Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Wolverine vs. Doctor Octopus

0608BD27-91BD-4F1F-935D-CDD379629928.jpg9B43F816-7264-4387-A6A7-9FB932CCF0D9.jpg

Battle: Wolverine vs. Doctor Octopus (As Doctor Octopus)
    Morality: In-Character

Morality: In-Character
    This is meaningless for either, in this particular fight, by any standard

Anyway, I suppose this comes down to if Ock can pummel Wolverine out via extended arms barrage before Wolverine cuts enough of them up to make that impossible.

What are Octos Arms made out of? At one point I thought he got a adamantium upgrade or something.

If not case Logan wins some by damaging the arms and guts Octo.

But, Ock wins sometimes by pummeling Logan for a 10 count as the arms are crazy/tag Spider Man And hit pretty hard. Should be a 10 count ko style win.

He's only had the adamantium arms for very temporary periods.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Doesn't Ock pretty regularly fight Spider Man? I feel like if he's anything resembling a challenge for Spider Man, he can probably fairly effectively pin and pummel Wolverine.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Doesn't Ock pretty regularly fight Spider Man? I feel like if he's anything resembling a challenge for Spider Man, he can probably fairly effectively pin and pummel Wolverine.
    Yes and Peter has a time getting past those arms. Remember, Octo on general does not control the arms in battle, they do it themselves freeing him up on other things.

And Peter has to dodge those damn things with effort, since the machines are fast thinking and all.

Edit: Phone!!!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm suddenly picturing a Doc Ock who doesn't want to risk damaging his limbs by repeatedly smashing them on Adamantium, just picking up Wolverine by the limbs and vigorously shaking him until he's unconscious.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Mighty Member

the only way I can see Wolverine winning this match-up is if we took the live-action version of Doctor Octopus from the Raimi films versus the regular comic book version of Wolverine. otherwise Logan gets demolished in one of a half-dozen different ways.

Doctor Octopus has arms that move so fast that it required Peter's spider-sense pre-cog to dodge them. not only that, about half the time Peter is on the defensive for the entire fight and then has to run away after sustaining a fair amount of damage. in the first 120 or so issues Otto repeatedly learned from his mistakes and Peter usually couldn't beat him the same way twice. Otto doesn't even have to be able to see Wolverine with his eyes: the arms are able to detect Peter and chase around multiple blind corners at ranges roughly approaching 200-300 ft.

even if this had been the movie version Otto versus movie version Logan the bad doctor would have more than enough speed and strength to rip Wolverine apart, drown him in water, or throw him up against the side of a building and knock him out.

Extraordinary Member

Otto uses the superior reach and speed of his extra arms to pick up Wolverine and choke him out for the victory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yes and Peter has a time getting past those arms. Remember, Octo on general does not control the arms in battle, they do it themselves freeing him up on other things.

And Peter has to dodge those damn things with effort, since the machines are fast thinking and all.

Edit: Phone!!!
    Yeah I'm leaning towards the guy that Spider-Man has to work hard to beat including using his speed to barely get by the arms. Sure, Wolverine could win a couple out of ten but overall, Ock.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How good are Otto's senses? If this was a scenario match, I could see Logan getting in his guard via ninja stealth, but other than that he's better off trying to outsource the fight to Rogue, Storm, Colossus, or one of the myriad telepaths and/or telekinetics in his X-Address-Book.

Or, I guess, call the Avengers mansion and see if Spider-Man is available. Or Thor and Hercules, if he wants to go drinking afterwards.

Otto can just hold off Logan by his wrists and he's done.

Amazing Member

Yeah it seems like Doctor Octopus would have an advantage unless Wolverine was able to attack through the tentacles in time to escape.

Swiss army nerd

How physically strong is Wolverine? And how strong is metal Ock's arms are made of? The strength of adamantium is irrelevant to Wolverine being able to cut through Ock's tentacles if he doesn't have the actual physical strength to do so.

But yeah, Otto gives Peter a tough time, so he should manhandle Wolverine.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    That doesn't really track. The problem Spider-Man has with Otto isn't just speed. Peter is faster than the arms. The issue is reach. Peter can't really damage the arms so he has to get past them to clock Otto. Logan can actually cut through the arms.

The arms thinking for themselves is probably not a good thing here, either. Against Peter they can basically just flail around wildly and it is an effective strategy. Against Logan, not so much.

Basically comes down to "can Ock grab his wrists" which Hey, he quite possibly can. But it's not as simple as comparing their performances against Spider-Man.