Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wave is getting an exclusive local (as in Philippine) comic book shop cover!

https://www.facebook.com/comicodc/ph...7688182914371/

🌊 A Comic Odyssey exclusive! 🌊

Marvel's new Filipino superhero, WAVE, makes her debut with a big splash!

We are proud to announce our very first Marvel Comics exclusive cover featuring art by Mico Suayan and Rain Beredo for Wave's 1st appearance, WAR OF REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #1.

Pre-orders for this limited edition cover will be opening up shortly. Abangan!

Suayan is another Filipino artist while Beredo is a colorist who have worked for Marvel before.

BTW "Abangan" means "wait for it" but with mood of anticipation. I definitely will!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That cover is really awesome
    Fantastic cover! Really beautiful! It reminds me how there have been a ton of really talented Filipino artists who've been in the American comic industry for years. Now, that talent is being channeled into creating a great Filipino character. It just works out perfectly! Greg Pak has also stated that Wave is one of his favorite new characters. Good to hear about this support.

Just a couple of thoughts:

- Have we talked about who will be leading the Agents of Atlas? Greg Pak has been pretty coy about who will be in charge. Amadeus is the interim leader, so what about Jimmy? Hmmm, maybe a fight between the two? Jimmy taken off of the board early? Pretty excited to see where that goes.

- Pretty excited to hear that Shang-Chi will be sticking around, especially with Swordmaster. Part of me is intrigued on how this will go. Will Shang be Swordmaster's shifu? Swordmaster is only an 18 yr. old kid and has a pretty powerful weapon. If Shang can teach Spider-Man, he could do the same with this character.

- I'm still hoping that Sunfire could show up in a future story. Now, we've said before that there isn't outright hatred, but rather a subtle tension between different Asian countries, especially b/w Korea and Japan. I think it would be cool to see how Sunfire and Japan would be at odds with the Agents of Atlas, especially the Korean members. I want to see Sunfire come into conflict with Luna Snow. Just look at them, they're made to oppose one another!

Fire and ice, Japan and Korea, it works. It just works!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

- Pretty excited to hear that Shang-Chi will be sticking around, especially with Swordmaster. Part of me is intrigued on how this will go. Will Shang be Swordmaster's shifu? Swordmaster is only an 18 yr. old kid and has a pretty powerful weapon. If Shang can teach Spider-Man, he could do the same with this character.
    I, too, wonder what Shang-Chi's role in Sword Master's (has it been confirmed one word or two?) life will be. And I wonder what their dynamic together will become. Also, will the other two weapon wielders have a role in this book (some NetEase promotional stuff implies the 3 are a power trio of sorts), and if so, will Shang-Chi's role extend to those two, also?

Sword Master is two words. We've seen a logo for his solo comic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sword Master is two words. We've seen a logo for his solo comic.
    I thought so, but just wanted to make sure.

Astonishing Member

Also, unless I missed something, there are no Mutants on Inhumans on this team (unless Kamala has a serious role, and she really only nominally counts as the latter).

And bringing Sunfire in would be an interesting thing to do, though I can imagine they might not want to develop that kind of story that having someone as strong-willed as Sunfire would inevitable become. Sunfire hasn't had much in the way of unambigous appearances in recent times, especially unambigously heroic.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-10-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Figured it was about time we restarted this thread. Because the Agents of Atlas name is back in use. It's actually the Protectors from Totally Awesome Hulk with some new members and a rebrand. Gorilla Man, meanwhile, is an Agent of Wakanda in the Avengers series.
    Ugh. Thought this thread was about the original Agents of Atlas.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The only Agent of Atlas I see there is Jimmy Woo. At least I think that's Jimmy Woo.

When I think of Agents of Atlas, I think of Atlas era characters. These guys. Boy, I miss them.

Who is using the name Agents of Atlas presently?
    Now this is what I'm talking about.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

I think Avengers No Road Home killed off an Agent of Atlas this week by the way. The entire Greek pantheon was slain, with the exception of Hercules. That means Venus is gone.
    I thought the Agents of Atlas Venus wasn't really the Greek/Roman goddess, but a siren. It's been a while since I've read the series.
    Sandy Hausler

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I thought the Agents of Atlas Venus wasn't really the Greek/Roman goddess, but a siren. It's been a while since I've read the series.
    As I remember in the AoA back-up story to AoO (Assault on Olympus), Aphrodite (the goddess) confronted Venus (the siren) and they had a sing-off which Venus won. Aphrodite ceded the title of Goddess of Love to her and gave her the cestus to wear. Exactly where Aphrodite departed to is not shown in any AoA follow-up to my knowledge, but Venus is now a deity or quasi-deity as demonstrated when Hercules included her in the God Squad 2.0 for Chaos War.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Ugh. Thought this thread was about the original Agents of Atlas.
    It's about any team using that name. Only reason it's a new thread is because the old appreciation threads got locked up. And the reason most of the discussion is about the new team is because we haven't had any news about the old team, except for Jimmy Woo and Gorilla Man.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey all. Just thought I'd put in a couple of updates:

- First issue of Agents of Atlas has already gotten some praise! Greg Pak retweeted this shout out on his Twitter feed from Jetpack Comics. It also gives us a definite date for when the issue drops:
    We just got a chance to check out a preview for War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas by @gregpak and Gang Hyuk Lim, and our praise just can't do it justice! If you haven't already added the series to your pull box with us, what are you waiting for? Issue 1 drops May 8th!
    Agents of Atlas coming out May 8th folks. Keeping the fingers crossed that the issue lives up to it's expectations!

- As we've heard before, Aero #1 and Sword Master (ha got the name right this time!) #1 will be debuting July. Here are the official solicits:

AERO #1
    ZHOU LIEFEN & GREG PAK (W) • KENG & POP MHAN (A) • Cover by KENG
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY JAY ANACLETO
    VARIANT COVER BY MIRKA ANDOLFO
    VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
    CATCH THE WAVE! ALL NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    The breakout stars of WAR OF THE REALMS: AGENTS OF ATLAS debut in an oversized team-up book! Get ready for the English language debut of the first appearance of AERO, the high-flying Shanghaiese superheroine created for Marvel by Zhou Liefen and Keng!
    And in a brand new story written by PLANET HULK writer Greg Pak, Aero teams up with WAVE, Marvel’s newest Filipina superheroine! What strange forces have turned the buildings of Shanghai into monstrous golems? And what is the SECRET ORIGIN OF WAVE?
    SWORD MASTER #1
    SHUIZHU & GREG PAK (W) • GUNJI & ARIO ANINDITO (A) • COVER BY GUNJI
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    VARIANT COVER BY BILLY TAN
    VARIANT COVER BY PHILIP TAN
    MIGHTY MARVEL MARTIAL ARTS DOUBLE TROUBLE! ALL NEW ONGOING SERIES!
    You saw him tear through Fire Goblins in WAR OF THE REALMS with his big, damn magic sword! Now learn the mysterious origins of LIN LIE, A.K.A. SWORD MASTER, Marvel’s newest Chinese superhero, in the English language debut of the original series written by Shuizhu and drawn by Gunji! Haunted by dreams of demons, Lin Lie hunts for his missing archeologist father – and for the secret of the black sword he left behind.
    And in a brand new story written by Greg Pak (NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS), Sword Master teams up with SHANG-CHI! What happens when an undisciplined, untrained kid with a magic sword tangles with the one and only, undisputed MASTER OF KUNG FU? (Spoiler alert: they will indeed drive each other crazy, with huge ramifications for the Marvel Universe!)
    40 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    So, we'll get to know more about Wave in Aero #1. Furthermore, it seems that Shang might be the shifu to Sword Master. Really dig those "disciplined, old school mentor meets punk, new school student" stories. Hopefully Shang won't be depicted as being too stuffy or stoic. And hopefully he proves to Sword Master that magic swords don't mean much to a master of Kung Fu!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just thought I'd put in a couple of updates:

- First issue of Agents of Atlas has already gotten some praise! Greg Pak retweeted this shout out on his Twitter feed from Jetpack Comics. It also gives us a definite date for when the issue drops:

Agents of Atlas coming out May 8th folks. Keeping the fingers crossed that the issue lives up to it's expectations!

- As we've heard before, Aero #1 and Sword Master (ha got the name right this time!) #1 will be debuting July. Here are the official solicits:

So, we'll get to know more about Wave in Aero #1. Furthermore, it seems that Shang might be the shifu to Sword Master. Really dig those "disciplined, old school mentor meets punk, new school student" stories. Hopefully Shang won't be depicted as being too stuffy or stoic. And hopefully he proves to Sword Master that magic swords don't mean much to a master of Kung Fu!
    Nice! Lovin' the hype!

July can't get here fast enough for the Aero and Sword Master. I'm curious how Lin Lie will tangle with Shang-Chi; the former doesn't come off as confrontational in the way this implies, at least from comics pages I've seen, especially compared to Lin Lie's blond friend/roommate/prankster/whip-wielding compatriot-person (can't read the text, so I can't comment further on my interpretation).

Preview!
    https://www.newsarama.com/45027-all-...s-preview.html

Jimmy Woo has launched a school for Asian superhumans.

Jimmy started the School back in Infinity: The Hunt #1

Well it's good to see that Pak paid attention to continuity then.