Wink In Your Hypothetical Superman Spread

If you’ve been living under a rock for the past year or so you might not know that we are rapidly approaching Detective 1000. Jason Fabok recently completed an absolutely stunning image of what the Batverse looks like in the modern day.
    3CD7B12F-1A8E-4BC7-B2E0-89DB34EBF0BA.jpg

Hot damn does this look good. I’m pretty jealous I have to admit. Now my memory may be shot but I don’t think Supes got a spread like this. So I wanted to ask that if you could design a spread to showcase the most important Superverse characters for the modern era:
    1. Who would you have draw the spread?
    2. What fellow heroes, love interests, or supporting cast members would you feature?
    3. What locations would you feature?
    4. What Rogues would show up in your spread?

I counted 27 people in all in the Batman spread, so let’s limit ourselves to that amount for this spread. There were 14 heroes and 13 villains so let’s keep about the same balance here if we can. I see 2 locations Gotham City and Arkham so let’s keep the same limit here.

1. I would have Reis draw this. I love Fabok but he has a very dark and gritty style to him, which works great, but for this spread I want a big bombastic shining heroism and no one does that better than Reis imo.
    2. I would have Superman in the center, and on his left “heroic” side I would have Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Steel (John Henry Irons), Kenan Kong, Jon Kent, Kon, Kara, Jimmy Olsen, Maggie Sawyer, Melody Moore, Dan Turpin, Natasha Irons, Cat Grant, and Perry White.
    3. Locations would be Metropolis and Stryker’s Island (with a cyberpunk redesign).
    4. For his Rogues I would choose Lex Luthor, Zod, Brainiac, Metallo, Manchester Black, Parasite, Livewire, Red Cloud, Nimrod, Doomsday, Blanque, Conduit, and Vyndykx
    I would have Lex and Lois be direct opposites as the the two most important LL’s in Supes life lol! And yeah I’d choose Vyn over Myx simply because I like Vyn more. Myx is more of a nuisance than a serious threat these days, and I really liked Vyn’s devil role.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-15-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Kon93

Jason fabok needs to be on a super book, he is probably the most consistently awesome artist we have nowadays.

I would love a super universe version of this from him

Closest Superman got to this was maybe Jurgen's or Nicola Scott's covers. I knew the Detective ones would be better!

Yeah, Superman front and center in Catwoman's place. With Lois in Batman's and Luthor in Joker's flanking him. Big ole' S-Shield in the middle there, with his rocket replacing the Batmobile. And Metropolis and the Fortress. That's the easy stuff.

Ma & Pa Kent in for Alfred and Gordon. Jon, Kara, Conner, should fill out the Robins and Batgirl, then Perry, Jimmy, and Lana Lang in there (not as Superwoman). I'd add in Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, and Cosmic Boy. I'd also want Clark Kent in there somewhere too.

Villain side, Luthor's accounted for. So Zod, Brainiac, Mongul, Cyborg, Eradicator, Parasite, Doomsday, Metallo, Darkseid, Manchester Black, Livewire, and Mxy for the heavy hitters.

As for artists? I agree it needs to be big and bright, so maybe like Gary Frank since you already picked Reis. Jim Lee could obviously pull this off. Ryan Sook as well would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    2. I would have Superman in the center, and on his left “heroic” side I would have Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Steel (John Henry Irons), Kenan Kong, Jon Kent, Kon, Kara, Jimmy Olsen, Maggie Sawyer, Melody Moore, Dan Turpin, Natasha Irons, Cat Grant, and Perry White.
    Which Jon, the 10 year old or the 17 year old?

Retired

Personally, I much prefer the commission art pieces for Batman that Dick Sprang did before he passed away. Such as this one:

Curt Swan did these pencils for Superman--the cover art for an unpublished collection, I think--which would have been pretty fantastic if it had been finished and published.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Personally, I much prefer the commission art pieces for Batman that Dick Sprang did before he passed away. Such as this one:

Curt Swan did these pencils for Superman--the cover art for an unpublished collection, I think--which would have been pretty fantastic if it had been finished and published.

Those are gorgeous.