Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    SPOILERS for "Cyborg Patrol"
    So yeah .... Cyborg. What a mindfuck. From other reactions to previous eps, it certainly seemed so easy for us to imagine that Vic's dad had bad intentions and was somehow manipulating, if not outright programming, him. Vic bought it, and so did we. Mr Nobody is in our heads and shows us how easy it was to manipulate us into not trusting Silas. He is the narrator, after all - we see what he wants us to.

I was surprised we didn't see Vic's next door neighbor after the doors opened, but I guess he wasn't that important. Interesting that Larry remained conscious despite being separated from the Neg Spirit. I wonder why that would be in this case? Glad to see Rita use her powers, though she still has a ton of untapped potential for offense that she seems to not want to explore.

Butts.
    Spoilers...

spoilers:
    It appears that the neighbor was Flex Mentallo.
    end of spoilers

Oh and...

spoilers:

Loved the Star Wars, Ghostbusters and Resevoir Dogs references.

It appears that Larry and the Negative Spirit can be separated longer than 60 seconds, and it's possible that after long periods away Larry could lose the protection that keeps him alive.

Rita riding inside Cliff came as a surprise, because she hasn't learned how to shrink or grow, yet. So the thought didn't occur to me.

I knew there was a reason for the Karen episode beyond setting up Jane's underground adventure. It was so this could happen. Nice!
    Didn't see that coming, either.

Vic... Not sure what to think anymore. I was convinced that Silas caused the accident that killed Vic's mom and then covered it up by using faked footage.
    Then when Silas repeated everything Vic said in his hero speech to Nobody it made me think that Vic was saying it because it was programmed into him by Silas.
    I still don't think Silas was completely trustworthy... but...
    Nobody just did a Grade A old Doom Patrol mindf on Vic that will probably land him in Joshua's Home for the Broken.

Looking forward to Flex next episode.
    I'm thinking he might be the key to defeating Nobody.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-05-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.