Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Now, I have a very important question about Episode 10:

At the very end, does Mr. Nobody imply that:

1- Niles created the Doom Patrol to defend Oyewah or defend his secrets, so they are "Caulder's pawns" and they are totally expendables to Niles?

OR

2- Niles created the Doom Patrol to save the world, but Oyewah is more important than them, and he's not going to reveal her location?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Now, I have a very important question about Episode 10:

At the very end, does Mr. Nobody imply that:

1- Niles created the Doom Patrol to defend Oyewah or defend his secrets, so they are "Caulder's pawns" and they are totally expendables to Niles?

OR

2- Niles created the Doom Patrol to save the world, but Oyewah is more important than them, and he's not going to reveal her location?
    I took it to be more to be #2 than #1, but who knows? It's probably somewhere in the middle...

I agree with j9ac9k.

I think originally, Niles wanted to protect Oyewah, and the girl may have gotten pregnant with his child (Dorothy, maybe..?).
    But then in light of his fascination and love for the strange and unusual, he might've just wanted to protect all oddities after the Bureau changed their stance (according to his speech to the Bureau, where he suggested they were the enemy but they were unaware of what he meant).

But with the talk to Nobody, he values his loyalty to Oyewah a lot more than the Doom Patrol.
    Maybe because she, and her history, is more important than them.
    Even more important if she's the cause of his immortality.
    Especially more important if she had his child.

Matter of fact, his stance on Oyewah and her culture and the Doom Patrol kinda parallels the stance they made when the Doom Patrol were originally killed in the comics.
    The village was deemed more important and they sacrificed themselves to save them.
    In this case, 'the village' is given more importance by Oyewah's history and the secrets she holds, despite only being one person (but maybe two?).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Keep in mind also that Niles is talking to his arch-nemesis. He was likely not being totally honest about his feelings - you never know with the Chief, even when talking to his own team, so why take him at face value when talking to his foe? (I'm actually beginning to wonder if Caulder didn't actually die in the cave at some point and we've just been seeing a creation of Oyewah's (or Dorothy's) this whole time...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-29-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I agree with j9ac9k.

I think originally, Niles wanted to protect Oyewah, and the girl may have gotten pregnant with his child (Dorothy, maybe..?).
    But then in light of his fascination and love for the strange and unusual, he might've just wanted to protect all oddities after the Bureau changed their stance (according to his speech to the Bureau, where he suggested they were the enemy but they were unaware of what he meant).

But with the talk to Nobody, he values his loyalty to Oyewah a lot more than the Doom Patrol.
    Maybe because she, and her history, is more important than them.
    Even more important if she's the cause of his immortality.
    Especially more important if she had his child.

Matter of fact, his stance on Oyewah and her culture and the Doom Patrol kinda parallels the stance they made when the Doom Patrol were originally killed in the comics.
    The village was deemed more important and they sacrificed themselves to save them.
    In this case, 'the village' is given more importance by Oyewah's history and the secrets she holds, despite only being one person (but maybe two?).
    Dangit, that was my Theory. Doesn't that wolf thing look like the Candlemaker?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Keep in mind also that Niles is talking to his arch-nemesis. He was likely not being totally honest about his feelings - you never know with the Chief, even when talking to his own team, so why take him at face value when talking to his foe? (I'm actually beginning to wonder if Caulder didn't actually die in the cave at some point and we've just been seeing a creation of Oyewah's (or Dorothy's) this whole time...)
    Was the "Wendigo" creature supposed to be Oyewah's creation made through the use of her Dorothy-like power? This is fascinating.

I agree, Lee.

BANNED

Question:

When Robotman was "activated" in 1995, he claimed that he has been out for 7 years. Now, in 2019, he claims that he hasn't seen her daughter for 30 years. So when did he lost his human body? 1988 or 1989?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Question:

When Robotman was "activated" in 1995, he claimed that he has been out for 7 years. Now, in 2019, he claims that he hasn't seen her daughter for 30 years. So when did he lost his human body? 1988 or 1989?
    He might've been rounding off to 30, instead of just saying 31. It's just a more natural way of talking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    He might've been rounding off to 30, instead of just saying 31. It's just a more natural way of talking.
    Yeah, sounds plausible.

I would love to see another episode dedicated to Oyewah and Caulder's secret origins.

LMAO what about the Doom Patrol refusing the name "Doom Patrol" - well, at least Robotman and Elasti-Woman.

Is anyone else hoping Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man ends up on the team next season? (if the Runaways can have a full dinosaur, surely DCU can afford a dino head...)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is anyone else hoping Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man ends up on the team next season? (if the Runaways can have a full dinosaur, surely DCU can afford a dino head...)
    LMAO, or the Brotherhood of Dada? I would love to see The Quitz.

By the way, there's an angle of Negative Spirit's powers that doesn't quite convince me:

How did the Spirit connect Larry and John Bowers if he was busy with connecting Robotman and Crazy Jane? How does the Dreamscape work? It seems to me a bit far-fetched, even by superhero logic standards... or not?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Just watched the first episode enjoyed it. Going to have a nice sitdown and watch the others.

SPOILERS for "Cyborg Patrol"
    So yeah .... Cyborg. What a mindfuck. From other reactions to previous eps, it certainly seemed so easy for us to imagine that Vic's dad had bad intentions and was somehow manipulating, if not outright programming, him. Vic bought it, and so did we. Mr Nobody is in our heads and shows us how easy it was to manipulate us into not trusting Silas. He is the narrator, after all - we see what he wants us to.

I was surprised we didn't see Vic's next door neighbor after the doors opened, but I guess he wasn't that important. Interesting that Larry remained conscious despite being separated from the Neg Spirit. I wonder why that would be in this case? Glad to see Rita use her powers, though she still has a ton of untapped potential for offense that she seems to not want to explore.

Butts.

Best show DC has ever produced! And it isn't even close!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!