Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sword Master and Aero solo books announced. Greg Pak writing, and translations of the original Chinese comics will be backups.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...july-greg-pak/
    Sweet. I mean, I've been already reading them via Google Translate for a while now but it's nice to get them done accurately and with additional stuff. Glad to also hear that they're gonna get more solos by Greg Pak! Hopefully they do well, they're entire shtick might be a bit too Manga-y for some folks.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 03-27-2019 at 10:38 AM.

That's pretty neat. I was hoping to get some more backstory on Sword Master and Aero

You get a basic biography for Crescent, Io and Luna Snow from the Future Fight game, but I haven't found much for Sword Master and Aero online

Sword Master and Aero solo books announced. Greg Pak writing, and translations of the original Chinese comics will be backups.
    Almost feels like they're reviving the Mangaverse .

Manhuaverse?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Sweet. I mean, I've been already reading them via Google Translate for a while now but it's nice to get them done accurately and with additional stuff. Glad to also hear that they're gonna get more solos by Greg Pak! Hopefully they do well, they're entire shtick might be a bit too Manga-y for some folks.
    Sounds pretty cool. I'm slowly getting into these characters. Still, I feel they should be a bit more manga-y. I'm talking about the sharp angles and deep features of something like a Bleach. Feel that it would benefit Swordmaster and Aero.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Shang-Chi will co-star in Sword Master and Wave will co-star in Aero.
    https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1111830892136157184
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is it a possibility that Agents of Atlas will be hinted at with the Shang Chi movie? Will we see Jimmy Woo show up in the movie-- since we've already seen him in Ant-Man.
    If an Agents of Atlas shows up in the Shang Chi:Master of Kung Fu (set in late '60's, and early '70's if Marvel Studios wants to recapture that old school Kung fu movie vibe, Marvel Studios hire Quentin Tarantino for this) It could be Jeff Parker AoA with Gorilla Man (voiced by Seth Rogan), and M-11 the human robot (with 8 track tape voice modes, fans of Jeff Parker's AoA will get this one {Gorilla Man put an 8 track tape of Muhammad Ali the boxer when M-11 fought M-21 {I think}.) And the Jimmy Woo from Ant Man & Wasp (I think it was established he has some variation of Nick Fury Sr's infinity formula to slow his aging) I could be wrong though.
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

All of the classics Agents of Atlas are supposed to have some way to still be young now despite being something like 80 or more years old - so yeah, Jimmy should have the Infinity Formula and there's no reason not to keep that in the movies (as for the others, Venus is immortal, Uranian has a special suit, Gorilla Man can only die by being killed by someone else and thus is also functionally immortal, M is a robot, and Namora as an Altantean just has a longer than normal lifespan. Right?).

I don't think Jimmy used the Infinity Formula in the comics. He aged normally and was an old man who worked for SHIELD until he went rogue, he nearly died on a mission and Bob came back from Uranus and used his alien technology to rebuild his body to how it was when Bob last saw him in the 50s

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The original Agents of Atlas was one of my favorite super hero groups whether they were regularly appearing in a book or not. If there is a new version, I find myself losing interest. It's lost the initial spark of a bunch of 50s heroes.

Personally i can't really blame Marvel for going in a different direction with the franchise as the original cast of characters had numerous chances to catch on and failed to do so but what they're going for here isn't for me. Shang Chi and Jimmy Woo are cool but i'm indifferent to Cho and Silk and the others i don't know enough about and really i'm not sure i find myself compelled to learn more about them.

Nobody knows much about the others, they're new. This book serves three purposes: it's basically a coda to the Totally Awesome Hulk book (that's purpose number one), and it introduces readers to Wave, Aero, and Sword Master, who are getting comics afterwards (promoting those is purpose number two), and Crescent, Io, and Luna Snow, who are from the Future Fight mobile game (promoting that being purpose number three).

Astonishing Member

Although they might end up amounting to minis (or maxis if lucky), I am happy they're getting something in the west that'll explore them and flesh them out over here, and look forward to reading them. I rather completely trust Greg Pak, both in general and especially when it comes to his handling of Asian and Asian-descent characters, so I know he's got this.

Also, I wonder if Sword Master's two friends (I believe they're his friends?), whom are also weapon wielders (a whip and a... I'm not sure what her weapon is, actually), will have prominent roles in this Western comic like they appear to have based on the Chinese promotional arts and covers? These 3 make up the 3 weapons that I gathered to be a big deal in Sword Master's story/backstory/world building. In fact, his NetEase comic is called "Warriors of the Three Emperors".

The ones on either side of Sword Master.

On another note, I wonder if they ever intend to translate those NetEase comics of Aero's and Sword Master's and release them to the West, or will they remain Chinese exclusives? EDIT: So excited, I glossed over them being back-ups.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-01-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Shang-Chi will co-star in Sword Master and Wave will co-star in Aero.
    https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1111830892136157184
    Makes pragmatic sense. In Shang-Chi's case, it's placing an already established character along with the new (in the West) star to help give the new star that little bit of an extra oomph. In Wave's case, it allows Wave to stay in focus and get better known along with the new (in the West) Aero.

Shang-Chi's case also doubles as him being kept in the public conscious, if his movie really is on the way.

Nobody knows much about the others, they're new. This book serves three purposes: it's basically a coda to the Totally Awesome Hulk book (that's purpose number one), and it introduces readers to Wave, Aero, and Sword Master, who are getting comics afterwards (promoting those is purpose number two), and Crescent, Io, and Luna Snow, who are from the Future Fight mobile game (promoting that being purpose number three).
    I agree that these characters being new and learning about them is the entire point, and so criticizing the new characters and saying not enough is known about them or they're not worth learning more about or anything like that is disingenuous to the point. To say nothing of how this general attitude is why we can't have new characters with their own new monikers.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-01-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wave is getting an exclusive local (as in Philippine) comic book shop cover!

https://www.facebook.com/comicodc/ph...7688182914371/

🌊 A Comic Odyssey exclusive! 🌊

Marvel's new Filipino superhero, WAVE, makes her debut with a big splash!

We are proud to announce our very first Marvel Comics exclusive cover featuring art by Mico Suayan and Rain Beredo for Wave's 1st appearance, WAR OF REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #1.

Pre-orders for this limited edition cover will be opening up shortly. Abangan!

Suayan is another Filipino artist while Beredo is a colorist who have worked for Marvel before.

BTW "Abangan" means "wait for it" but with mood of anticipation. I definitely will!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That cover is really awesome