Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So if he doesn't know the D&D lore, he simply hasn't been paying attention!
    In game terms, he rolled a d20 on his Knowledge (wyvern) check and failed!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like Isaac and hope he gets to be more than just Amadeus's rival. Even though Amadeus being jealous over Isaac and Luna talking is funny.
    I hear ya. Isaac just jumped into this storyline. Cool, he's some defender such and such, but what's the backstory? There's a lot to uncover here. Indeed, Isaac touches upon new Asian Boss episode on growing up half black/half Japanese in Japan:

Long story short, mixed race kids in Japan, especially those with African ancestry, encounter a lot of discrimination, both overt and subtle. Maybe after this storyline, Isaac could share some of those stories. For the mean time though, I'm waiting to see him use more of that sword! C'mon, where's the huge Bleach level sword swings here!?

As for the Amadeus jealousy, it's cute for now. Still expecting that swerve with Silk and Luna!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    While that wasn't bad, I'm getting real tired of variation of the 3 elementals conbining their powers to resolve the situation.

You include WoR and it's 4 issues in a row.
    Good observation there bro. Is this Luna/Aero/Wave combo becoming trite? I'm still excited about it. At the same time, I'd like to see them use their powers individually. Furthermore, I think the whole elemental thing would be in disarray if (and you knew this was coming) Sunfire would show up! Indeed, would a proud, nationalistic Japanese man be willing to work with Filipina, Chinese, and Korean women?! Or vice versa?! If they learned to work together, those four would be a powerhouse....again, if they learned to work together. Now, to be fair, Sunfire worked with Rogue in the past, right? So maybe it's possible.

Sword Master (god that name is stupid) is Lin Lie, the son of an archaeologist.

He is also unbeknownst to him one of the three heirs/reincarnated heroes based on the 3 creation deities of China.

He's called sword master, because he wields a sword I guess(it's stupid)

But the reason he wields said sword is because its embued with the power of the God tianhuang not because he's some master swordsman.
    Don't mind the name. He has the sword right now, so he is its "master." But does he have mastery? That is something that could be explored.

That's a major fail if so, considering the events of Champions #25-27. The team were pretty much turned into D&D characters, and after they got back from Weirdworld, they play a game of a D&D expy. So if he doesn't know the D&D lore, he simply hasn't been paying attention!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In game terms, he rolled a d20 on his Knowledge (wyvern) check and failed!
    Ha, reminds me, I've got to brush up on my D&D knowledge!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That new character for the Aero back up... is not a good design.
    We've got a bit more information from her from a local comic book store.

https://www.facebook.com/boomcomicar...4457713598241/

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Maybe Isaac's mixed heritage is why he's so interested in Pan? He thinks it could be a cure to prejudice if people were able to get to know each other?

Sea Hunter. And she's a hero. Just how big is this team going to get?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Sea Hunter. And she's a hero. Just how big is this team going to get?
    She's not in Agents of Atlas. far as we can tell she's part of the triumph division.

Mighty Member

I am getting increasingly annoyed by Agents of Atlas.

Nguyen is definitely sketchy but its a fun romp. However, I wish there was another backup with the OG Agent of Atlas. I wouldn't mind if they change their name to Protectors at the end of the miniseries.

The moments with the Madripoor refugees was interesting and got me thinking about how Pan is set up.

Luna and Amadeus were cute together but her and the new Asian characters need more to do. It's easier to connect with Amadeus and the existing characters over the new ones. We got 3 more issues tho so that's plenty of time.

Mighty Member

My annoyance, as with the previous Agents of Atlas is it's the Cho show. I don't even know where Bi Han and White Fox are. I don't think Sword Master nor Aero had more than a few words.

But boy, we sure can spare paragraphs for Cho and his rival Ikeda.

I don't think White Fox is in this mini

She's supposed to be a member of the team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SW and Wave realistically looking for bread and the graphic designer making a full ad for Pan at the end is hi-larious.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Nguyen is definitely sketchy but its a fun romp. However, I wish there was another backup with the OG Agent of Atlas. I wouldn't mind if they change their name to Protectors at the end of the miniseries.
    Indeed. I'll say Nguyen was the most interesting figure in this story. His manipulation of media and events was so smarmy and sly. Reminiscent of some media moguls.

Another aspect of the issue I liked was the enthusiasm for travel shown by some of the Agents. Reminds me a lot of my time in Asia when friends would often plan 2-4 day getaways to the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, or South Korea. One of the great things about living in Asia is that many places are 2-3 hrs. away from one another.

The moments with the Madripoor refugees was interesting and got me thinking about how Pan is set up.
    This was the other moment I really liked about the issue. Reading that definitely brought to mind a ton of the refugee issues in Asia right now, like the Rohingya in Myanmar. I liked how Pak used that real world aspect and combined it with a Marvel Universe one. We all know about Madripoor, but it has a refugee crisis? An interesting plot point.

Luna and Amadeus were cute together but her and the new Asian characters need more to do. It's easier to connect with Amadeus and the existing characters over the new ones. We got 3 more issues tho so that's plenty of time.
    Though I'm hopeful for the others, I feel that the focus on core characters, like Amadeus and Silk. Luna is getting some time due to the relationship angle with Amadeus and Isaac. I get the balancing act that Pak is pulling off. He's building core characters, enhancing them with side ones, while others are given a line or two. As for the last group, I'm not too frustrated over it. In team books, not everyone can get the attention. I know when the solo books come out, Crescent, Luna, and White Fox (any reasons for her absence? I don't mind, but I wonder.) will get the attention. Seeing them in action is good enough for me, at least for the moment.

Also, I was expecting some more background on Isaac, but for now everything is a secret. Alright, I get it. Just hope the payoff is good in the later issues.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Not a fan of the romance, like at all.

We barely even know who Luna is as a person and already she's swapping spit with Cho?

Come on.
    Last edited by Woozie; 09-05-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Covers and logos for the Future Fight Firsts one-shots:
    https://www.newsarama.com/46804-inhy...escent-io.html