Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Empty is thy hand!

Looking forward to O'Neil/Epting and Priest/Adams.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Based Fabok is based .

- I feel kind of bad that Huntress and the auxillary Bat-kids are relegated to being next to Batgirl's leg.
    I'm personally really surprised Huntress is there. Not complaining at all, since she's probably my second favorite Batfamily member.

And yes, they aren't in a huge position, but they're still there. And considering my biggest fear was that they wouldn't be there at all (since they're not on any covers - well, Huntress is on the Mico Suayan cover, but it's the Jim Lee version from almost 20 years ago), it's a big "hooray" for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

“Medieval,” by Peter J. Tomasi and Doug Mahnke

Appearing in DC’s comic book continuity for the very first time, a new and mysterious version of the Arkham Knight will be debuting in a story that looks at Batman’s encounters with his villains throughout his career through the Arkham Knight’s eyes—but the Knight’s scheme remains to be seen.
    Interesting. Looking forward to seeing the re-exploration of Batman's entire history. It does seem to suggest that the Arkham Knight is someone who's keenly been watching Batman all along. A fan? A criminal mastermind? Or something else entirely?

“Batman’s Longest Case,” by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo

One of the most popular talent teams in the history of the Dark Knight delivers a tale in which Batman follows clues around the world, leading him back to his home in Gotham City and to a secret organization that has been keeping tabs on him for years.
    Yet another 'secret organization'? Oh well, I'm counting on one hell of a twist here! I kinda like the idea someone suggested of this basically being some kind of fan-club or supporters group for Batman that he never came across before.

“Manufacture for Use,” by Kevin Smith and Jim Lee

The fan-favorite director of Clerks and one of Batman’s most visionary artists present a story that cuts between Batman fighting his greatest villains and his attempts to track down the gun that killed his parents.
    Interesting premise. I know that Joe Chill's gun has appeared before, and we've probably even seen Bruce find it before. Nonetheless, it is an apt story for an anniversary issue and I'm interested to see what Smith does with it.

“The Legend of Knute Brody” by Paul Dini, Dustin Nguyen, Derek Fridolfs and John Kalisz

The villains of Gotham speak, documentary-style, about that one henchman they each hired who was the absolute WORST at his job, constantly screwing up their plans.
    This one's gonna be hilarious!
    “The Batman’s Design” by Warren Ellis and Becky Cloonan

Warren Ellis pens “The Batman’s Design” with Becky Cloonan, the first woman to draw Batman in the main comic series, in a story of Batman pursuing a pack of technologically enhanced mercenaries into a warehouse, where they think they’ve trapped him.
    No real expectations with this one. Curious to see where they go. Could this be where we see Bruce donning a prototype Batman Beyond suit?

“Return to Crime Alley” by Denny O’Neil and Steve Epting

A direct sequel to O’Neil’s classic “There Is No Hope in Crime Alley,” from DETECTIVE COMICS #457, in which Leslie Thompkins takes Batman to task for his addiction to violence, which, in her mind, perpetuates the horror that birthed him.
    Probably the one that intrigues me the most! The original story is one of the earliest Batman comics I read, and also the inspiration for one of my favorite BTAS episodes.

“Heretic” by Christopher Priest and Neal Adams

Two of the biggest powerhouse writers and artists in the comic book industry work together on a story featuring Batman helping a young man escape from Ra’s al Ghul’s League of Assassins— who then turned up in Gotham, dead. Batman travels to Tibet with a message for the League.
    Story doesn't seem anything too special, but I'm looking forward to seeing Batman talk to Ra's.

“I Know” by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev

The creative team behind Scarlet takes a unique future look at Batman and the Penguin. The Penguin comes to an elderly, wheelchair-bound Batman to tell him of the time that he learned Batman was Bruce Wayne—and to explain why he never did anything with that information.
    Intriguing, especially the part about the 'wheelchair-bound Batman'. Does this imply Bruce is still fighting the good fight with an exoskeleton perhaps?

“The Last Crime in Gotham” by Geoff Johns and Kelley Jones

Superstar writer Geoff Johns and famed artist Kelley Jones tell a future story where the future family of Batman and Catwoman face off in a battle with the family of The Joker and Harley Quinn.
    Guess the Batman-Catwoman pairing just can't be kept down! Intriguied that we're seeing a future where Harley is back with the Joker...given the current thrust to make her a hero.

“The Precedent” by James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez

The team of James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez return to Detective Comics after their highly successful Rebirth run, in a story of the night Bruce Wayne made the decision to bring Dick Grayson into his dark world, ending with the classic candlelight oath.
    Interesting. We haven't really seen Dick Grayson's origin story in Rebirth, to my knowledge. I guess this will be about giving us a justification for Bruce letting a kid become a vigilante. The candlelight oath thing is particularly intriguing, since I don't think its an aspect of Dick's origin that has been seen in a long time.

“Batman’s Greatest Case” by Tom King, Tony Daniel and Joëlle Jones

"Groundbreaking" Batman writer Tom King is joined by Tony Daniel and Joëlle Jones, who share artistic duties on the story. Presented using parallel story threads, Bruce Wayne visits his parents’ grave while Batman assembles his entire coalition of allies around him.
    No anniversary issue is complete without a visit to the graves of Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    My complaint about There Is No Hope in Crime Alley is Alfred not knowing the significance of the date as to where Bruce goes. Alfred should be aware of that.
    Well, to be fair, There Is No Hope in Crime Alley was a Pre-Crisis story. Back then, Alfred wasn't Bruce's surrogate father - 'just' his faithful butler. In the story itself he mentions that Dick is closer to Bruce than he is.

Leslie Thompkins in this story had no prior connection to Bruce or to the Wayne family either.

It'll be interesting to see which continuity the sequel will be set in. Contemporary Rebirth continuity, or Pre-Crisis continuity?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Well, to be fair, There Is No Hope in Crime Alley was a Pre-Crisis story. Back then, Alfred wasn't Bruce's surrogate father - 'just' his faithful butler. In the story itself he mentions that Dick is closer to Bruce than he is.

Leslie Thompkins in this story had no prior connection to Bruce or to the Wayne family either.

It'll be interesting to see which continuity the sequel will be set in. Contemporary Rebirth continuity, or Pre-Crisis continuity?
    Ah, that I didn't know about Alfred. Thank you.

BANNED

Nice to see Bruce and Selina's potential happiness is still under consideration at DC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Ah, that I didn't know about Alfred. Thank you.
    Yeah. The retcon that Alfred raised Bruce and is basically his surrogate father is probably DC's greatest retcon ever. So ubiquitous has it become, that most people can scarecely contemplate a reality where Alfred only met Bruce long after he and Dick were already established as the Dynamic Duo. Yet, that was the case for the vast majority of Batman's publishing history!

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I hope Pre-Crisis if only because I don't want to see young lady Leslie again .

Dini's story sounds awesome. Tynion and Denny have my attention. Both of those could be good.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Nice to see Bruce and Selina's potential happiness is still under consideration at DC.
    DC's gotta keep it alive long enough to do Knightfall 3.0 where Bane breaks the cat to break the bat.

Dini/Nguyen duo interests me the most, their run on Batman is one of my faves.

I'm honestly surprised Tynion's story is about Dick and not Tim.

Having a favourite character doesn't mean the writers are incapable of caring and writing other characters.

It's a big anniversary of Tec and Dick's introduction was a pivotal moment of its history. So, it's make sense for Tynion to write about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Having a favourite character doesn't mean the writers are incapable of caring and writing other characters.

It's a big anniversary of Tec and Dick's introduction was a pivotal moment of its history. So, it's make sense for Tynion to write about it.
    It is more like out of all the writers listed that are doing a Dick story he would have been one of the ones I least would have bet on.

Incredible Member

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...g?v=1550854927

newbury comics exclusive Tec 1000 by patrick gleason. Batman with Nightwing,RH,Robin(Tim) and Robin(Damian) with Titus.

This is the first variant I've ever ordered. The cover is the perfect Batfam I wanted.