Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Issue 1 sold more copies in June than issues 3 and 4, despite the fact it came out in May! Retailers must have underordered originally. Very good news, I reckon!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-in-june-2019/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

So Domino Hotshots revealed that Whitefox is cosmically aware.

And somehow capable of independent space travel
    Last edited by Woozie; 07-17-2019 at 09:26 PM.

She must be able to breathe in space then, like Quasar, Captain Marvel, Nova, and Thor.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

New variant series for August:

Wave and Aero made it onto them!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    So Domino Hotshots revealed that Whitefox is cosmically aware.

And somehow capable of independent space travel
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She must be able to breathe in space then, like Quasar, Captain Marvel, Nova, and Thor.
    Read that too. Going to have to reread one more time because I was confused over some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New variant series for August:

Wave and Aero made it onto them!
    Awesome!

Just a couple of updates:

- Sword Master #1 will be coming out July 24th (7/24). Most definitely, I'll be checking that out!

- Another preview from Agents of Atlas #1:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Just read the preview and I gotta question what Pak is doing with some of these characters

That back up story has Lin Lie actively threatening an old man. That makes no sense cause Lin Lie is the definition of a waif. Guy'd never needlessly threaten harm on some totally regular guy.

Just read the preview and I gotta question what Pak is doing with some of these characters
    Just read the preview myself. Link for it can be found here:
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY190757?Prevue=1

As for Lin Lie, I'll have to read the origin story to get a better idea. However, if this is a teen, I could see that happening. Moody, shifty, angry, as cliched as it sounds, teenagers can be that way (indeed, saw a lot of that throughout my teaching career.) Seems like Lin is angry over what happened to his father. That definitely affects a teen, believe me.

Still, I have criticisms, most over the depiction of Shang. Indeed spoilers:
    Shang hitting a non-combatant? Woah, Shang is THE master of Kung Fu. He is a shifu and should act as such. Restraint, control, calm, he should be displaying this. Should be like an Obi Wan-Kenobi. If someone is acting out of anger, like his student, he would do his best to calm and talk that person down. Punching just makes the situation worse.
    end of spoilers

Okay, I'll give Pak the benefit of doubt here. Maybe there's reasoning behind what Shang and Lin are doing. Additionally, there seem to be some positive things here. It didn't look it in the Agents of Atlas, but I can see Lin as being a young, 18 year old. I can see why he calls Shang "uncle."

Crossing the Sword Master/Master of Kung Fu fingers for this issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

See, that'd be acceptable if that was Lin's characterization, but it's not. The kid is a goof. He's more likely to run form conflict, unless it actively endangers others.

He is, in the 12 chapters that are out for the series, never been the brooding, angry or moody sort.

It's a complete miss in terms of characterization.

See, that'd be acceptable if that was Lin's characterization, but it's not. The kid is a goof. He's more likely to run form conflict, unless it actively endangers others.

He is, in the 12 chapters that are out for the series, never been the brooding, angry or moody sort.

It's a complete miss in terms of characterization.
    I hear ya, bro. I can only hope that Pak has some explanation.

From SDCC, we'll start to see one-shots focusing on Luna, White Fox, and Crescent and Io. Check out the covers! Full story here: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...me-characters/

"I am a man of peace."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Writer Alyssa Wong on Welcoming Aero and Wave to the Marvel Universe

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvel-universe

Edit: And an unlettered page from Aero #2 c/o Pak's Twitter. Pearl going back to Cebu and her lolo (grandfather) after the confrontation with Red Feather (who appears to assume the Superman/Hyperion/Gladiator role of Triumph Division), and Lei Ling joining her.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wait a minute... those Future Fight comics have a Future Avengers backup in them - surely this means the anime is finally going to air on US TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Writer Alyssa Wong on Welcoming Aero and Wave to the Marvel Universe

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvel-universe

Edit: And an unlettered page from Aero #2 c/o Pak's Twitter. Pearl going back to Cebu and her lolo (grandfather) after the confrontation with Red Feather (who appears to assume the Superman/Hyperion/Gladiator role of Triumph Division), and Lei Ling joining her.

Really like that scene there. Thanks for posting!
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

First issue of Sword Master was solid and faithful, unlike Aero.

Backup's set up is still really contrived, but I am curious what they're setting up for Shang Chi and Lin Lie against

spoilers:
    Ares
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Woozie; 07-24-2019 at 05:26 AM.

What? He's been deceived I assume? That guy's as gullible as Knuckles the Echidna. He was JUST in Journey Into Mystery, where just that happened.

Default .

Really enjoyed Sword Master #1. From a lot of the previews, I had some low expectations, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the issue.

Now I have some criticisms. I felt that the first part of the story could have used more action and, quite honestly, sword fighting. However, it established the core elements of Lin Lie. I liked his use of the puzzle box and his motivation. Dude just wants to find his father.

Which brings me to the second part of the story. I could see why he was angry with the shopkeeper in the previews and how he’s an untrained kid compared to Shang. Indeed, Shang REALLY shined here. I’ve always talked about his observation and his wisdom in the past and there were layers of all of that in the story. Yeah we’ve seen tropes of power being nothing without technique and the master perceiving things that can’t be perceived. But Shang links it to an even bigger threat! And the threat? Yes! All I can say is I love how Pak hasn’t forgotten his roots. Can’t wait to see how all of these characters cross paths!

Just a really satisfying read!
    "I am a man of peace."