Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

It was really throwing me for a loop when Rita was wearing her outfit from the Titans episode and Larry was cooking... Nobody Knows about that show (or continuity) too, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It was really throwing me for a loop when Rita was wearing her outfit from the Titans episode and Larry was cooking... Nobody Knows about that show (or continuity) too, no doubt.
    Hmmm... Maybe the Titans episode was grafted as part of the illusion by Nobody and happens before Niles calls everyone together.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'd think that Nobody is just screwing with us - better way to maintain one's sanity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe the Titans episode was grafted as part of the illusion by Nobody and happens before Niles calls everyone together.
    This is my new canon.

So the Titans episode (KINDA) happened in both the continuities. In the DP continuity it was an illusion.

Good point. It's not just her Titans episode outfit though. That's OG Doom Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Good point. It's not just her Titans episode outfit though. That's OG Doom Patrol.
    Oh, of course - Larry's was straight out of the comics with his uniform too. I was more taken aback at first by the idea they were about to introduce the "Titans" DP team in some way and connect the two shows. I imagine it's more that Nobody is simply aware of that continuity (or other tv show as he'd probably refer to it)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-18-2019 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Oh, of course - Larry's was straight out of the comics with his uniform too.
    His regular Negative Man uniform in the show is Rebis-like.

Since the last episode is titled "Ezekiel Patrol", I'm wondering...

spoilers:
    What about the drawning that the Hangman's Daughter did? Will Cyborg decimate the Doom Patrol as big cliffhanger of Season 1?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-19-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I was a little disappointed when DP betaed so easily Mr Nobody, then these series did it again!
    I can't believe they didn't yet announced a season 2.

Which is the wrong muscle Flex used?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Since the last episode is titled "Ezekiel Patrol", I'm wondering...
    .... if they're going to end up in a giant loaf of bread that has seeds and whole grains in it? Yeah, no doubt.

Mr. Whiskers better be in the finale.

BANNED

Jesus Christ............ the ending of the episode 14................ OHHHHHHHHH I wasn't seeing that coming at all. I didn't believe they would ever go that path. Jesus Christ!

I finally got to watch the pilot and I can’t even express my enjoyment and happiness. Never in a million year did I think the Doom Patrol would be adapted to live action let alone live action done so well. I’ve been a Doom Patrol fanatic for over 20 years and I kinda sorta teared up seeing Robotman and co.’s origins on my tv screen. This team has been a huge part of my nerd life. For years I painstakingly tracked down every issue of Morrison’s run and one of my first tattoos was of Cliff, Larry, and Crazy Jane. The book meant so much to me and Robotman especially has had a special place in my heart among all superheroes. I’m so happy that the DP is finally getting some mainstream recognition. The concept of outcasts and “freaks” overcoming adversity and doing good in the world is timeless and frankly more relevant than ever.

We may actually have Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds to thank for ushering in the rated R superhero genre. I hate when it’s forced but some stories just require the R rating freedom.

I am happy for you, Robotman and I have to tell you - it only gets better and better after the pilot.

I’m excited to binge this next week.