Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    You didn't understand my point. It's a fixed timeline, and Mr. Nobody and "Dr. Harrison" 's relationship in 1977 is a predestination paradox.
    Baphomet (the oracle) did NOT detect the Book of the Recreator at first because some magic barrier or "fail safety". Mr. Nobody did NOT alter the past, he was always part of it --- like "12 Monkeys", Terminator 1 and so on...

The reason is simple: we see Old Beverly (the woman with the healthy air mask) aknowledging the situation some time before Caulder and Mr. Nobody would devise the "time traveling plan" in the white dimension.
    No, I understand the "fixed timeline" part. The De-creator Event HAD to occur, so no one could interfere with it. That was was the "fixed" event. I'm just saying that Nobody added an addendum that would not create a paradox, which is why the Oracle initially did not know what Caulder was talking about.

Incredible Member

Yes, but I think that they will play with time travel again via Crazy Jane and one of her personalities. So basically, I think the Doom Patrol timeline is a fixed one. That would make time travel in the show more easy to handle... everytime they go back in past, nothing changes, because they always interacted with the past.

That would also explain why Jane has not aged at all. She travels back and forth in time. So she jumped from 1978 or so to 1990s and then 2019.

If that would be the case, then the Doom Patrol is doomed. Mr. Nobody could travel back in time and stop the "incidents" which gave them the powers from ever happening.
    One, Jane doesn't age because of her powers, not because of time travel. Two, Nobody is a complete jerk who knows he could kill the Doom Patrol, but doesn't because he rather make Niles Caulder suffer for "reasons".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    No, I understand the "fixed timeline" part. The De-creator Event HAD to occur, so no one could interfere with it. That was was the "fixed" event. I'm just saying that Nobody added an addendum that would not create a paradox, which is why the Oracle initially did not know what Caulder was talking about.
    Well, I'm compiling a very detailed DP timeline which I will display on a brand new DP website.
    Could you check these two points for me?

1- What did Old Beverly do at the very beginning of the episode 5, when everyone was watching the Decreator in the sky? That is the whole basis for my time travel theory, in truth.
    Later, we see her in the Nurnheim world, this meaning that she traveled from America to Spain in one day in order to find the priest LMAO.

2- Do you remember the name of the experimental aircraft that Larry piloted? It was "X" something or so.

Thank you so much.

BANNED

One, Jane doesn't age because of her powers, not because of time travel.
    Well, I guess that they assumed that she traveled back in time in episode 6, that's why the original Doom Patrol was young? They didn't know it was an illusion.
    So maybe. that's part of her powers range after all (still unused).

Incredible Member

Well, I'm compiling a very detailed DP timeline which I will display on a brand new DP website.
    Could you check these two points for me?

1- What did Old Beverly do at the very beginning of the episode 5, when everyone was watching the Decreator in the sky? That is the whole basis for my time travel theory, in truth.
    Later, we see her in the Nurnheim world, this meaning that she traveled from America to Spain in one day in order to find the priest LMAO.

2- Do you remember the name of the experimental aircraft that Larry piloted? It was "X" something or so.

Thank you so much.
    1. Forgot about Old Beverly (the older lady who immediately went to Spain, after the De-Creator began to enact his judgment). Now that I think about it, I can see why you made the points you did. Sorry about that. Go ahead with your action plan. Timey-Whimey stuff can be a bit loopy at times. ;-)

2. The X-15 Rocket Plane.

Dr Harrison is the first Way-era bit of Doom Patrol lore to make it onto the show correct?

(I'm not a Doom Patrol scholar...I mean I know a bit about all the eras but haven't read a huge amount of them, especially the original run. Googling a bit after that episode, and thinking that the Doctor was one of Jane's more interesting selves, led me to the realization that Harrison was not a Morrison persona.)

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Dr Harrison is the first Way-era bit of Doom Patrol lore to make it onto the show correct?

(I'm not a Doom Patrol scholar...I mean I know a bit about all the eras but haven't read a huge amount of them, especially the original run. Googling a bit after that episode, and thinking that the Doctor was one of Jane's more interesting selves, led me to the realization that Harrison was not a Morrison persona.)
    If that's not the case, I can't ever remember something that points to it.

While it seems like there are some personalities that were never pinned down, it doesn't seem like any of them seemed like they could eventually wind up being Dr. Harrison.

The DC Wiki mentions that in Way's Doom Patrol, "This experience further traumatized Jane and summoned a new persona named Dr. Harrison, who then became the new dominant personality."
    So, I believe she is from Way's run.

And she still has quite a few personalities still unrevealed.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

1. Forgot about Old Beverly (the older lady who immediately went to Spain, after the De-Creator began to enact his judgment). Now that I think about it, I can see why you made the points you did. Sorry about that. Go ahead with your action plan. Timey-Whimey stuff can be a bit loopy at times. ;-)

2. The X-15 Rocket Plane.
    1- LOL we're all a bit loopy at times. Yeah, that's my point. She was already the leader of the Cult of the Recreator some time before Caulder and Mr. Nobody would devise the time travel plan. Having a fixed timeline will even help future missions, because that means that the Doom Patrol or whoever will travel back in time is already part of history. Good.

2- Thank you so much! Updating my timeline right now.

BANNED

Wondering when they will start to call themselves "Doom Patrol" and when Larry and Rita will adopt their famous codenames...

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Admiral Whiskers is so fun.
    Another great episode, love all characters

Is someone going to tell me it's better than Titans?
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    Probably most of the people will tell ya is much better than Titans.
    Personally I’m lovin it, but I found a way to love Titans too.

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I'm pretty sure.
    Titans may be good (or at least decent, depending on who you ask), DP has been really good and has been generating more buzz.

With both Titans and Umbrella Academy (which one reviewer reviewed alongside Doom Patrol and gave DP higher marks) getting season 2 deals, I'd say Doom Patrol's chances at getting renewed are at about 100%.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'd say that its highs are not as high as Titans but its lows are not nearly as low either.