Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is she in the current spiderman cartoon show?
    No. The cartoon stars Peter, Miles, Gwen, and Anya.

She is in the MCU though (in Spider-Man Homecoming and Avengers Infinity War), albeit without her powers, so her role is very minor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    2014 era horny "bride" Cindy is lame. She's long since been redeemed and is more a cutie rookie now
    Rookie is right. It's telling that instead of ending up on an Avengers team, she became the first person past their teens to join the Champions Reinforcement Roster (and only, so far). Also, it's notable that Spider-Woman and Mockingbird, who are peers of hers, call her "kid", which is due to her inexperience and the fact that being stuck in the bunker means she still acts like a teenager at times.

It was definitely a mistake signing her up to SHIELD, considering that status quo was kaputted by Secret Empire prior to her joining the Spider-Man/Deadpool cast.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rookie is right. It's telling that instead of ending up on an Avengers team, she became the first person past their teens to join the Champions Reinforcement Roster (and only, so far). Also, it's notable that Spider-Woman and Mockingbird, who are peers of hers, call her "kid", which is due to her inexperience and the fact that being stuck in the bunker means she still acts like a teenager at times.

It was definitely a mistake signing her up to SHIELD, considering that status quo was kaputted by Secret Empire prior to her joining the Spider-Man/Deadpool cast.
    That is something that I do think is one of the more interesting things about Cindy as a character, which is despite being a 25ish year old, she's mentally still about 15ish. That was something they explored in Spider-Women as a reason why Gwen and Cindy butted heads a lot.

And that was just due to her book being cancelled so Thompson had to quickly wrap all her storylines up in 2 issues. At least he was able to make some use of her again taking part in Spider-Man/Deadpool.

Fantastic Member

A lot of her peers call her immature, but Cindy is remarkably stable considering she spent the past ten years only having VHS tapes for company. I also never got her and Gwen's feud. Gwen acts pretty damn immature herself, so why does Cindy get on her nerves? There was even a panel where Gwen said 'she didn't want to be like Cindy'. The heck was that about?

Still, I do find Cindy being the lone adult in the Champions pretty fucking funny, especially since given her looks and behavior I doubt the others even realize she's at least 29 by this point. Reminds me of grumpy Uncle Kaine during New Warriord.

Some of my favorite Silk covers:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some of my favorite Silk covers:

This and Issue 18 are some of my absolute favourite covers ever. Helen Chen is so wonderful, I wish she did more covers or even issues.

clean.jpg

from Silk #1 (April 2015):

I guess it's lucky that she's in Agents of Atlas, because Spider-Man/Deadpool is ending. But Cindy will need a new home long term.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I guess it's lucky that she's in Agents of Atlas, because Spider-Man/Deadpool is ending. But Cindy will need a new home long term.
    A new series, I hope. Preferably written by Robbie Thompson or Greg Pak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The story behind Silk's costume change from her original just-webs look, as seen in Amazing Spider-Man #8 (December 2014):

A couple of covers from Spider-Woman during "Spider-Verse":

Spectacular Member

I really hope Cindy shows up in Black Cat's solo. I feel like Silk is one of the characters that Felicia needs to make amends with especially considering how much Cindy was trying to convince Felicia she still had good in her.

I just hope she shows up somewhere, period. We know she'll be in that Agents of Atlas mini at least, but after that, the likeliest places seem to be Black Cat, Champions, Amazing Spider-Man, or Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    I really hope Cindy shows up in Black Cat's solo. I feel like Silk is one of the characters that Felicia needs to make amends with especially considering how much Cindy was trying to convince Felicia she still had good in her.
    I would like to see that, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just hope she shows up somewhere, period....
    As do I.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Docz View Post
    Given that Cindy was one of the few people who felt sympathetic towards Felicia, I’d love to see the 2 develop some sort of a friendship.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-10-2019 at 07:42 AM.