Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I finally got to watch the pilot and I can’t even express my enjoyment and happiness. Never in a million year did I think the Doom Patrol would be adapted to live action let alone live action done so well. I’ve been a Doom Patrol fanatic for over 20 years and I kinda sorta teared up seeing Robotman and co.’s origins on my tv screen. This team has been a huge part of my nerd life. For years I painstakingly tracked down every issue of Morrison’s run and one of my first tattoos was of Cliff, Larry, and Crazy Jane. The book meant so much to me and Robotman especially has had a special place in my heart among all superheroes. I’m so happy that the DP is finally getting some mainstream recognition. The concept of outcasts and “freaks” overcoming adversity and doing good in the world is timeless and frankly more relevant than ever.

We may actually have Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds to thank for ushering in the rated R superhero genre. I hate when it’s forced but some stories just require the R rating freedom.
    You CANNOT ever imagine what this show brings on the table. The pilot is just the beginning. This is the greatest superhero TV show in history and sure as hell a huge masterpiece.

Guys. Go watch the Finale. You need to watch it.

Please give us a season 2!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I finally got to watch the pilot and I can’t even express my enjoyment and happiness. Never in a million year did I think the Doom Patrol would be adapted to live action let alone live action done so well. I’ve been a Doom Patrol fanatic for over 20 years and I kinda sorta teared up seeing Robotman and co.’s origins on my tv screen. This team has been a huge part of my nerd life. For years I painstakingly tracked down every issue of Morrison’s run and one of my first tattoos was of Cliff, Larry, and Crazy Jane. The book meant so much to me and Robotman especially has had a special place in my heart among all superheroes. I’m so happy that the DP is finally getting some mainstream recognition. The concept of outcasts and “freaks” overcoming adversity and doing good in the world is timeless and frankly more relevant than ever.

We may actually have Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds to thank for ushering in the rated R superhero genre. I hate when it’s forced but some stories just require the R rating freedom.
    Im happy for you man! I look forward to day I can feel that kind of emotion you're feeling with Robotman, with Blue Beetle. Anyway, never was a Doom Patrol fan (didn't have interest in them) but this show made me do a complete 180 and now they're one of my favorite teams in comics!

Trust me when I say the show gets even better. In fact, in my view, the pilot is one of the weaker episodes of the season, and thats saying something because its so good.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Im happy for you man! I look forward to day I can feel that kind of emotion you're feeling with Robotman, with Blue Beetle. Anyway, never was a Doom Patrol fan (didn't have interest in them) but this show made me do a complete 180 and now they're one of my favorite teams in comics!

Trust me when I say the show gets even better. In fact, in my view, the pilot is one of the weaker episodes of the season, and thats saying something because its so good.
    So happy to hear that. I’ve seen clips online and I’ve been so impressed. I really can’t believe Flex Mentallo is being adapted for live action. I think the Doom Patrol are the perfect characters for this time of the superhero boom. They’re different and weird and yet hopeful. It seems like people want new and interesting heroes but not the doom and gloom. The dP is debuting at the perfect time.

Also, I would loose my **** if I ever saw Blue Beetle (Jaime) on the big screen.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-26-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Incredible Member

So happy to hear that. I’ve seen clips online and I’ve been so impressed. I really can’t believe Flex Mentallo is being adapted for live action. I think the Doom Patrol are the perfect characters for this time of the superhero boom. They’re different and weird and yet hopeful. It seems like people want new and interesting heroes but not the doom and gloom. The dP is debuting at the perfect time.

Also, I would loose my **** if I ever saw Blue Beetle (Jaime) on the big screen.
    Two things about this show that I like very much is how developed the "world-building" is, as well as nuanced the characters are. Almost every element on the show is connected to the ongoing story surrounding "The Chief", and the individual members of the DP act like real people. In fact, you could easily take out the superhero stuff, and develop a workable drama about these characters...and it'll still work. Bravo, for putting DP on the streaming service. Hopefully, there will be a season 2 in the future...

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Not totally satisfied by last episode.
    Anyway this is the best Superhero show I've ever seen, do not realise a season 2 would be a crime.

The big finish...

spoilers:

We meet Nile's daughter (who I had already guessed existed... and her identity, also guessed), and we see all the missing puzzle pieces finally come together.
    This episode brings Dorothy home. Can't believe it took me til now to realize who she's named after, but seeing her from behind really did it.
    And we get the 'Painting that ate Paris' but brought down to being the 'Painting that ate Danny'.
    If there's any disappointment for me, it would be that the Painting story only got one episode.

Mr. Nobody and Beard Hunter are dealt with and our team is now free to forge their own future. Except, of course, for their current dilemma.
    If we get a season two, I expect they would be back to normal size rather quickly.
    Come to think of it... it could be a good way to introduce Bumblebee.
    But if Dorothy could enlarge Mr. Whiskers and Ezekiel, I don't think she'd have a problem with getting everyone back to their proper size.

Time to scour the internet in search of Season 2 bread crumbs...
    end of spoilers
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member

I have a feeling if there's a Season Two we may see variations of the following stories.

Mr. Nobody and The Beard Hunter escapes the painting and organizes the Brotherhood of Dada and recruits Animal Vegetable Mineral Man and a few other super powered misfits we haven't seen before.

The Ant Farm is rebuilt and we meet new agents called The Men From NOWHERE led by John "Yankee Doddle" Dandy.

Mr Nobody enacts revenge against The Brotherhood of Evil for throwing him out. We meet Monsieur Mallah and The Brain. Doom Patrol is caught in the crossfire.

Dorothy is kidnapped by Red Jack in a ploy to start a new race of humans.

The main villain of Season Two is Candlemaker and they'll be an epic battle in the last episode where The Brotherhood of Dada teams up with Doom Patrol to stop him.

Those are my predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I have a feeling if there's a Season Two we may see variations of the following stories.

Mr. Nobody and The Beard Hunter escapes the painting and organizes the Brotherhood of Dada and recruits Animal Vegetable Mineral Man and a few other super powered misfits we haven't seen before.

The Ant Farm is rebuilt and we meet new agents called The Men From NOWHERE led by John "Yankee Doddle" Dandy.

Mr Nobody enacts revenge against The Brotherhood of Evil for throwing him out. We meet Monsieur Mallah and The Brain. Doom Patrol is caught in the crossfire.

Dorothy is kidnapped by Red Jack in a ploy to start a new race of humans.

The main villain of Season Two is Candlemaker and they'll be an epic battle in the last episode where The Brotherhood of Dada teams up with Doom Patrol to stop him.

Those are my predictions.
    I like.
    Especially the Ant Farm and Candlemaker ideas.

Here's what I'd like to see:

A team-up with Power Girl.
    In the comics, they ended up crossing paths with both Supergirl and Power Girl. I think when they met up with Power Girl, their earlier Supergirl team-up got retconned post-Crisis to have been with Power Girl instead.

Red Jack abducting Rhea.

Kalki coming for Celsius and her marriage to Niles being revealed to be real.

For new members, either Bumblebee or Casey Brinke. Or even the aforementioned Power Girl if Cyborg doesn't return.

I could see the Doom Patrol taking charge and seeking out the oddities and placing them either in Danny's new place or in training if they need help.
    Joshua's manor could become a real school to keep the main DP manor from getting filled up (and keep the main cast down to a manageable level).

Negative Woman and/or Rebis. Leading to a visit to Sparky's home dimension.

The Brotherhood of Evil: Brain, Mallah, Madame Rouge, Phobia, Houngan, Warp and Plasmus.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Joshua's manor could become a real school to keep the main DP manor from getting filled up (and keep the main cast down to a manageable level).
    This would be a good way to bring in the kids from Arcudi's run.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I like.
    Especially the Ant Farm and Candlemaker ideas.

Here's what I'd like to see:

A team-up with Power Girl.
    In the comics, they ended up crossing paths with both Supergirl and Power Girl. I think when they met up with Power Girl, their earlier Supergirl team-up got retconned post-Crisis to have been with Power Girl instead.

Red Jack abducting Rhea.

Kalki coming for Celsius and her marriage to Niles being revealed to be real.

For new members, either Bumblebee or Casey Brinke. Or even the aforementioned Power Girl if Cyborg doesn't return.

I could see the Doom Patrol taking charge and seeking out the oddities and placing them either in Danny's new place or in training if they need help.

Negative Woman and/or Rebis. Leading to a visit to Sparky's home dimension.

The Brotherhood of Evil: Brain, Mallah, Madame Rouge, Phobia, Houngan, Warp and Plasmus.
    I'm not sure if they have the rights to use Power Girl. That's the thing with some of these shows. I would like to see Casey Brinke but not too soon. Maybe in Season three. I also hope that Elasti Girl figures a way to grow to giant size. I was really hoping we would see that in the Season Finale but it worked out.

Other villains I would like to see are The Scissormen, Codpiece, The Aristocrats and The Shadowy Mr Evans. I do like the idea of the team seeking out new oddities and placing them at Joshua's institution for training.

That way we can see different members from various Doom Patrol runs.

I binge watched this show a couple weeks ago and I loved it. I didn’t know much about the patrol before this show but I laughed and cried especially with Larry’s story, but my favorites are Jane and Rita

If I wanted to read the comics, where should I start? I know DC Universe has a couple of runs.

Morrison's run in the gold standard and what the show is largely based on. Giffen's run is also pretty good, in my opinion, but opinions vary. Other than that there is only a few other runs. Arcuidi's isn't bad, IMO, but Byrne's is garbage. Way's first run is pretty great- it's like bubblegum pop with a bit of an edge. It feels a bit anti-climactic at the end, since it's being continued, though, so fair warning.

The original Arnold Drake/Bruno Premaini run is very good for Silver Age DC but has aged, as something half a century old would. It's still pretty great if you enjoy older comics. I've not read Pollack's run, and i don't believe it's up on DC Universe, so I can't really give an opinion of that one.

BANNED

Just watched the last episode.

Some questions:

1- First continuity error? They performed the experiment on Jane in 1976, not 1977. Or maybe, Agent Charles Forsythe asked for Caulder's consent months later they had performed the procedure on Jane, despite Caulder would haven't approved it yet? If so, Forsythe fooled Caulder in the New Year Eve 1977 sequence...

2- I don't undertstand it. How Mr. Nobody managed to acquire his 4th Wall power back (narration) and how he made Ezekiel and Whiskers "get along" as Dad and son?

3- How did Cliff know that he needed to get inside Ezekiel?

4- What did truly happen at the end? The Negative Spirit created a dimensional barrier...??? And why did it require Larry's radiation to "explode" into the reality? I'm confused as hell. VERY confused.