Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Why didn't the Marvel.com article mention White Fox then? I assume CBR had already seen this cover, I'd assumed they were mistaken about her involvement because marvel.com didn't mention her. Doesn't change the fact that they were wrong about her being new though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It's entirely possible that CBR's Sam Stone picked up Greg Pak's tweet mentioning White Fox's involvement in WotR: NAoA which was time stamped the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pak
    White Fox, the Korean super-agent currently featured in the Marvel Future Fight game, is indeed in WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #1! I gotta say, she's HUGELY fun to write. Y'all are gonna love her! �� <-- need a white fox emoji, but this'll have to do for now.
    This is part of a thread started by Pak where he includes a fox emoji, among other emoji symbolizing the other members including a wave for, well Wave (who for some reason wasn't mentioned anywhere on this thread until my post—Filipino superheroes are few and far between, they need some love y'all ) giving followers hints about White Fox.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Would like to have seen Arwyn Wong from Iron Man: Hong Kong Heroes with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

White Fox seems to be on the cover for issue 2 so she may be joining the team
    Great to hear that White Fox is a part of this team. Great to see a new image of the team as well. And thanks for the link to Greg Pak's Twitter feed. Reading through it, one can tell that writing the Protectors back in 2017 meant a lot to him (if you haven't done so already, check out those issues of Totally Awesome Hulk. I'm in the midst of rereading them right now!). It seems as though this project means much as well. Indeed, I like how Greg mentions the diversity within diversity. All of these characters have separate views, perspectives, and backgrounds. Just like any other group, Asians and Asian-Americans, though sharing some common denominators, aren't just one monolith. Rather each is unique. Thus, I'll reiterate that I'm very looking forward to Marvel's old school, homegrown Asian and Asian-Americans meeting the newer Asian characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Love that cover. Cho really stands out there.

I much prefer this form compared to his last. It suits him more.
    Oh yeah, it's a great image. For me though, the prominent characters are Shang and Jimmy .

Just a couple of last comments:

- Alright, I gotta be the one to ask, but where's Big Hero Six in all of this? They're not being featured here because they're their own comic series for another company, right?

- Just want to say that as someone who is half-Filipino, I'm also looking forward to Wave. Keeping the fingers crossed that this character will be great!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Would like to have seen Arwyn Wong from Iron Man: Hong Kong Heroes with this group.

Beautiful artwork there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Great to hear that White Fox is a part of this team. Great to see a new image of the team as well. And thanks for the link to Greg Pak's Twitter feed. Reading through it, one can tell that writing the Protectors back in 2017 meant a lot to him (if you haven't done so already, check out those issues of Totally Awesome Hulk. I'm in the midst of rereading them right now!). It seems as though this project means much as well. Indeed, I like how Greg mentions the diversity within diversity. All of these characters have separate views, perspectives, and backgrounds. Just like any other group, Asians and Asian-Americans, though sharing some common denominators, aren't just one monolith. Rather each is unique. Thus, I'll reiterate that I'm very looking forward to Marvel's old school, homegrown Asian and Asian-Americans meeting the newer Asian characters.

Oh yeah, it's a great image. For me though, the prominent characters are Shang and Jimmy .

Just a couple of last comments:

- Alright, I gotta be the one to ask, but where's Big Hero Six in all of this? They're not being featured here because they're their own comic series for another company, right?

- Just want to say that as someone who is half-Filipino, I'm also looking forward to Wave. Keeping the fingers crossed that this character will be great!
    From what I recall, Marvel has effectively ceded Big Hero Six to Disney, probably to avoid confusing moviegoers (or anyone watching the TV series based on and taking place after the movie). Shame, though. I'd have loved to see the original versions of the Big Hero Six as part of this globe-spanning event, much like they were in the one-shot special for Amazing Spider-Man's Ends of the Earth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

White Fox seems to be on the cover for issue 2 so she may be joining the team
    Jimmy's raised eyebrow has extended my goddamn lifespan by years. My new babies lookin' good.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Beautiful artwork there.

From what I recall, Marvel has effectively ceded Big Hero Six to Disney, probably to avoid confusing moviegoers (or anyone watching the TV series based on and taking place after the movie). Shame, though. I'd have loved to see the original versions of the Big Hero Six as part of this globe-spanning event, much like they were in the one-shot special for Amazing Spider-Man's Ends of the Earth.
    Big shame bro. Would have been cool to see Hiro and the gang here.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Figured people here might be interested ... but if you haven’t seen Altia: Battle Angel you should. It was actually really good and its inspired by an Anime .
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Big shame bro. Would have been cool to see Hiro and the gang here.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Figured people here might be interested ... but if you haven’t seen Altia: Battle Angel you should. It was actually really good and its inspired by an Anime .
    As someone who also saw Alita: Battle Angel, cosigned all the way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Two more Chinese heroes that would have fit well on this team are Dragonfire and Coldmoon. Another cold generator would be helpful against the Queen of Cinders given the Luna Snow spoiler for issue 2. I believe they started out to be game characters but wound up making a single comic appearance. If this turns into an ongoing maybe Arwyn Wong, Dragonfire and Coldmoon can eventually join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Two more Chinese heroes that would have fit well on this team are Dragonfire and Coldmoon. Another cold generator would be helpful against the Queen of Cinders given the Luna Snow spoiler for issue 2. I believe they started out to be game characters but wound up making a single comic appearance. If this turns into an ongoing maybe Arwyn Wong, Dragonfire and Coldmoon can eventually join the team.

Dang it I was creating a character with the name Dragonfire...

But these two seem awesome! Where is this from? I want to pick it up?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

That's from the same Marvel Point One comic that Sam Alexander Nova debuted in.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hello, Wave!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Filipina superhero drawn by Filipino artist Leinil Francis Yu! Gonna dissect that costume later.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

She looks pretty cool

And it looks like the swords she uses are based on laring

www.traditionalfilipinoweapons.com/shop/laring/