Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    there was little effort by Marvel to explore the effects that would have on her or even in her search for her parents.

She was fully developed as a character and these plots were explored in detail in Robbie Thompson's ongoing Silk solo book. You must have missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    This and Issue 18 are some of my absolute favourite covers ever. Helen Chen is so wonderful, I wish she did more covers or even issues.

Attachment 78630

Helen Chen is to Cindy Moon as Sara Pichelli is to Miles Morales:

She defined the character so beautifully it's hard to see her drawn any other way. A couple of the later artists were also great in their own way...especially Stacy Lee.

I just couldn't help wishing Marvel had been able to keep Helen throughout the entire solo run.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Helen Chen is to Cindy Moon as Sara Pichelli is to Miles Morales:

She defined the character so beautifully it's hard to see her drawn any other way. A couple of the later artists were also great in their own way...especially Stacy Lee.

I just couldn't help wishing Marvel had been able to keep Helen throughout the entire solo run.
    I would argue Stacey Lee is more accurate comparison to Sara Pichelli, since she drew the first arc and defined the overall look for Silk and her whole world, and did such a wonderful job with it.

Helen Chen only ever did the covers, and that was starting in v2, but they were still so wonderfully vibrant and expressive (no surprise she's a Disney animator/storyboard artist).

These are the artists for the book and what issues they did: Stacey Lee (v1 #1-6, v2 #1, 9), Tana Ford (v1 #7, v2 #2-3, 6-8, 10-13, 18-19), Veronica Fish (v2 #4-5), and Irene Strychalski (v2 #14-17).

Fish and Strychalski kept up Lee's style and did a really nice job with their work, Ford I didn't think it was bad, just the way she drew expressions didn't appeal to me as much as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I would argue Stacey Lee is more accurate comparison to Sara Pichelli, since she drew the first arc and defined the overall look for Silk and her whole world, and did such a wonderful job with it.

Helen Chen only ever did the covers, and that was starting in v2, but they were still so wonderfully vibrant and expressive (no surprise she's a Disney animator/storyboard artist).

These are the artists for the book and what issues they did: Stacey Lee (v1 #1-6, v2 #1, 9), Tana Ford (v1 #7, v2 #2-3, 6-8, 10-13, 18-19), Veronica Fish (v2 #4-5), and Irene Strychalski (v2 #14-17).

Fish and Strychalski kept up Lee's style and did a really nice job with their work, Ford I didn't think it was bad, just the way she drew expressions didn't appeal to me as much as the others.
    I think the biggest disservice to the book was losing Stacey Lee as an artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    She was fully developed as a character and these plots were explored in detail in Robbie Thompson's ongoing Silk solo book. You must have missed that.
    Actually I did not...just believe it wasn't as fully developed or in as much detail as you.

Robbie Thompson, writer of Silk and Spider-Man/Deadpool, has gone over to the other side. He's the new co-writer on Teen Titans. Cindy may have just lost one of her greatest champions...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Robbie Thompson, writer of Silk and Spider-Man/Deadpool, has gone over to the other side. He's the new co-writer on Teen Titans. Cindy may have just lost one of her greatest champions...
    Don't think he's gone "exclusive", so I imagine he'll still be taking jobs between the two whenever he's offered, just like people like Tom Taylor and Gail Simone.

It doesn't seem like Marvel has much work for him as of late, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It doesn't seem like Marvel has much work for him as of late, so...
    They're just following the Spider-Man/Deadpool lore, he can't write anymore cause he's in jail in 616 (most of his recent stuff has been Star Wars books anyway)

It is now solely up to Pak to write the adventures of Cindy replacing Amadeus' actual sister. (Let them fight.)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, when I said Thompson was ONE OF her greatest champions, Pak is exactly who else I had in mind.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I’m really not a Slott fan, and I don’t like his other peripheral heroes he introduced in the Spidey book like Alpha. But I appreciate Silk. How many female Asian superheroes are there in the MU? Can’t be a lot. And her series was written quite well. The only thing I didn’t like was that whole hormonal drive that she and Peter had to bang each other. That was kinda gross and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m really not a Slott fan, and I don’t like his other peripheral heroes he introduced in the Spidey book like Alpha. But I appreciate Silk.
    Me too, but thanks to Robbie Thompson.