Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I think larger sized comics, like OGNs, with a complete story, is the next logical step for the print side of comics.
    Just do them quarterly and then bundle up three or four in a yearly trade.
    I like this idea a lot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Or, I don't know, maybe they can stop thinking that we're still i the middle of the speculator's boom and start pushing the trades more than the single issues and using those sales as a barometer rather than single issues sold only to the direct market?

I mean, I think they are largely doing that with some genuinely forward-thinking initiatives to get their comics out of comic book stores and into the hands of more people. But doing that while also cutting back on their trades just makes zero sense to me.
    Yeah, I don't think you are ever going to get your books into the hands of more people when the industry standard is $4 for 20 pages that can be read in under 15 minutes.

$15-25 (or whatever Trades cost now) for 120 pages is reasonable and an outsider to the hobby would at least consider it.

I had read a while back that thy were going to start selling comics at GameStop. Now people have their issues with GameStop but its generally understood that you are going
    to spend at least 15 bucks there if you buy nearly anything there.

You figure it would be a perfect place to sell Trades.

But of course, the plan was to sell floppies and only floppies (last I heard, anyway).

Sometimes I'm surprised the industry has lasted as long as it has.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 02-26-2019 at 10:06 AM.