Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Read "I Know" By Brian Micheal Bendis and Alex Maleev NOW On EW For Free

https://ew.com/books/2019/02/15/read...-share-article

Bendis' story for Detective#1000 has been released free of charge.

Yet another "possible future" tale.

"Weyp" ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Weyp" ?
    Pretty sure its one of these

BANNED

Found this in the Bendis thread over in the Superman section, I'll repeat what I said there

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bendis gave his Superman run a shout out in his Detective Comics 1000 story. It's also a great indicator of what Maleev has in store for us with Leviathan.

Bendis' tweet here: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...87832732950528

Full story here: https://ew.com/books/2019/02/15/read...-share-article

The shout out in question: while trying to guess who Batman really is, someone brings up the idea of how much money it would take to be Batman, and they say "who's the rotted old lady who own the Planet?"

That's a shout out to the boss of the Invisible Mafia.
    ...Wait, if the events of Action Comics is canon to that story, then why is Selina with the other villains and Bane? Has Bendis spoiled something to come in King's Batman run? Is Selina turning heel? Or is this meant to be taken as out-of-continuity? (it also contradicts King's own flash forward ending for Bruce/Selina)

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Found this in the Bendis thread over in the Superman section, I'll repeat what I said there

...Wait, if the events of Action Comics is canon to that story, then why is Selina with the other villains and Bane? Has Bendis spoiled something to come in King's Batman run? Is Selina turning heel? Or is this meant to be taken as out-of-continuity? (it also contradicts King's own flash forward ending for Bruce/Selina)
    It's Bendis. He don't care about continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    It's Bendis. He don't care about continuity.
    Or general characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Considering that the Joker doesn't know Bruce Wayne is Batman in this story, and we know he clearly does, I don't think the story's supposed to be completely in-continuity, unless it takes place at a weird point earlier (which would also explain why Catwoman would be there)

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Considering that the Joker doesn't know Bruce Wayne is Batman in this story, and we know he clearly does, I don't think the story's supposed to be completely in-continuity, unless it takes place at a weird point earlier (which would also explain why Catwoman would be there)
    Bendis really does just ignore pre-established continuity. And characterization. He already made Lois and Clark into God awful parents. Turned Lois from the mama bear of Rebirth into a "oh, my 10 year old is good to go with this guy whom we last saw orchestrating mass murder, so I'll just head home and not tell my husband."

I hope Bendis takes over after King.

And I don't really see any version of Joker organizing the villains to take down Batman. That's really not his style.

I always thought Bendis would be a good fit for Batman. If he were inclined to do a Bat-ongoing, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I don't really see any version of Joker organizing the villains to take down Batman. That's really not his style.
    Just the way the story was told seems very clear to me this is a not supposed to be a completely canon story, which every flash forward story really is. I mean, are we also ignoring the fact Penguin clearly has two eyes in both the flashback and flash forward?

As for the story itself, I think its a great. Maleev's art is wonderful, I like he went for a more unique style of art then he normally goes for, but its still obviously him. It's a very interesting look into the Penguin as a character and what his true motivations are, which we never really get. And despite seemingly finding a way to come out on time, Bruce still gets the last laugh in his own way.

Just the way the story was told seems very clear to me this is a not supposed to be a completely canon story, which every flash forward story really is. I mean, are we also ignoring the fact Penguin clearly has two eyes in both the flashback and flash forward?
    I mean, do we really think Penguin is going to waddle around with an eyepatch forever ?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I always thought Bendis would be a good fit for Batman. If he were inclined to do a Bat-ongoing, I'd be interested.
    If you care at all about Batman you'd just say no to Bendis.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

I saw the story in the link..

I am surprised that he has guards in his mansion... Maybe because in batman beyond he was alone in that big mansion..

I liked it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-16-2019 at 02:57 AM.