Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Did you guys see this Luna Snow art by Jee Hyung Lee? He created Luna, and he made this really cool celeb photoshoot of her since she's a K-Pop star.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Solicits have leaked, Bleeding Cool has them all, but no covers.

AGENTS OF ATLAS #5 (of 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • NICO LEON (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    As Protectors of the Portal City of Pan, Amadeus Cho and the Agents of Atlas have bonded with each other and the gloriously diverse citizens and sojourners they’ve defended. But when they discover the crime at the heart of Pan’s creation, can they continue to protect — or has the time come to shatter this beautiful dream? And, of course, WHO’S KISSING WHOM? (Because there will be kissing!) Our first epic tale comes to a close with a tidal wave of ramifications for the Marvel Universe – and the hearts of our heroes.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SWORD MASTER #6
    SHUIZHU, GREG PAK & FONDA LEE (W) • GUNJI & ARIO ANINDITO (A)
    Cover by GUNJI
    STRANGE DAYS!
    When you run around the Marvel Universe with a big magic sword, you have to expect you’ll eventually get a visit from the Sorcerer Supreme. It’s time for tea and terror with Doctor Strange! Meanwhile, in our second story, co-written by Greg Pak and World Fantasy Award winner Fonda Lee, Shang-Chi and Lin Lie learn the true secrets of the dragon son of Ares!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AERO #6
    ZHOU LIEFEN, GREG PAK & ALYSSA WONG (W)
    KENG & POP MHAN (A) • Cover by KENG
    HEART OF GLASS…
    As Aero investigates the mysterious crystal towers sprouting up across the city, Lei Ling struggles with questions of the heart – because everyone in Shanghai loves Aero – except Lei Ling’s own boyfriend! Meanwhile, in our second story, can Wave finally unlock the secrets of AlonTech and her origins and redeem herself with Triumph Division? Or will her discovery change everything forever?
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I'm gonna hope that crystal towers is just what they call that in the solicits, otherwise somebody really needs to take Marvel to task.

I take it they're called something else in the original Chinese version?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I take it they're called something else in the original Chinese version?
    spoilers:
    White Jade Pagodas. It's a reference to the Japanese invasion of China, specifically the Lushun massacre
    end of spoilers

Yeah, that doesn't sound like the same thing at all, I was imagining glass skyscrapers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Aero #3 was a fantastic read but I hope Aero takes down Keystone and Madame Huang in the next issue. I also wish we didn't get Wave story filler but I knows it's to promote her solo. Really can't wait for October 16 for issue #4
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Mighty Member

To Answer your question about covers, Digifiend.

KENG'll just draw new ones.

Which means Wave gets to appear on one. Nice. I'm surprised they were able to get the same artist though.

Mighty Member

Why? KENG's a machine, guy does 3 comics (two consistently) and he's at the very least in contact with Marvel.

The Wave backup made me interested in a potential meeting between her and the Atlantians.

Just finished Aero #3. Really enjoyed this issue! Here are my thoughts:

- The primary Aero story was truly excellent here. The art was dynamic, beautiful, and smooth. Reading the story reminded me of Aero's control of and creativity with wind. Stories like this get the imagination going. Could easily see Aero meeting Shang-Chi or other characters within the Marvel Universe. Heck, Lei seems to be appearing on a lot of Marvel covers recently:

- This issue really sold me on the potential of Wave. Seeing her exercise her hydrokinesis was a welcome shock. It's been a while since we've seen Wave use water and this was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Wave backup made me interested in a potential meeting between her and the Atlantians.
    Dude, totally thinking the same thing! Definitely imagined her meeting Namor and Atlantis.

- Okay, I guess this is my culture ignorance again, but seriously...Sea Hunter....a tita? My tito/auntie/uncle sense is just a little off here. Had problems with Sword Master calling Shang an "uncle." But really, is Sea Hunter THAT old? Is there that much of an age difference? In any case, glad to see another Filipina superhero out there. Still keeping fingers crossed for a badass Filipino marine version of Captain America!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Wave could have been calling her "auntie" as a jibe. It could be a running gag where everybody thinks Sea Hunter is older than she looks.

I dig Shang-chi's relationship with Sword Master and hope they adapt it for Shang-chi 4 .

Honestly i wouldn't mind seeing some teamups btw the new Asian heroes and some marvel favorites.

Also a girl's night out with Silk and the others should be a oneshot in Aero's comic.

Wave could have been calling her "auntie" as a jibe. It could be a running gag where everybody thinks Sea Hunter is older than she looks.

I dig Shang-chi's relationship with Sword Master and hope they adapt it for Shang-chi 4 .

Honestly i wouldn't mind seeing some teamups btw the new Asian heroes and some marvel favorites.

Also a girl's night out with Silk and the others should be a oneshot in Aero's comic.
    Thanks for the shout outs!

Just glad to report that I got to meet Greg Pak last night! He was holding a lecture/conversation at the Korean Cultural Center over at NYC. Definitely an insightful experience. He talked a lot about his personal upbringing and career, like his short films, his work on Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, Star Wars, Mecha Cadet Yu, Superman, and Agents of Atlas. In terms of Agents of Atlas, he mentioned how he liked the diversity within diversity, which is very doable in a large cast. Instead of having the lone Asian person being a representative of all of Asian culture, having this large cast allows him to explore issues of class, culture, and age. He gave behind the scenes background with these characters, going as far back as the fighting over the check scene with Shang and Jimmy in the Protectors storyline in "Totally Awesome Hulk." He definitely found it funny how many of the scenes featuring the Agents of Atlas revolve around food i.e. the spam scene. Plus, he showed off some preview art for upcoming issues (don't want to spoil it now, but let's just say Nico Leon is going to give some subtle nods to Asian culture that many of us can relate to .

Finally, I'm proud to say I got autographed copies of Greg's works, like Agents of Atlas #1 and The Princess Who Rescued Herself. Had a chance to talk briefly with him and share with him my enthusiasm for the title! And yes, I asked about Sunfire showing up. He said it's not in the plans now, but a possibility. The fans have been talking about it though (think I had some effect there ).

In any case, it was a fun time. For any of the posters here who are going to NYCC, Pak will be there.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Issue 6 of both solos do seem to conclude the current backup stories, so I guess we'll have to see what happens in the issue 7s.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Could be, because Sea Hunter called her "bata" ("child"). Also, does anyone get a Mad Max vibe out of her visuals?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES