Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So what do we know about the new people?

I'm assuming that the woman to the lower right has snow/ice powers, from the snowflake on her, but have no idea what sort of abilities the anime dude with the sword and scarf or flying lady in white have.

Is the little kid connected to the bear? 'Cause that would be a neat power. "I make bears."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I'm assuming that the woman to the lower right has snow/ice powers, from the snowflake on her, but have no idea what sort of abilities the anime dude with the sword and scarf or flying lady in white have.

Is the little kid connected to the bear? 'Cause that would be a neat power. "I make bears."
    You should read the thread.

It will be interesting to the new characters in action. I too would have preferred a different name for this team but I'm still interested in reading about them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Here's some art of Aero and Sword Master in their original comics:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...of-the-realms/
    interesting that Marvel has these deals with select foreign markets to create characters for publishing exclusive to those countries/regions. They should do more of this, for other parts of the world.

Here's some art of Aero and Sword Master in their original comics:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...of-the-realms/
    Looks good. I love that Aero is using her wind control to punch things directly. Badass.
    Also loving the art, and I trust Gang Hyuk Lim to make her look as good as in the original comics.

640.jpg
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Luna Snow basically has Iceman's powers.

Yeah, that kid Crescent, and the spirit bear Io, are partners, not unlike Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Crescent doesn't have any other powers, but is an expert in Taekwondo. Io has super strength, phasing, energy absorption, and fear inducing powers.

Aero and Sword Master don't have articles on the Marvel Database wiki, probably because their comics aren't in English. Aero's powers are obvious from the name - wind control and flight. Sword Master is a melee combatant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So is Sword Master basically Strider Hiriyu from Capcom?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVuxW1u1zb8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You should read the thread.
    The link to this thread you speak of isn't showing up for me. Can you repost it? (Obviously you don't mean *this* thread, since their names weren't even mentioned on the earlier pages before I asked about them, and it's mostly about side-topics like whether or not Venus got ganked when Aphrodite died with the other Olympians or stuff about Silk or Radiant or White Fox or Jimmy Woo.)

I'm genuinely interested in learning more about the new folks. I like new characters getting a chance to shine, as much as older 'new characters' like Silk or older *old* characters like Jimmy Woo showing up.

Thanks to Digifiend, I now know their names (Luna Snow, I'd heard of, but Aero, Crescent and Sword-Master are new to me, and while I can Google them, if there's one single thread somewhere that talks about all of them, as you say, it could save time).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We now have the names of all the new MU (as in new to Earth 616) Asian heroes as per this CBR article:

Marvel's War of the Realms Tie-in Will Introduce New Asian Heroes

Five of them come from Marvel video games while one is totally brand new, Wave, and she's from the Philippines! (Yes!) And she's not on the cover so I'm dying to know how Filipino-derived her costume is.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I stopped playing Future Fight a long time before Luna Snow was introduced, but I recall reading somewhere that her light/dark motif translated to her powers as well. Healing light ice and destructive dark ice

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We now have the names of all the new MU (as in new to Earth 616) Asian heroes as per this CBR article:

Marvel's War of the Realms Tie-in Will Introduce New Asian Heroes

Five of them come from Marvel video games while one is totally brand new, Wave, and she's from the Philippines! (Yes!) And she's not on the cover so I'm dying to know how Filipino-derived her costume is.
    Sorry, that's wrong. White Fox isn't there at all, contrary to what the article says, and she's ALREADY been in the 616 comics, namely Totally Awesome Hulk's Monsters Unleashed one-shot and the upcoming Domino: Hotshots mini. And while NetEase is a game operator, their two characters aren't from any game, they're from comics - which I already linked to art from!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-19-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sorry, that's wrong. White Fox isn't there at all, contrary to what the article says, and she's ALREADY been in the 616 comics, namely Totally Awesome Hulk's Monsters Unleashed one-shot and the upcoming Domino: Hotshots mini. And while NetEase is a game operator, their two characters aren't from any game, they're from comics - which I already linked to art from!
    Don't forget about Contest of Champions by Al Ewing, which might've been where she made her 616 debut, not to mention the Avengers: Electric Rain manhwa that was made to promote Avengers: Age of Ultron back in 2015.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

White Fox seems to be on the cover for issue 2 so she may be joining the team

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

White Fox seems to be on the cover for issue 2 so she may be joining the team
    That cover is so awesome

Love that cover. Cho really stands out there.

I much prefer this form compared to his last. It suits him more.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.