areas. I'll acknowledge that. But, I'll take it. Thinking it over, it was entertaining and did the job. And I'm still looking forward to the new Agents of Atlas, Aero, and Sword Master series!
    "I am a man of peace."

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Great preview! I like the fact that Aero is an architect, especially in a city like Shanghai. Indeed, Shanghai is one of, if not the, fastest developing cities in China.

Also, reread Agents of Atlas #4 again. Giving it a day did soothe things over. spoilers:
    So, I was expecting some big, elaborate plan from both of the teams. There seemed to be a lot of set up in issue #3. That wasn't the case. Luna, Aero, and Wave just ended up going to the Arctic to lower the temperature while the rest of the gang ran interference against Sindr. Okay, not the big creative plan I was hoping for, but after some thinking, yeah it was pretty cool. I can see how Jimmy could have used a robot Pele as part of his plan. Looking at its label, I think Robo Pele was a similar model to M-11, Human Robot. Alright, that makes sense. Jimmy could have access to tech like that. Jimmy is a spy like Nick Fury, so if Fury can use LMD's, Jimmy can use Human Robots. Still found it way out of left field to have Pele revealed as a robot, however.

And that leads to how the rest of the team feels about Jimmy. Now, I like this reveal about Jimmy. He's not the paternal, wise mentor that we saw in issue #1. He does what it takes. Amadeus criticized him for his plan. But what about the rest of the team? White Fox should have brought it up. Shang-Chi ESPECIALLY should have had a big talk with Jimmy, since he has a huge disdain for games of death and deceit. Gotta be addressed in the future.

Finally, a little miffed that the Agents didn't have the final say against Sindr. In WOtR #6, Captain Marvel is the one who ultimately beheaded Sindr. Kinda out of nowhere, if you ask me.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, after another read through, I'm better with this issue. Sets up a lot in the future moving forward. How do all of the characters respond to that one character now? We've a good team set up, but will we see the other characters we've suggested any time soon? Yeah, we'll see Aero, Wave, Sword Master, and Shang-Chi in comics, but what about the others? I'm digging White Fox, hope to see more of her.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Finally, a little miffed that the Agents didn't have the final say against Sindr. In WOtR #6, Captain Marvel is the one who ultimately beheaded Sindr. Kinda out of nowhere, if you ask me. [/spoil]
    I think Sindr's head is intact.

at least it seemed so xd

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    So yeah, after another read through, I'm better with this issue. Sets up a lot in the future moving forward. How do all of the characters respond to that one character now? We've a good team set up, but will we see the other characters we've suggested any time soon? Yeah, we'll see Aero, Wave, Sword Master, and Shang-Chi in comics, but what about the others? I'm digging White Fox, hope to see more of her.
    The Agents will be back in a couple of months.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

You make good points, Tien Long. The big reveal did surprise me, though it didn't take away much from my enjoyment of the finale. Also with
    spoilers:
    Honolulu being one of the cities making up Pan, I have the feeling the real Pele will show up soon, as Amadeus warns.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Isaac Ikeda looks pretty cool