Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default A Thread of Silk: The Silk (Cindy Moon) Appreciation (2019)

NOTE: This thread is to serve as continuation of the previous "A Thread of Silk! / Silk Appreciation Thread", which was begun by billee0918 back in April 2014 and can be found here:

from All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe #1 (2016):

And while she first started to (briefly) appear in the first issue of the Amazing Spider-Man series that began in 2014, it wasn't until issue #4 (July 2014 cover-date) that she actually met up with Peter Parker.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

She's gonna be joining the new Agents of Atlas in War of the Realms, and the book will be written by Greg Pak, who already wrote Silk as a guest star several times in Totally Awesome Hulk. And she's still a presence in Spider-Man/Deadpool, especially the latest issue, spoilers:
    which has her with a new Warlock-style techno-organic right arm, or maybe that right arm is Warlock somehow. Post-apocalyptic future, don't ask.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

She's a cool character with a lot of potential. Hopefully, she gets another solo or team appearance soon.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She's a cool character with a lot of potential. Hopefully, she gets another solo or team appearance soon.
    She will be. In Agents of Atlas coming out in May as a tie-in to the War of the Realms event spinning out of Jason Aaron's Thor and Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I can't stand Silk. Only thing I like is that she ties into Ezekiel Sims. I'm not here to antagonise but to ask why you like her? Might change my POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I can't stand Silk. Only thing I like is that she ties into Ezekiel Sims. I'm not here to antagonise but to ask why you like her? Might change my POV.
    Even without Spider shenanigans, a character who spent many of the most defining years of a person's life in a bunker will always be interesting. Plus, a great design.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

And finally, a place where this link actually belongs (rather than the Peter Thread)

A Touch Of Silk

Summary

Seent in the 616 Continuity before it diverges. What if Peter Parker asked Cindy Moon to stay with him rather than have her leave to start her new life alone? What would change? What would remain the same? How will having someone who can share every aspect of his life effect Peter? Find out in this AU story. Watch as Spider-Man & his new crimefighting partner Silk protect NYC and the World. Will contain eventual Spider-ManxSilk.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13193584/1/

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

oh yeah and silk and peter were hot don't @ me
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

2014 era horny "bride" Cindy is lame. She's long since been redeemed and is more a cutie rookie now

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    oh yeah and silk and peter were hot don't @ me
    I fear noone. The circumstances of their relationship were incredibly gross and not at all wholesome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    2014 era horny "bride" Cindy is lame. She's long since been redeemed and is more a cutie rookie now

I fear noone. The circumstances of their relationship were incredibly gross and not at all wholesome.
    That's a big reason why I have very little time for Silk.

That's a big reason why I have very little time for Silk.
    Trust me, her solo by Robbie Thompson is far, far better and is the number one reason the character even has any fans at all.

is she in the current spiderman cartoon show?

I wonder if she'll be delved into with the live action films at all. Of course, that's seemingly Sony/Columbia's call. We'll see?

BANNED

I think Marvel really dropped the ball on Silk. She has a really intriguing story having been locked up for so long but there was little effort by Marvel to explore the effects that would have on her or even in her search for her parents. To me they rushed her development to where she is almost immediately a seasoned hero recruited by SHIELD. I think the popularity of Spider-Gwen was an unexpected factor that hampered her as well as she was not the only Parker-connected Spider-Female running around but again, Marvel should have had a better plan for her and taken more time in developing the Cindy character instead of rushing the Silk side of things. Just my opinion.

I think Silk is probably the best turn around/redemption of a character I have personally seen in a long time.

Her introduction in Amazing Spider-Man was extremely weak, as a character she just seemed really annoying, was relegated to a plot device regarding the Inheritor situation, and then the less side about the "spider pheromones" the better.

But then Robbie Thompson took her over for the book, and she IMMEDIATELY became so much more likeable. I love that he really delved into the anxiety of the character, how she dealt with coming back into the world after being locked away for so long. Plus she became such a fun and enjoyable character, and very cute too. I'm glad that Thompson and Pak have been getting her involved in their stories at any chance they get.

She's supposedly planned to be in the Spider-Women animated spinoff, and they're developing a live-action Silk film as well, so hopefully they go through to get her more exposure, she deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think Silk is probably the best turn around/redemption of a character I have personally seen in a long time.

Her introduction in Amazing Spider-Man was extremely weak, as a character she just seemed really annoying, was relegated to a plot device regarding the Inheritor situation, and then the less side about the "spider pheromones" the better.

But then Robbie Thompson took her over for the book, and she IMMEDIATELY became so much more likeable. I love that he really delved into the anxiety of the character, how she dealt with coming back into the world after being locked away for so long. Plus she became such a fun and enjoyable character, and very cute too. I'm glad that Thompson and Pak have been getting her involved in their stories at any chance they get.
    Yeah, Silk is probably the biggest example of how much of a difference a new writer can make on a character.

Thompson did an amazing job salvaging the character and making her a likeable and compelling heroine.

Just...don't put her together with Spider-Man. It doesn't end well .
    She's supposedly planned to be in the Spider-Women animated spinoff, and they're developing a live-action Silk film as well, so hopefully they go through to get her more exposure, she deserves it!
    I wish they had Mayday in there, but that will probably be a pretty big boost for Silk's presence and stature if she's actually in the Spider-Women animated movie.