Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Huh I didn't think about that. That's pretty cool. Allows Scott and Logan to have their reunions with their old teams and let Dani lead the X-Men during WotR. I dig it
    It also makes sense since Dani is an asgard expert as an ex valkiriye

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Was I the only one that shipped Tyke and Ms. Marvel?
    Why tho?

10 char
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why tho?

10 char
    The two of them had more in common between them that there was between Tyke and Jeen.

Extraordinary Member

The two of them had more in common between them that there was between Tyke and Jeen.
    I'm not sure about that. But they did have a bit of chemistry and they respected each other as friends and a team. They didn't have the drama Scott has with Jean or the X-Men.

That's sort of why people like Scott with the Champions so much; he can just be a superhero and have fun doing it. There's no debate on if he's Hitler or not, he's a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not sure about that. But they did have a bit of chemistry and they respected each other as friends and a team. They didn't have the drama Scott has with Jean or the X-Men.

That's sort of why people like Scott with the Champions so much; he can just be a superhero and have fun doing it. There's no debate on if he's Hitler or not, he's a hero.
    It's also why people prefer Beast with the Avengers.

It’s funny, because I think Champions invoked the Hitler comparison first. Still, I think you’re right about the appeal of having Tyke in the Champions as opposed to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It also makes sense since Dani is an asgard expert as an ex valkiriye
    Ex? She still has those powers doesn't she? Which she needs, considering she's an M Day victim whose X gene was never reactivated.

Yeah, Scott was really close to Kamala, and when he quit, she's the only one he told personally. He couldn't face telling the team he was leaving, so he confided in his best friend on the team, leaving her to tell the others. Not wanting to leave the team short of firepower, he made sure a replacement (which turned out to be both Ironheart and Unstoppable Wasp) was recruited first. Being with the team was a way for him to unwind, away from the whole terrigen mist worry and mutant politics. He would've probably left a bit later if the creative team hadn't changed, it would've been fine for him to stick around for another six months or so, as it turned out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This has the potential to be either very bad or truly terrible.

They're REALLY reinforcing that this is Tyke 2.NO.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This has the potential to be either very bad or truly terrible.

They're REALLY reinforcing that this is Tyke 2.NO.
    Lol, not much wiggle room.

Extraordinary Member

It's also why people prefer Beast with the Avengers.
    Exactly! Though it's honestly a bit better for some of us since the Champions can't fix every problem, while Beast could have done a lot more between the two most powerful teams in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It’s funny, because I think Champions invoked the Hitler comparison first. Still, I think you’re right about the appeal of having Tyke in the Champions as opposed to the X-Men.
    Waid may have made the Hitler comparison, but everyone else was already acting like it.

Waid may have made the Hitler comparison, but everyone else was already acting like it.
    Yeah, that's true. Figures that the team that has light-hearted adventures and good friendships with Tyke got dropped while he languished in the X-books.

Actually, doesn't it seem that there are a few X-characters that are better treated outside of the X-books?

Like I said, the creative team change was to blame for that. Waid and Zub were working together on Avengers No Surrender, so they had plenty of opportunity to discuss the handover. Knowing that the X office had plans to remove the teenage O5 from 616, Zub probably felt there was no point keeping Cyclops around, so Waid wrote him out in his last issue. Had Waid stayed on the book longer, Cyclops would've probably been there for another trade or two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Figures that the team that has light-hearted adventures and good friendships with Tyke got dropped while he languished in the X-books.

Actually, doesn't it seem that there are a few X-characters that are better treated outside of the X-books?
    Beast, Rogue, Hellion, X-23, Prodigy, everyone else...

I think the X-Men are like a family and sometimes families are toxic cesspits.

Beast, Rogue, Hellion, X-23, Prodigy, everyone else...

I think the X-Men are like a family and sometimes families are toxic cesspits.
    Every day with the X-Men is like a bad Thanksgiving. It's no wonder members lighten up when given a chance to take a break for a bit.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

I like it, i'm down for this.