Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Do you guys think Bendis will be a blessing or a curse to Tim Drake? I had initially thought it would be hugely positive--now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Do you guys think Bendis will be a blessing or a curse to Tim Drake? I had initially thought it would be hugely positive--now I'm not so sure.
    What would be the negative? The Wonder Line seems well recieved so far.

It was Tynion who initially excited but ultimately disappointed Tim fans.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    What would be the negative? The Wonder Line seems well recieved so far.

It was Tynion who initially excited but ultimately disappointed Tim fans.
    Why would Tynion disappoint Tim fans? He says he wrote Detective as a "love letter to Tim."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, do we really think Penguin is going to waddle around with an eyepatch forever ?
    A bionic eye, maybe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    A bionic eye, maybe?
    I want five fingers on each hand.

I thought the story had a really interesting premise and setup, but failed due to the current narrative drive that Batman must always come out on top: i.e. shown as superior by making someone else lose. (Also known as the Batgod.)

Instead of showing an understanding between two old adversaries, the Penguin is electroshocked and pulled away by Bruce Wayne's goons for no reason other than claiming he was smarter than Batman. And then Bruce calls it a good visit.

BANNED

Are you kidding me ? after that Daredevil run, i would give Batman to Bendis my eyes closed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Why would Tynion disappoint Tim fans? He says he wrote Detective as a "love letter to Tim."
    I think the biggest problem is that he never got the characters voice. That he didn't really tell us anything about the character and that there was never really any character development because Tim exists on a void right now.

His tec was about batwoman.