Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 349
  1. #91
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Here's the original interview from Manila Bulletin's Jiggy Cruz who was at SXSW. I just had to add this shout-out to us Filipino fans from Cebulski himself.
    I also got a comment from C.B., a dear friend of the Filipinos.

    Filipino Marvel fans are some of the most passionate in the world, and we’ve always wanted to return that love… and now we finally have that chance, in the form of the water warrior known as Wave! Greg Pak and Leinil Yu have created Marvel’s newest hero, a fascinating Filipina with roots in Cebu. We look forward to exploring not only her place in the Marvel Universe, but her origins in the Philippines!”

    “And of course she’s a Jollibee fan!” Cebulski added.
    Jollibee lol!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  2. #92
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Interview with Pak at 11:00 minutes.

    heroine addict we love you come back

  3. #93
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Here's the original interview from Manila Bulletin's Jiggy Cruz who was at SXSW. I just had to add this shout-out to us Filipino fans from Cebulski himself.


    Jollibee lol!
    Dude, craving my two pieces and bundle of rice right now!

    Loved the interview with Greg Pak! He's genuinely interested in this..
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  4. #94
    Spectacular Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Anyone know if the China-exclusive comics are gonna be canon for the mini series?

  5. #95

    Default

    is it a possibility that Agents of Atlas will be hinted at with the Shang Chi movie? Will we see Jimmy Woo show up in the movie-- since we've already seen him in Ant-Man.

  6. #96

  7. #97

    Default

    The original Agents of Atlas was one of my favorite super hero groups whether they were regularly appearing in a book or not. If there is a new version, I find myself losing interest. It's lost the initial spark of a bunch of 50s heroes.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with those two other guys)
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  8. #98
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice look bro. Quite honestly, the one who seems to be popping the most off of the page is Wave. Kudos to her. I'm a little confused with the sequence though. There's some emergency, Jimmy, Shang, Amadeus, Silk, and Ms. Marvel are heading out....and eat some dim sum? Hmmm, Greg Pak must be setting up a punchline in there somewhere.

    In response to those who'd like to see these characters as part of the Avengers, absolutely, that's something we'd like to see as it raises popularity. For example Shang-Chi's stock rose a lot after his stint with the Avengers. The more I think about this, though, this group could already start to fill some archetypal team roles. Heavy hitters could be Wave, Io, Aero, and Luna Snow. Brains and strategy could be Amadeus Cho. Leadership and hand-to-hand could be Jimmy and Shang. Seriously, the potential is there.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  9. #99
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,112

    Default

    Those are isolated panels, not a single page. Look behind the eating scene, you can see an unrelated panel in the background, possibly a splash.

  10. #100
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Those are isolated panels, not a single page. Look behind the eating scene, you can see an unrelated panel in the background, possibly a splash.
    Got it. Thanks bro.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  11. #101
    Mighty Member GreenScar1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The original Agents of Atlas was one of my favorite super hero groups whether they were regularly appearing in a book or not. If there is a new version, I find myself losing interest. It's lost the initial spark of a bunch of 50s heroes.
    I love the original team myself. Jimmy Woo, Gorilla-Man, Namora, M-11, Venus and The Uranian. Jeff Parker did a lot of great work with them. Wish they'd get a revival with Jeff Parker or a similar competent writer at the helm along with a superb artist. Personally, I think it'd make a truly great MCU film or series. I always pictured Ron Perlman voicing/portraying Ken Hale/Gorilla-Man.

  12. #102
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    ...Personally, I think it'd make a truly great MCU film or series. I always pictured Ron Perlman voicing/portraying Ken Hale/Gorilla-Man.
    I kinda see H Jon Benjamin.

  13. #103
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I love the original team myself. Jimmy Woo, Gorilla-Man, Namora, M-11, Venus and The Uranian. Jeff Parker did a lot of great work with them. Wish they'd get a revival with Jeff Parker or a similar competent writer at the helm along with a superb artist. Personally, I think it'd make a truly great MCU film or series. I always pictured Ron Perlman voicing/portraying Ken Hale/Gorilla-Man.
    Part of me thinks with a iittle bit of tweaking, the Agents of Wakanda in the Avengers book right now could have been the Agents of Atlas. They sort of have that vibe.

    Oh well. Maybe down the line someone can bring them back. They were a fun group.

  14. #104
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,112

    Default

    Sword Master and Aero solo books announced. Greg Pak writing, and translations of the original Chinese comics will be backups.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...july-greg-pak/

  15. #105
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sword Master and Aero solo books announced. Greg Pak writing, and translations of the original Chinese comics will be backups.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...july-greg-pak/
    That's good news.
    I hope they won't tone down the cheesecake for the Aero comics.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •