Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 226
  1. #16
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The people who think that aren't paying attention to DC's other products like Black Lightning.
    Wow. You mean there are two black superheroes from DC!?

  2. #17
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Terrific first episode! I'm totally in, loved it
    Although it's so frustrating that here in Europe we can't have DC platform and have to turn to "alternative" methods

    Not really fond to have Cyborg in Doom Patrol, we already have Cliff. I wonder why they suggested to insert Vic here instead of Titans.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 02-19-2019 at 09:42 AM.

  3. #18
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    The new wrinkle they added to Larry Trainor's backstory is a keeper. Can't believe nobody's done this in the comics yet.

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Terrific first episode! I'm totally in, loved it
    Although it's so frustrating that here in Europe we can't have DC platform and have to turn to "alternative" methods

    Not really fond to have Cyborg in Doom Patrol, we already have Cliff. I wonder why they suggested to insert Vic here instead of Titans.
    Maybe he wasn't available at the time due to the Justice League movie. Or perhaps they wanted to introduce him in a different way before having him join the Titans. He's neither a Titan nor a Leaguer on YJ either.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    We will see more of their reasoning when Cyborg actually shows, up but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that he's a "freak" but still functional and not so mopey. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a lot more well-adjusted than the others.

  6. #21
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,743

    Default

    Brendan Fraser knocked it out of the Park for me. I love this show.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I remember Tempest from Kuppenberg's run. He isn't "blessed with suck" enough for the Doom Patrol. (I spend way too much time on TVTropes haha) What if Jeremy Carver, the show's EP added him on his own? Not everything is always forced on Executive Producers. Maybe he just fits the narrative of want they want to do. Not everything is an agenda.
    They could do 'creative liberties' like they did to Robotman's and Negative Man's histories. Have Tempest/Joshua Clay be a homeless former solider suffering from PTSD, but that's my small weird opinion.

    However there is also Garth/Tempest, so maybe they didn't want confusion .

  8. #23
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    They could do 'creative liberties' like they did to Robotman's and Negative Man's histories. Have Tempest/Joshua Clay be a homeless former solider suffering from PTSD, but that's my small weird opinion.
    That was my thinking, too. PTSD vet with powers he can't control. Maybe it wouldn't fit the "delightfully sad" vibe they're going for to have something as heavy as real war. You'll notice the particulars of Crazy Jane's origin haven't really been touched either, which is real sad.

  9. #24
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was my thinking, too. PTSD vet with powers he can't control. Maybe it wouldn't fit the "delightfully sad" vibe they're going for to have something as heavy as real war. You'll notice the particulars of Crazy Jane's origin haven't really been touched either, which is real sad.
    Cool and thank you.

    In the comic books, didn't Crazy Jane's powers originated with the Dominators? Oh, yeah, they could work around the aliens . . . never mind.

    Well, there are still more episodes to come, right?

  10. #25
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Cool and thank you.

    In the comic books, didn't Crazy Jane's powers originated with the Dominators? Oh, yeah, they could work around the aliens . . . never mind.
    I was referring to Crazy Jane being a victim of sexual abuse, not the Dominators, who wouldn't be out of place at all on a show this nuts.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    I wouldn't doubt that they'll go there with Jane, but it might be too much for the first episode. And it made sense that they'd explore the older characters first - the ones we saw in "Titans."

  12. #27
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was referring to Crazy Jane being a victim of sexual abuse, not the Dominators, who wouldn't be out of place at all on a show this nuts.
    Oops! Sorry for my misinterpretation.

  13. #28
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Wow was episode 2 good! It’s so weird and engaging. I’m digging all the characters on this show. Nice that we got to learn a lot of interesting things about Vic and Jane. Jane’s abilities are wild. Nobody narrating is hilarious. Excellent series so far.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    this is best cyborg i have ever seen

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this is best cyborg i have ever seen
    Heís definitely the most level headed of this bunch; I sort of skipped through this one, so iím Not sure what the deal is with vicís Dad; he could be as annoying and manipulative as the chief is. Rita and Larry are continuing to interest me, but iím Still having a problem with robot man. And iím Tired of all the cursing. It really distracts me from the plot when the characters are constantly dropping f-bombs all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •