Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Heh. Closest we've probably had in the past is Dazzler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Something about that makes me wonder if Hae Won is gonna be the villain of the issue.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    - Reread all the back-ups featuring Wave and Sword Master. A couple of things are starting to become apparent. In terms of Wave, I was struck with that misfortune she had early in her life. She could have gone to the Olympics and made her family proud. However, she fought against a rich kid and paid for it. It hurts but it's also relatable. Maybe Ray could speak about this more than I could, but the gap between rich and poor is wide in the Philippines. Getting out of impoverished circumstances is something that a lot of people want to do (indeed, I think about all of the Filipinos who leave the country to become domestic helpers or nurses in America and abroad. Just a little bit in those countries makes a huge difference in some of the provinces of the Philippines). Seeing Pearl work at a Jollibee-esque restaurant, that stung. Especially seeing how much she cares for family, like her lolo. Now she's caught up in schemes involving secret labs and conflicts with the Philippines national super hero team. Man, just hope that she pulls through.
    I'm only now reacting to this, but you're spot on with the predicament the poor here get into, and how many want to pursue the rags-to-riches dream. There are so many cases of people stumbling along the away and fading into poverty again. Then we have the rare few who become success stories in varying degrees.

As for the sirenas, Pak and Wong have take liberties as to how they are depicted (and they use the adapted "siren" name to make the analogy with western mermaids more apparent which is understandable, because I doubt any of the native names would catch on with the readers), and now that AoA will clash with Namor and the Atlanteans it will be interesting how his kingdom views the sirenas and the Men-Fish-like creatures we saw at the end of the issue. Namor had some Men-Fish in his Defenders of the Deep.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I read issue 3 today and its a fun issue. Nice swerve with Isaac by Pak.

Luna's getting a new look in Future Fight:

I wonder if the comics will reflect that, like when White Fox got a new costume?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Luna's origin is a bit generic, but I kind of expected it since that was her description in Future Fight. While I would normally take issue with lyrics on the page, I recalled Marvel releasing Luna's song, one of them at least, so I can let this pass. Seriously, Myeong Hyeongseo and Buster are really talented.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 10-23-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Yeah, in fact, the issue tells you to go to www.marvel.com/lunasnow - where you'll find this:

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Luna's getting a new look in Future Fight:

I wonder if the comics will reflect that, like when White Fox got a new costume?
    It looks more like casual wear then an actual costume.

I don't know why it bugs me so much that Seol Hee hasn't been given a family name yet. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks more like casual wear then an actual costume.
    It definitely looks like a K-Pop stage outfit.

I actually assumed Hee was her family name - but this issue confirms that's not the case, as the full name is used throughout instead of just Seol.

Mighty Member

I'm guessing her family name is Seol. In korean nomenclature it goes Family Name first then given name.

Hee is her, by western standards, first name. I can only assume that's the case otherwise it don't really make sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm guessing her family name is Seol. In korean nomenclature it goes Family Name first then given name.

Hee is her, by western standards, first name. I can only assume that's the case otherwise it don't really make sense.
    Except that Seol Hee is a legitimate Korean personal name, but not a family name. Sure, this is comics where we give characters two first names (Peter Parker, Tina Minoru, Donald Blake, Sam Wilson) and yes comics have given the double middle finger to language itself (Iosama for a computer nerd, WTF), but still I trust Pak won't screw up Korean naming that much since he is Korean mixed.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 10-24-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

That would be flipped to given name first when translated into English though.

Anyway, the solicits are out. We've already seen the team's, but here's the solos:

SWORD MASTER #7
    SHUIZHU & GREG PAK (W)
    GUNJI (A/C) AUG199010
    A GOD OF WAR RETURNS!
    • SWORD MASTER and JI SHUANGSHUANG fight the resurrected demon hordes of CHIYOU, the ancient God of War…
    • But their greatest enemy might be each other!
    • And what treasure or horror lies within that red box, anyway?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AERO #7
    ZHOU LIEFEN & GREG PAK (W) • KENG (A)
    COVER BY Eduard Petrovich
    THE MADAME OF MYSTERY AND MENACE!
    • LEI LING finally faces MADAME HUANG!
    • But who is Huang and will her experience and power stop AERO in her tracks?
    • And will Aero be able to crack the mystery of the crystal jade towers and creatures infiltrating Shanghai before they take over the city?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Aero and Sword Master in Future Fight.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well that was only ever a matter of time. Does this mean the entire team is in the game now?