Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 221
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I really do hope the comics take some things from the show and implement them, specifically Larry's story arc. This show is definitely doing wonders for the Doom Patrol! I defintely see alot of new fans being made because it's such a quality show, myself included.
    If they do decide to adapt Larry's arc, I hope they don't just copy what was on the show. That story made sense since this is the first season and this is how we're finding out about Larry and his origin. Comic book Larry has been around for decades already - finding out now that he had a wife and family just to match the tv show doesn't feel right to me. If they decide that Larry's a closeted man, that's fine with me but I'd rather they craft a story that better suits the character as he is in the comics.

  2. #62
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Because i’ve been to the desert on a horse with no name
    Pure gold!

  3. #63

    Default

    This show is turning out to be something really great. If one of the side benefits of the over-saturation of superheroes in pop culture now is that we get to have goofy as **** shows like this and Legends of Tomorrow, then I say bring it on.

    If only Titans had a tenth of the self-awareness and humor that this show has, it would be so much better.

  4. #64
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This show is turning out to be something really great. If one of the side benefits of the over-saturation of superheroes in pop culture now is that we get to have goofy as **** shows like this and Legends of Tomorrow, then I say bring it on.

    If only Titans had a tenth of the self-awareness and humor that this show has, it would be so much better.
    And if the writing, directing, acting, editing, lighting and literally every other aspect of filmmaking was at-least decent in Titans then that would mean something. Titans needs more than just humor and self-awareness. It needs a complete overhaul.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    And if the writing, directing, acting, editing, lighting and literally every other aspect of filmmaking was at-least decent in Titans then that would mean something. Titans needs more than just humor and self-awareness. It needs a complete overhaul.
    I don't think it's quite that bad. The actors they've got are solid and the shows are generally well put together, but the tone was so ridiculously self-serious that the show never clicked for me the way Doom Patrol is.

  6. #66
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think it's quite that bad. The actors they've got are solid and the shows are generally well put together, but the tone was so ridiculously self-serious that the show never clicked for me the way Doom Patrol is.
    It's pretty bad.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  7. #67
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Titans is fine as is. Hell it has even has great reviews too. I only see this sentiments on this forum. You don’t have to put down Titans to uplift Doom Patrol. Makes it seems like you’re overcompensating. Both shows are great.
    Last edited by ross61; 03-14-2019 at 07:52 PM.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Titans is fine as is. Hell it has even has great reviews too. I only see this sentiments on this forum. You don’t have to put down Titans to uplift Doom Patrol. Makes it seems like you’re overcompensating.
    I'm not disparaging anyone who likes Titans. It's just not for me due to the tone. However, given that Doom Patrol is a spinoff of Titans, comparisons between the two are going to be inevitable.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,774

    Default

    I hope Doc Magnus shows up sometime.

    And I hope he's played by Pierce Brosnan... (yes, double the Bond, double the fun)

  10. #70
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    I enjoyed Titans too. At first i was on the fence but after some epidodes i’ve learned to appreciate that show.
    Some episodes and characters are better than others but, all in all, is likeable.
    Bored is right about the tone of the show, it’s maybe a too dark but I don’t mind at the moment.
    For the first time in my life I felt something for Hawk & Dove, loved the Doom Patrol episode and desperately want to see more Donna Troy. Her character seems much closer to my beloved Donna than anything written in comics since damn N52.
    There are some flaws but I like this show, maybe cause I had low expectations. Doom Patrol is better anyway.

  11. #71
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope Doc Magnus shows up sometime.

    And I hope he's played by Pierce Brosnan... (yes, double the Bond, double the fun)
    Wouldn't that be great?

    I have a long list of characters (and places) I want to see in Doom Patrol.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  12. #72
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Titans is fine as is. Hell it has even has great reviews too. I only see this sentiments on this forum. You don’t have to put down Titans to uplift Doom Patrol. Makes it seems like you’re overcompensating. Both shows are great.
    Titans has no real arc or character to it. It's just Dick and co. traveling the country because Raven's poorly put together plot. Her mom was loyal to Trigon so how the hell was she sent away in the first place? Seriously remember how important Dick's partner was? How she barely met him and then died and that was it? There's so much in this show that goes nowhere.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  13. #73
    Inquisitive Dzetoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Titans has no real arc or character to it. It's just Dick and co. traveling the country because Raven's poorly put together plot. Her mom was loyal to Trigon so how the hell was she sent away in the first place? Seriously remember how important Dick's partner was? How she barely met him and then died and that was it? There's so much in this show that goes nowhere.
    Titans had some problems, no doubt. However, it was also the “shake down cruise” for the entire DC Universe project, from production to promotion to distribution. It isn’t at all surprising that there were some rough patches, or that Doom Patrol was able to learn from the Titans experience and avoid some of the obvious issues. I think maybe we should give the Titans team the benefit of the doubt and see if they learn from their experience as they enter the second season.

  14. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,947

    Default

    Wouldn't be a DC thread if we weren't putting down one of their products.

    Any way, I find it amusing that Batman and Mr Nobody both hate rock n roll.

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,700

    Default

    Another solid episode! This show just continues to be amazing. Loved the new personality we got to see of Crazy Jane. Persuasion is a cool power!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •