Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally got to watch 'Paw Patrol'...

Really enjoyable... and really smart writing still.

spoilers:
    So, it turns out Jane is the '70s connection after all... That covers the '50s, '60s, '70s and '80s.
    Oh... heh... and Caulder may be the '40s connection, as seen in 'Puppet Patrol'.
    Interesting idea.

I'm interested in seeing what Nobody will gain from them meeting the 'original' Doom Patrol.
    end of spoilers

Also...

spoilers:
    The part where Jane was mind-controlling the doctor into jabbing his eye with a pen had me cringing.
    I was like... please don't show that. I've made it to the fifth episode and I'm committed to the series, and that would be just a bit more gore than what we've been conditioned to expect from the show. Especially if it was repeated over and over.
    I would've hated to have to stop the show.

I have a mild tolerance for gore. Such as obviously fake stuff in b-movies and such.
    But my roommate has a zero tolerance for it. And I've gotten him into Doom Patrol.
    Not sure if the Cyborg scene where his dad ripped his limbs off bothered him, or the scene where Cliff went berserk... He didn't say.
    It's likely that he overlooked them because the show is good and they really didn't exploit the gore in those scenes.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-16-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.