Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's probably just one issue, but we could always ask for more.
    Tyke's connection to the Champions is about the only thing worth keeping from his character and continuity, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out with all of the background noise.

BANNED

And something of value was kept

I hate how inconsistently Scott's build is depicted but I love that Waid isn't writing this. For some reason Scott always turns into a string bean in Champions. I suspect it's to complement KK. I'm looking forward to this, somehow, despite how not interested in war of the line-wide crossovers I am.

The one good thing that came from Tyke that is being revisited(farewell space sword...). Let's hope Kamala's Heroism reinspires Scott's cheer.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Okay, I'm just gonna say it - what's up with Ms. Marvel's head/hair?
    It has been... EMBIGGENED!!

Get Scott out of that dated 90s costume dammit! It's like they intentionally want us to think Scott is uncool or somethi- oh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The one good thing that came from Tyke that is being revisited(farewell space sword...). Let's hope Kamala's Heroism reinspires Scott's cheer.
    This would be cute. And maybe a moment for her to think about how she's trying to run the team. Kamala can be a great leader, but she can really be so focued on the end result that she doesn't always think of how she's treating others to get there.

Sort of like Scott at his worst.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It would be cool if we saw, even if only as a small reference, that Scott retained his experience as a swordsman. While I never read Champions, I did find Tyke's interactions with the team light-hearted and fun - definitely qualities that Tyke needed more of (I especially liked Tyke's love of Seinfeld). Friendship and a life outside of the X-Men could've done wonders for Scott.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

LMAO at that cover.

Might as well call the thing "Cyclops' abs and backside. Featuring the Champions."

It would be interesting if Scott adult with all his experience could serve as Clint Barton in West Coast Avengers but more indirectly.

As someone whom Kamala can call to ask his opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

CHAMPIONS #5
    JIM ZUB (W) • JIM CUMMINGS (A)
    - The War of the Realms rages across Midgard, bringing together heroes from across the globe to fight for our world against mythic evil.
    - In the midst of this chaos, the Champions need...Scott Summers?
    - Cyclops reunites with the Champions, all grown up!
    Really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I imagined that this would happen at some point but did not realize it would be so soon.

It must be a very strange experience for both sides Cyclops has the memories of Tyke but they are very different and from what remember Champions considered the adult version of the character a villain or something equivalent to Hitler. Anyway think it will be something interesting despite everything I'm sure Kamala and the others miss their friend.

Well they could change this uniform for something modern.
    That Hitler comment was before Death of X, remember. They didn't know at the time that it was really Emma. After IVX, they'd no longer have that opinion towards adult Cyclops.

Yeah, it will be strange. For the rest of the team, it's been a few months since he left, but for Scott, it's been 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Is this just a single issue tie-in?
    Two issues. Zub's already said the War of the Realms tie-in is issues 5 and 6.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That Hitler comment was before Death of X, remember. They didn't know at the time that it was really Emma. After IVX, they'd no longer have that opinion towards adult Cyclops.

Yeah, it will be strange. For the rest of the team, it's been a few months since he left, but for Scott, it's been 13 years.
    I'm not sure the information about Emma seems to be known to few mutants, humans and heroes.

And the X-men do not seem to have made much effort to redeem his name. If remember correctly Chamber still thinks that Cyclops is responsible for the attack on DoX and can not even remember Tyke talking about Emma with the Champions.

BANNED

Well for the champions Kamala is aware of what Emma did so I'm pretty sure she spread the news to clean Scott name with the rest of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I hate how inconsistently Scott's build is depicted but I love that Waid isn't writing this. For some reason Scott always turns into a string bean in Champions. I suspect it's to complement KK. I'm looking forward to this, somehow, despite how not interested in war of the line-wide crossovers I am.
    Well, to be fair, he was supposed to be a lot younger than usual.

Oh wow an interesting use of Cyclops and acknowledgement of one of Tyke's good aspects! Hope this leads to further good Champions/X-Men ties.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!