Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Chameleon Appreciation (2019)

from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 (1964)

First appearance:
    Amazing Spider-Man #1 (March 1963)

how old is this guy supposed to be at this point, if he grew up with Kraven? And supposedly, Kraven's potions helped kept him in shape?

from
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update '89 No. 1 (July 1989):

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I grew reading stories during the era when Chameleon was a sneaky wanna be crimelord, manipulating Hammerhead, Maggia and other supervillain into toppling the Kingpin as the top crime boss of NY, so that's my favorite version of Chameleon. I hated when they connected him with Kraven or made him insane.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I grew reading stories during the era when Chameleon was a sneaky wanna be crimelord, manipulating Hammerhead, Maggia and other supervillain into toppling the Kingpin as the top crime boss of NY, so that's my favorite version of Chameleon. I hated when they connected him with Kraven or made him insane.
    The connection with Kraven actually dates back to Amazing Spider-Man #15 (August 1964), which was Kraven's first appearance:

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Here, Kraven was a hired hunter to stop Spidey, but i hated that him and Chameleon became relatives and Chameleon being a looney.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius