Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The name sword master is really unfitting given that's not what the story is about. The name misgives to you what you expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The name sword master is really unfitting given that's not what the story is about. The name misgives to you what you expect from him.
    I'm cool with it. No he isn't a "master" yet. That is especially apparent after his tutelage with Shang. But he does possess the sword, thus making him a "master" of it. I get it.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

AGENTS OF ATLAS #3 (of 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • NICO LEON (a)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY STONEHOUSE
    DEFEND OR DESTROY?
    • AMADEUS CHO and the AGENTS OF ATLAS have won the adulation of the glorious cross-Asian portal city of Pan.
    • But as the hidden injustices in Pan’s utopian community become apparent, will the Agents of Atlas be its protectors – or its prosecutors?
    • And what’s with the dragons? And what great secret is JIMMY WOO hiding? And, most importantly, WHO IS KISSING WHOM IN THIS ISSUE?
    30 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Man I've missed Jimmy's dragon advisor

spoilers:
    Speaking of Mr. Lao, I was actually just thinking of him today and the Dragon's Corridor, and how the Atlas Foundation has had permanent portals open around the world that only they had access to, which could allow them to secretly move troops. Long before Krakoa
    end of spoilers

remember when lao ate man mountain marko and then puked him up off-screen
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Amadeus now needs the Agents of Atlas to succeed and become an ongoing title. Champions is cancelled, so if Atlas flops, he'll be limboed when the mini is over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Well Aero's author revealed something about her origins. I wanna see if Marvel holds true to that in coming issues.

I like the upcoming covers for Aero and Sword Master. Pretty excited to see that they are part of the MJ variants:

"I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait a minute... those Future Fight comics have a Future Avengers backup in them - surely this means the anime is finally going to air on US TV?
    I would certainly hope so. Regardless, right now, I'm just happy they're getting some in-comics recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Now I have some criticisms. I felt that the first part of the story could have used more action and, quite honestly, sword fighting. However, it established the core elements of Lin Lie. I liked his use of the puzzle box and his motivation. Dude just wants to find his father.
    While not strictly an unfair personal criticism, I do want to provide some perspective.

From what I am gathering, Warriors of Three Sovereigns/Sword Master has prevalent shonen aspects to its story. Specifically, the shonen aspect wherein the hero starts out as an action survivor who's totally out of their depths, but over time grows and becomes able to hold their own more and more until their playing field is more level with their circumstances. Think Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! or Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire (if any of these examples make any sense). The initial passiveness and non-actiony nature of these kinds of shonen characters are justified. I feel Lin Lie in his original book is cut from the same cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While not strictly an unfair personal criticism, I do want to provide some perspective.

From what I am gathering, Warriors of Three Sovereigns/Sword Master has prevalent shonen aspects to its story. Specifically, the shonen aspect wherein the hero starts out as an action survivor who's totally out of their depths, but over time grows and becomes able to hold their own more and more until their playing field is more level with their circumstances. Think Tsuna from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! or Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire (if any of these examples make any sense). The initial passiveness and non-actiony nature of these kinds of shonen characters are justified. I feel Lin Lie in his original book is cut from the same cloth.
    Cool bro. Thanks for the explanation. Here's hoping the action picks up in later issues.
    "I am a man of peace."

Someone's trying to discredit Alyssa Wong. She's the co-writer on the Wave origin story in Aero's book, and is writing the three Future Fight Firsts one-shots about the other New AoA girls.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...r-alyssa-wong/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Cool bro. Thanks for the explanation. Here's hoping the action picks up in later issues.
    The action does pick up, but not with him (Which is why I maintain Sword Master is an atrocious title that really in no way captures what the story is about.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Someone's trying to discredit Alyssa Wong. She's the co-writer on the Wave origin story in Aero's book, and is writing the three Future Fight Firsts one-shots about the other New AoA girls.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...r-alyssa-wong/
    I get that some people in the fandom (and maybe the industry) have issues with how contemporary comics have been reaching out to include people and groups that didn't necessarily feel welcomed and represented in previous years or eras. But smearing someone like that . . . that's just beyond the pale. Sadly, this is par for the course these days; nothing is out of bounds anymore if it's levied against or done to someone perceived not simply as an ideological opponent, but as an existential enemy.

Cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I get that some people in the fandom (and maybe the industry) have issues with how contemporary comics have been reaching out to include people and groups that didn't necessarily feel welcomed and represented in previous years or eras. But smearing someone like that . . . that's just beyond the pale. Sadly, this is par for the course these days; nothing is out of bounds anymore if it's levied against or done to someone perceived not simply as an ideological opponent, but as an existential enemy.
    Agreed bro.

Cool.
    Quite cool. And it goes to show just how popular these heroes have become.

Speaking of which, as a reminder, Agents of Atlas #1 will be coming out this Wedneday, (8/7). Looking forward to this!
    "I am a man of peace."