Thunder Child

Default Batman Love scene

I may have a false memory. Deep in my mind I think I remember a 60's Batman TV episode where one of the villains ( I think The Joker) was trying to get Batman to make love to a woman (not sure who) or he was going to kill Robin, the villain was going to broadcast the "act" on TV to corrupt America's kids. Of course Batman was able to free Robin and the act never happened. Was this a real episode or was a dream I had...please help me answer the question. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Child View Post
    I may have a false memory. Deep in my mind I think I remember a 60's Batman TV episode where one of the villains ( I think The Joker) was trying to get Batman to make love to a woman (not sure who) or he was going to kill Robin, the villain was going to broadcast the "act" on TV to corrupt America's kids. Of course Batman was able to free Robin and the act never happened. Was this a real episode or was a dream I had...please help me answer the question. Thanks
    If I were to guess... I'd say a dream. It doesn't really fit the campy tone of the series. 'Get married to some woman' maybe... "Take off the cowl for the camera' maybe... but film a sex tape seems a bit over the top. And that says a LOT for a show as over the top as that one :P

BANNED

I think it was one of the first--if not the first--episode. The girl was Jill St John (now Mrs Robert Wagner).

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Child View Post
    I think you are mushing together several Batman episodes that all star Carolyn Jones as Marsha, Queen of Diamonds.

In Marsha's first storyline, "Marsha, Queen of Diamonds" & Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds" (Season 2, eps 23-24), Marsha has her Cupid statue fire a dart at Robin that is laced with a love potion her Aunt Hilda brewed up, which puts Robin under Marsha's mind control. Marsha then blackmails Batman into marriage because she wants to get her hands on the gigantic Bat-Diamond in the Batcave. If Batman doesn't go through with it, she won't release Robin (and her other mind-controlled stooges including Chief O'Hara).

In Marsha's second storyline (Season 2, eps 42-44), the three-part team up with the Penguin, "Penguin Is a Girl's Best Friend," "Penguin Sets a Trend," "Penguin's Disastrous End," Penguin is shooting a movie starring Marsha and when Batman breaks it up, Penguin shows Batman that he has the proper permits. To avoid Penguin's lawsuit, Batman agrees to co-star in the movie with Marsha, which does involve a love scene between the two. The script called for Marsha to be wearing only her diamonds, but Batman cleverly sent the script to Aunt Harriet who just happened to be the head of the Gotham City League of Film Decency. Harriet forces Penguin to cut that scene, but they do a kissing scene with Marsha clothed.

So, blackmailing Batman over Robin's life might come from the first Marsha story, while making love to her came from the second storyline. However, there was no "corrupt America's kids" angle there.

However, there WAS a Joker story that did involve a corrupt kids angle, but NOT forcing Batman to make love to a woman to save Robin. It was in Season 1 eps 15-16, "The Joker Goes to School" & "He Meets His Match, the Grisly Ghoul." In this story, Joker rigs the vending machines in Dick Grayson's high school gym to dispense stocks, bonds, and coins instead of wholesome snacks. It was part of a scheme to tempt the kids. A later trip to the vending machines dispensed the answers to exams as part of a scheme to blackmail the school's basketball team.

As far as the comment above by oasis1313, there WAS a story where the Riddler ALSO got involved with movie making. It was in the first season, but not the first episodes with Jill St. John. It was Season 1 eps 31-32, "Death in Slow Motion" & "The Riddler's False Notion" where the Riddler was shooting a silent movie as part of his dastardly criminal plot, but that did not involve forcing Batman to make love to a woman to save Robin or an attempt to corrupt America's youth.

Anyway, my guess is that it's the Marsha, Queen of Diamonds storylines that you are remembering as the "making love to a woman" thing seems to be the most prominent part of your memory.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-19-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Spectacular Member

In that Penguin episode when Aunt Harriet shows up to protest the "indecent scene" one of the things she says to him is "Think of the children." Penguin responds with "I AM thinking of the children." because Marsha was going to bathe in a tub of milk that was "bursting with vitamins." Didn't phase Aunt Harriet. She answered with, "This scene is bursting with OTHER THINGS as well." One of my favorites scenes from the whole series!