I don't have a problem with on-going series; my favorite comics right now are Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain Marvel. I would also love to have an on-going Ant-Man series.

But with that said, I was thinking about how Marvel has had to cancel a bunch of series and how everyone is saying Marvel is trying different ways to appeal to different audiences, and it seems logical to me that they should release more minis, even though I have seen a lot of people post here that they hate them.

Here's why I think this way:

-The first few issues of runs always seem to get a lot more sales
-Minis create obvious jumping on points for new readers which is way less daunting then researching where to start on something hundreds of issues in
-I feel like I am WAY more likely to keep buying bad/mediocre comics in a mini-series even if the first couple issues aren't great because at least I know there will be a conclusion (e.g. I bought every Ant-Man and the Wasp issue even though I didn't really like it from the 2nd issue on), whereas I will cancel on-goings as soon as I realize I am not enjoying them
-It makes it easier for people to go back and read old series digitally (I haven't gone back on any on-goings on Marvel Unlimited or the digital comic store, it's all been events and short runs)
-They wouldn't have to keep randomly doing fresh starts to spark interest if every story arc is it's own self-contained series
-I am at least a thousand times more likely to read a mini-series about characters I don't know much about (e.g. Sentry, Multiple-Man, etc.)

I am not saying they should stop on-goings if they are selling well, I just think they should release a lot more minis alongside of them for people who are new to comics like me.

What do you guys think? Am I alone here?