Default T-shirts displaying comic book covers

So I was in my local Target superstore today, picking up some diapers and such (my wife and I just welcomed our second child into the world a few days ago), when I stopped by the men's section and saw this tee:

(the original image of the tee doesn't show: it's a charcoal tee displaying 1990's SPIDER-MAN #1 by Todd McFarlane with slightly different coloring than the current image)

I remember buying that comic when it first came out (yep, I'm old). The wave of nostalgia was too overwhelming, plus the $13 price was a bargain, so I bought it today and am wearing it proudly right now.

I want more tees with comic book covers that I bought from my youth.

So, two questions:

1. Where can I find more of these (this was the only such tee in Target)?

2. What comic book cover tees do YOU own (if any)?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 02-15-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Congrats on the new baby. So effin' glad I'm out the diaper business as of last summer. You know they change up the quantities on you if you got time between kids... Big Diaper needs to be taken down... say what.

Oh yea, Target been pushin' them graphic tee's for a couple years now. I been had the Kirby Black Panther issue #2 shirt damn near a year now and have yet to rock it out. I got a couple others too that I got before the Macy's we had went out of business. IDK, I can't buy no 90s comics apparel cause I was buying them books then and I don't wanna ride that wave. They put out plenty of cold older **** though. Prolly check online they might have a whole line much of the stores don't have. The couple Target's I got near me have a pretty stocked selection though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Sometimes Walmart would have t-shirts with reproductions of comic book covers, but the ones by me seem to have drastically cut back on their character t-shirt selection in the stores. (Website may have better choices.) And sometimes Kohls might have them. (Kohls would probably be more ties to movie releases, though.)

Yeah, comicbook covers on t-shirts are cool if the artwork is crisp & retro with Kirby or .25 cent Spiderman comic covers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I've seen a lot pop up in stores in my area. For example, I have a T-Shirt with the cover to Secret Wars #1 and it was the cover that had the members of the FF that were on the original cover. I had seen another T-shirt that used some substitutions for Reed, the Torch and the Thing because of the silly halt on FF merchandise ordered by Ike Perlmutter.

I have another T shirt called Villains United but it was originally Jim Cheung's cover for the first issue of a mini series by Mark Millar called 1985 . It doesn't have the head of the child on it. IIRC it was a wrap around cover with the heroes on the other side.

You can see the Marvel Villains United shirt here I think it only came in black and I can't recall what online store I had ordered it from. Might have been Superhero Stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-20-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I had a blue t-shirt with a reproduction of 1992's X-Men Annual #1 cover (Jim Lee). It was a bit too big, so I primarily slept in it until it finally wore out.

More recently picked up a few of Target's distressed logo tee's (Superman and Flash) that are super comfortable. Target may not have the selection of Graphitti Designs or superherostuff.com, but they also don't have the ridiculous price tags!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Never owned one in my life. The only thing remotely comparable was a Dick Tracy iron-on transfer for my t-shirt that I got from the New York Daily News as a kid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Never owned one in my life. The only thing remotely comparable was a Dick Tracy iron-on transfer for my t-shirt that I got from the New York Daily News as a kid.
    I'm surprised you don't have one. There are lots of cool Batman shirts.

On another note:

Being both a Fantastic Four fan and a Doctor Doom fan, I have always found it easier to find a Doom shirt than it is a Fantastic Four shirt. Probably Silver Surfer too.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm surprised you don't have one. There are lots of cool Batman shirts.
    Now that you mention it, IM, I did have a Batman and Robin one! Not one from a cover, but just them running out of the Bat Cave (front and back - can't find it on the Internet).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?