Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Part of me was like that when I first read the announcement. I'm very respectful of the Agents of Atlas. While this team has Jimmy Woo, its link to the original team is very tenuous. Protectors would have been a better fit. Perhaps Agents of Atlas was chosen for name recognition. Furthermore, although I'm Asian-American, part of me felt kind of blah. I'm a huge Shang-Chi fan and respect everyone else (though I'm a little frustrated with what was done to Amadeus. He's either the 7th smartest guy in the MU or Totally Awesome Hulk. Not this half way, in between Brawn such and such). Still, are Silk, Jimmy Woo, these new characters, are they enough to get me to read? Part of me doesn't know.

BUT.....y'know what, part of me is excited. I find it interesting that Marvel's Asian-American (and American created) Asian charaters will be teaming up with their more recent Asian created Asian characters. There's a lot of symbolism there. Asian-Americans meeting Asians or Asian-Americans visiting Asia, that makes for some interesting culture clashes. I wonder how the mainland Chinese characters would react to Shang-Chi. How would White Fox react to Amadeus and Cindy? I wonder what it would be like for Jimmy Woo, Silk, or Amadeus to revisit their ancestors' homelands. I wonder how these homelands would react to them. And truth be told, I really liked Greg Pak's first story featuring The Protectors. It felt good to see these characters front and center. It was awesome Pak reveal new layers to these characters (for instance, didn't know that Shang Chi loved karaoke or was such a terrific battle strategist).

Yeah, so the more I talk about it, the more excited I am. Count me in, let's see what happens with these Agents of Atlas!
    During Monsters Unleashed, White Fox coopertaed with Amadeus Cho, so I think she would get along with them.

I'm honestly excited for this mini series, will be one of the few book I'll pick up from the event (as I'll skip the main story), especially with Luna Snow and Crescent introduction to the mainstream.

By the way, I would imagine that Domino: Hotshots is the reason White Fox isn't here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

While I wish the group had a better name...I’m still very interested in this! It’s awesome that most of the members of the team are original characters who aren’t tokinedize/hand-me-downs from older characters. That alone has me interested.

Its also cool to see some of the Future Flight characters make their way into the main MU. Fingers crossed that those characters in particular wont be hollow shells due to the original source and/or future MCU plans for expaning international markets.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

so who is everyone on the current announced team? I don't recognize most...

Incredible Member

I keep reading Asians of Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Read the latest Spider-Man/Deadpool if you wanna see more Silk.
    Unsurprisingly written by Robbie Thompson .

Ultimate Member

Can Marvel even use the name "The Protectors" on the cover? Another company was using it back in the 90's I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Figured it was about time we restarted this thread. Because the Agents of Atlas name is back in use. It's actually the Protectors from Totally Awesome Hulk with some new members and a rebrand. Gorilla Man, meanwhile, is an Agent of Wakanda in the Avengers series.
    This looks interesting. I only know a few of the characters here but I do look forward to learning about the newer characters. I wonder if Cho will remain a member of the Champions while also being a member of this team.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

This is just a four issue mini, so there's no reason for Champions to be affected. And in fact, Kamala and Amadeus have been on both teams the whole time. The Protectors just aren't as active.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Can Marvel even use the name "The Protectors" on the cover? Another company was using it back in the 90's I believe.
    Malibu. Which Marvel owns. So yes, they actually CAN use the name.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-16-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

what about the dragon who Jimmy Woo interacted with?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the girl on the top right was a redesigned Radiant/Sun Girl. She looks the most like a manga heroine.

Cool to see them incorporating the Future Fight originals even if we'll probably never see them again after this.

They had me with this up until they said "Brawn" was leading them. Probably should've just called him Cho...

Hey, somebody remembered Silk. That's more then any of the Spider-Man titles have.

Would make a good kids cartoon...but not the kind of thing I think they're aiming at for the Hulu shows.
    Yeah, I think that's Super Radiant Friend who was introduced in the All New Invaders. She's the grand daughter of Golden Girl, one of the WW II Invaders. Her powers are light based and she's also one of Japan's top performers.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

That's not Radiance, it's Aero. A Chinese heroine introduced last year. This will be her first US appearance. There's nobody Japanese here, which makes sense, as Korea (both North and South) hates them, because Japan conquered them in 1910 and they only got freed in 1945. Half of this team is Korean.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2019 at 04:00 AM.

I like the idea of a higher profile Asian team, but Agents of the Atlas without many of the Atlas characters feels wrong. i think the two teams should have different names so they could coexist.

I like the idea, but wish the first promo art was a little more stylish versus Hello Look At This Random Assortment of Characters.

Jimmy Woo re-using the name is kind of cool though.

Here's some art of Aero and Sword Master in their original comics:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...of-the-realms/