Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which on-paper I can understand, but the way things might be moving I'm not sure how likely it is that DC will be getting pitches or be actively interested in promoting beyond the core characters if they're condensing the line to begin with.

This just really seems like it won't be a benefit to anyone who's not a core, Big Seven, hero or a close affiliate.

I could see that as well.

I wish I felt that confident.

I'd feel better about it if I thought the management that subjected them to that treatment wasn't still in-place, but as far as we are aware that isn't the case.
    Well, it is still just a rumor at this stage. But there is too much smoke not to be a fire burning somewhere over at DC. Just have to wait and see how big that fire ends up being.

I, too, feel DC could benefit from a major housecleaning. Didio is probably a nice bloke in person, and I certainly don't wish any ill towards the guy, but he has been there for far too long. DC needs someone to come in with some fresh ideas. I will admit that Didio is a great salesman. Maybe they'd do well to put him in the role Bob Wayne had and working to sell and promote the company. Just an idea.

I can live with what ever D C decides
    I stopped following issue to issue two years ago
    And have plenty of collected editions I still want to buy and read.
    IF and when they ever fix there problem and if and when they
    get around to offering a collected book or two of those books,
    I will decide if I want any.

Knowing DC, big changes are always around the corner.

Astonishing Member

Assuming that the 22 books rumor is true, Batman and Superman will get at least 2 books each. Current books that would probably survive are WW,YJ, Flash, Aquaman,RHO, Deathstroke and JL.

Depending on how Doomsday Clock plays out, JSA and LOSH might come back and we'll have a book for each.

The Titans franchise is in a weird position right now. I could see there being books for Titans and TT. On the other hand I could see both books getting combined into one series. Either way, characters are going to be shafted, derailed or both.

Outsiders may also get a book. Not sure if it would be the one that was supposed to be launched a while ago or something new.

Batgirl could be retooled into a Birds of Prey book and Shazam/Captain Marvel might get a book if the movie is successful.
    Last edited by king81992; 02-16-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Team books should remain since they cover a lot of characters. Batman and Superman should be limited to tec/action.

Does "22 books" refer to 22 books in general or just 22 ongoing books without counting miniseries or whatever else DC puts out on a limited basis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Does "22 books" refer to 22 books in general or just 22 ongoing books without counting miniseries or whatever else DC puts out on a limited basis.
    The rumor is that the 22 doesn't include books under other imprints and the walmart/target books they've been doing. Those might have different sale projections to meet, though.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 02-16-2019 at 10:20 PM.

BANNED

I love how some seriously think Batman and Superman should be cancelled.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing the monthly titles drop to 22.
    As mentioned elsewhere, the issue is that it will mean less experimentation and books based on characters like the JSA and Legion looks on MUCH shakier ground.

It also means there is ZERO chance of seeing a Wally West or Flash Family book anytime soon.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Assuming that the 22 books rumor is true, Batman and Superman will get at least 2 books each. Current books that would probably survive are WW,YJ, Flash, Aquaman,RHO, Deathstroke and JL.
    There's no way there's not a GL book.

Deathstroke I think depends on whether Priest still sticks around, but then again they kept him with a consistent ongoing even since the New 52 so it might keep going even after that.

Suicide Squad and Harley are probably likely to stick around as well.
    The Titans franchise is in a weird position right now. I could see there being books for Titans and TT. On the other hand I could see both books getting combined into one series. Either way, characters are going to be shafted, derailed or both.
    And then there's Young Justice positioning itself as the teen Superhero team book of the DCU.

Is there a place for the Titans in the DCU now? Maybe as just "Titans."

Astonishing Member

I don't know about Deathstroke. I mean, I still pick the book up, but it has never set the charts on fire. Plus it feels like the book is winding down. I could easily see The Terminus Agenda event as the catalyst for a major shake up for the character.

Astonishing Member

Deathstroke I think depends on whether Priest still sticks around, but then again they kept him with a consistent ongoing even since the New 52 so it might keep going even after that.

And then there's Young Justice positioning itself as the teen Superhero team book of the DCU.
    I agree. Hal will be the focus of the main GL title (with other Lanterns popping up here and there.) John Stewart can continue to occupy the GL spot over in Justice League.

No way Suicide Squad goes dormant. But where does Harley go? Because I guarantee we will see a Gotham City Sirens book once the movie drops.

BANNED

Deathstroke by Priest is guaranteed to get 50 issues, so its safe for 2019.

Astonishing Member

Is there a place for the Titans in the DCU now? Maybe as just "Titans."
    If Priest doesn't stick around, then Deathstroke should end.

Harley will definitely stick around, since she's being pushed right now. Suicide Squad was cancelled(I think) but I could see it getting another book.

There is a place for the Titans in the DCU, but its probably not a good place.They will get another book because the TV show is successful. Unfortunately, that will not ensure the quality of the comic. The current TT roster is probably screwed. Damian, KF and Emiko will probably get supporting roles in other comics but Roundhouse, Djinn and Crush are likely headed for limbo unless they wind up in YJ which is unlikely. Beast Boy and Raven are more likely to wind up in YJ than anyone else.

assuming that the 22 books rumor is true, batman and superman will get at least 2 books each. Current books that would probably survive are ww,yj, flash, aquaman,rho, deathstroke and jl.

Depending on how doomsday clock plays out, jsa and losh might come back and we'll have a book for each.

The titans franchise is in a weird position right now. I could see there being books for titans and tt. On the other hand i could see both books getting combined into one series. Either way, characters are going to be shafted, derailed or both.

Outsiders may also get a book. Not sure if it would be the one that was supposed to be launched a while ago or something new.

Batgirl could be retooled into a birds of prey book and shazam/captain marvel might get a book if the movie is successful.
    rho?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-17-2019 at 12:02 AM.