BANNED

January Comics Marketshare

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...9-marketshare/

MARVEL COMICS
    39.24%/41.29%

DC
    29.70%/33.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Assuming this is true, what would be the ideal line-up of "The New 22" for you guys?
    Mine would be:
    1. Detective (featuring the Bat family)
    2. Batman
    3. Superman
    4. Action (featuring the Super family)
    5. Flash
    6. Green Lantern
    7. Wonder Woman
    8. Aquaman (INCLUDING Mera!)
    9. Hawkman
    10. Justice League
    11. Justice League Dark (incl. Constantine & Zatanna)
    12. Teen Titans (the Younger Set)
    13. Titans (led by Nightwing aka Dick)
    14. Super Sons
    15. Shazam
    16. Red Hood and the Outlaws (including the team to work in some other characters)
    17. Deathstroke
    18. Suicide Squad
    19. Young Justice **if it doesn't fit under Wonder comics
    20. Birds of Prey (incl. Batgirl)*
    21. JSA*
    22. Legion*

*I'd cancel Nightwing, Supergirl, and Batgirl to make room for these sorely needed titles

BANNED

Nancy Spears appointed new sales VP

https://www.newsarama.com/44034-dc-n...-sales-vp.html

Assuming this is true, what would be the ideal line-up of "The New 22" for you guys?
    Top 12 selling solo comics, JL, TT, Doom Patrol, Green Lantern Corps, 5 Batman spinoff books, Suicide Squad.

Not including limited or mini-series.

Would a digital service that let's you read all comics new and old for 15-20 dollars a week work?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

15-20 a month maybe but there’s no chance people are gonna that much per week

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Mine would be:

*I'd cancel Nightwing, Supergirl, and Batgirl to make room for these sorely needed titles
    Oh no, not Supergirl. Supergirl, Catwoman, Batman, and Superman are the only ones I read. Cancel Hawkman, Legion or Deathstroke instead. Could not care less about those ones.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I do think it would be more interesting to give some beloved but struggling characters mini/maxi series arcs from time to time. Sometimes the stories come out better in that format anyway, but it allows different characters to shine without committing to a doomed and unnecessarily drawn out ongoing that just retreads familiar ground trying to get off its feet.

The annoying thing is going to be how many Bat books will still eat up the now somewhat-limited space. Even though judging by the numbers I know it makes sense.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    15-20 a month maybe but there’s no chance people are gonna that much per week
    When I wrote that I forgot I dont buy just DC every week. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    . . . If 20K (Where Super irl and the Super Sons sit) is gonna be DC's new cutoff point . . .
    Again, 20,000 based on WHAT?!?

The numbers from Diamond are only what comic book shops in primarily the U.S. order from Diamond. They don't reflect any foreign, non-Diamond distribution and they don't include any DIGITAL purchases, nor collection purchases.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Superman
    Action (with a focus on Supergirl & family)
    Batman
    Detective
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Aquaman
    Shazam
    Green Arrow
    Hawkman & Hawkgirl
    Vixen
    Nightwing
    Deathstroke
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    JSA
    Teen Titans
    Young Justice
    Suicide Squad
    Brave & The Bold (for neglected characters)
    Event Placeholder

This is assuming a solid team and direction for each.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If cancelling Nightwing's comic means an end to all this Ric nonsense,so be it. Ric should have NEVER happened.
    Shh!! That's what Didio *wants!* us to think! He wants us to want a mercy killing for the book, when all we need is management who do their jobs. When we start wishing the book was dead, instead of blaming management for allowing crap like Ric, Didio wins.

I'd be satisfied with the classic titles we're all expecting to see, honestly, as long as the mini's and imprints push new and/or C-list characters and push for some solid representation.

The main titles can do the standard stuff like Aquaman and GL and Superman, as long as the imprints and mini's give me Black Lightning, Wonder Twins, Vibe, and Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The annoying thing is going to be how many Bat books will still eat up the now somewhat-limited space. Even though judging by the numbers I know it makes sense.
    Man, even if the only Batman books are 'Tec and Batman, we'll still be looking at a bunch of extra Gotham books. It's annoying as sh*t but you can't argue with the logic. And me personally, I like most of the Bat kids more than Bruce himself so.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I didn't put any faith in these New22 rumors. Looks like I got a bit of egg on my face. I could see how they might decide to do it but I didn't think they would pull the trigger. Of course, I said the same thing about rebooting back in 2011, so I guess DC is more.....daring.....than I give them credit for.

Well, they said that this new limit doesn't include imprints or mini's or anything other than mainstream ongoings. So stuff like Young Animal, Vertigo, Wonder, WildStorm, New Age, would all be "safe" as would mini's like Mister Miracle or Martian Manhunter. That's actually a whole lot of DC's output these days.

So I don't think we'll actually be losing as much as it might have first seemed. We'll still be losing stuff, but not nearly as much as people originally thought.

If I had to guess.....we'll end up with about nine League related books; 'Tec, Bats, Action, Supes, WW, Flash, Lantern, Aquaman, Justice League. Harley's a given as well. Then they'll probably run the Squad and some variation on the Titans. That's a dozen books, about half of the total. The other half will be legacy (Batgirl? Jimmy Olsen?) and B-titles (Arrow? Hawkman?), likely with a bunch of team titles (Outsiders? JSA? Birds of Prey?) to squeeze as many characters into the lineup as possible. Probably a secondary League book too.

The lineup will almost certainly be Bat heavy.

My biggest concern is that characters with strong ties to team books will lose their solo's and only see print in a team title. Actually, my only real serious concern here is Nightwing. Didio's been cruel to that character and this might be a great chance for him to try and finish the book off.
    Thinking it over, I don’t think we’ll be losing that much. Problem is, i’m Not really interested in reading the books that are out there now. Justice league is really boring me right now, so i’m Seriously considering dropping it anyway, leaving me with teen titans, young justice and the new outsiders book. I don’t have much incentive to stick around.

No, we really won't see much change. DC publishes what, somewhere around 50-something ongoings a month? So we'll lose the 5-7 books that either sell the lowest or that DC is the least excited about. Most of us aren't reading what we're likely to lose. In fact, if DC did this and didn't announce it a whole lot of us probably wouldn't have even noticed. Especially with all the imprints and mini's still running.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.