Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenlong View Post
    I love that dc has lowered their quantity of comics, which I feel makes them a little more higher quality. Marvel should learn from this, since more doesn't always mean better.
    A fan pointed out elsewhere that just to purchase Marvel's crossover event and tie-ins that were solicited for May, it would cost $110.

I feel like we go through this every other decade. We saw this in the 70s, 90s, and now here we are again.

Kon93

So if they aren't counting the imprints and minis that really isn't much of a drop.

Maybe they think less series will keep fans that are on a comic budget, and also focus the focus on their books, instead of having the eye going in every direction. Maybe they are trying to preserve these characters for the next generation by making sure your choice is more clear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Whelp I guess I can say goodbye to HAWKMAN, and my hopes of a MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS ongoing.
    I'd have no interest in a Mera ongoing if it meant she was separated from Arthur anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I didn't put any faith in these New22 rumors. Looks like I got a bit of egg on my face. I could see how they might decide to do it but I didn't think they would pull the trigger. Of course, I said the same thing about rebooting back in 2011, so I guess DC is more.....daring.....than I give them credit for.

Well, they said that this new limit doesn't include imprints or mini's or anything other than mainstream ongoings. So stuff like Young Animal, Vertigo, Wonder, WildStorm, New Age, would all be "safe" as would mini's like Mister Miracle or Martian Manhunter. That's actually a whole lot of DC's output these days.

So I don't think we'll actually be losing as much as it might have first seemed. We'll still be losing stuff, but not nearly as much as people originally thought.

If I had to guess.....we'll end up with about nine League related books; 'Tec, Bats, Action, Supes, WW, Flash, Lantern, Aquaman, Justice League. Harley's a given as well. Then they'll probably run the Squad and some variation on the Titans. That's a dozen books, about half of the total. The other half will be legacy (Batgirl? Jimmy Olsen?) and B-titles (Arrow? Hawkman?), likely with a bunch of team titles (Outsiders? JSA? Birds of Prey?) to squeeze as many characters into the lineup as possible. Probably a secondary League book too.

The lineup will almost certainly be Bat heavy.

My biggest concern is that characters with strong ties to team books will lose their solo's and only see print in a team title. Actually, my only real serious concern here is Nightwing. Didio's been cruel to that character and this might be a great chance for him to try and finish the book off.
    ^What Ascended Said about Nightwing, DiDio will try to cut the line down and there's a high chance he'll cut out characters he doesnt like, He's put Nightwing through hell with Ric, He'll most likely try to end the book regardless of how it sells
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'd have no interest in a Mera ongoing if it meant she was separated from Arthur anyway.
    Same, I don't want them separated at all either.

Ideally it would be adventures of Mera and Arthur, just focusing on Mera's experience the way AQUAMAN does his.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Same, I don't want them separated at all either.

Ideally it would be adventures of Mera and Arthur, just focusing on Mera's experience the way AQUAMAN does his.
    Exactly.

I mean, I know the Catwoman ongoing is pretty good, but I don't read it because it's the same old ****, Selina seperated from Bruce and going back to her old habits. I wanted a book which focused on her trying to be a better person while still in a relationship with Bruce.

I'm hoping the upcoming Lois Lane book is more of what I want, at least to a point. She's still married to Clark, but has this weird "modern marriage" angle going on where neither need each other, (but still want one another) thus giving her some space for individual adventure and allow Clark to guest star every now and then to maintain their connection.

Thumbs up

I see 10 pages talking about this..

So.. the new 22 rumour is right?

I can say goodbye to the Teen Titans.. DC will use Bendis JY.
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-22-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Incredible Member

The biggest mistake here is thinking that fewer books automatically means higher quality.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Uh, is there a link yet to any reliable source saying what titles are definitely ending soon because of this new change in policy?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

You’ve been running with this whole “TT gonna end because of Bendis” thing for awhile now and I’m still not sure why or where it came from

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Let's be honest, with books like Hawkman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, etc., aren't we expecting them to be canceled sooner or later anyway, considering all of them have had their books canceled multiple times due to poor sales?
    I was only surprised that a book like Green Arrow lasted as long as it did.

If 20K (Where Super irl and the Super Sons sit) is gonna be DC's new cutoff point then you are going to see a bunch of stuff go away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    The biggest mistake here is thinking that fewer books automatically means higher quality.
    This. Worst case scenario: quality actually gets worse than it is now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    ^What Ascended Said about Nightwing, DiDio will try to cut the line down and there's a high chance he'll cut out characters he doesnt like, He's put Nightwing through hell with Ric, He'll most likely try to end the book regardless of how it sells
    If cancelling Nightwing's comic means an end to all this Ric nonsense,so be it. Ric should have NEVER happened.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    This. Quality only improves because of ability.

Assuming this is true, what would be the ideal line-up of "The New 22" for you guys?