Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would say that he doesn't really have to grab Wolverine especially. He has a bunch of tentacles, and they hit pretty hard. A barrage of them smacking into Wolverine should get a 10 count KO. Wolverine's main hope would have to be to cut enough of them for that not to be a thing.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The issue is reach. Peter can't really damage the arms so he has to get past them to clock Otto.
    I don't want to say too much because I only rarely read the comics, and maybe it's really obvious PIS that he can get hits on Spider Man when you have the full scope of continuity considered, but to respond to this: If the arms aren't at least operating in the same ballpark as him speedwise, he should be able to pretty much effortlessly bypass them.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I don't want to say too much because I only rarely read the comics, and maybe it's really obvious PIS that he can get hits on Spider Man when you have the full scope of continuity considered, but to respond to this: If the arms aren't at least operating in the same ballpark as him speedwise, he should be able to pretty much effortlessly bypass them.
    Well he DOES generally bypass them, it just takes some effort. Don't get me wrong, they are plenty fast and Ock could win this. But if this was Pokemon Logan would have a type advantage.

Astonishing Member

I don't see Logan as being fast enough to cut though Ock's tentacles before getting pummeled or choked into unconsciousness.

Mighty Member

If Logan can get close to Octavius' body the latter is a dead man.

Given that the tentacles make Parker sweat blood both via speed and striking power? That is not happening.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Remember the 90s when Otto's arms got crazy long?

Good times.

Arent doc octs arms fast enough to block automatic gun fire?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Arent doc octs arms fast enough to block automatic gun fire?
    They're fast enough to at least block normal gunfire. Which is why it's sensible that they give Peter problems.

When Ock is written as a credible threat, Peter has to work his rear off to get past the arms and land any hits on the good doctor. That's using his speed and Precog, and it's hard enough that I personally don't consider it PIS that the four arms working together, in unison, can hit Peter. They don't often, but they pull it off.

If they can pull off hits against Peter, due to that 'working as a team + bullet-time speed and reflexes', and Ock has knowledge of Logan's adamantium claws (which he does), I don't really see the arms having TOO much of a problem getting grips on Logan in a way he can't shred them (including grabbing his arms, at which point Logan is NEVER getting loose unless Octopus makes a huge error).

Mileage may vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate