Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC LIVE: DC Comics: The Multiversity Enrollment

Grant Morrison's universe-spanning epic is finally almost here, and CBR reports on new development and new art LIVE!

Full article here.

Nix Woton -- the last on the Monitors from "Final Crisis" -- will be the through line of the entire series as Morrison joked "He travels the multiverse in a yellow submarine." When a threat challenges all the worlds, he goes on a quest to stop it.
    BLUe MeANIES!!!

I didn't think I could be more hyped for this series.

I was wrong.

BANNED

I am on board. Love the concept!

That logo is incredible. I know, of all the stuff to chew on about this series, I talk about the logo, but its sweet!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That logo is incredible. I know, of all the stuff to chew on about this series, I talk about the logo, but its sweet!
    But you are right, it's incredible. Probably the best logo in years and because it's Morrison, it's probably a magical sigil too.

That guide to the DC Multiverse is going to lead to some great stories if it's actually used. If DC keeps it in print, Elseworld one-shots will be so easy. Just put a small circle on the cover with the Earth number and print the map in the back. Simple!

Cannot wait for this series.

Exiled to Earth

Based on that map, there's still an Earth 1. I always thought New Earth or Earth 0 was the stand in for Earth 1.

BANNED

The event of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    But you are right, it's incredible. Probably the best logo in years and because it's Morrison, it's probably a magical sigil too.
    Wonder if we can make a list of not-quite-essential-yet-still-close-to-being-essntial-tie-ins...

Like maybe the Seven Soldiers stuff, Batman,Inc. and Final Crisis...

I sure hope there's a Tangent world. I really liked the supernatural Nightwing team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Valeyard View Post
    Based on that map, there's still an Earth 1. I always thought New Earth or Earth 0 was the stand in for Earth 1.
    Well there's the "Earth-1" line of OGNs. I wonder if the reason that Earth is enveloped in gold is like, because it's a weird Earth where the Superman E1, Batman E1, Wonder Woman E1 and Teen Titans E1 GNs are taking place ... but they don't crossover. Like everyone on Earth-1 exists in their own weird pocket universe. Maybe that's why it's so close to the forces of Order - because it's so orderly that all heroes exist in their own micro-universe stories.

New Earth/Prime Earth is Earth-0, yeah.

I like that old Earth-Prime, AKA the real world, gets to be Earth-33. Do we call him Superboy-33 now?

Stan Lee's world is under direct manipulation by Apokolips the same way Kirbyworld is Highfather's plaything. Hey now ... what's this about Stan Lee 4th-wall breaking narration possibly being the evil force that's "Cursing the Reader" as they read it?

Satan-looking Abin Sur totally reminds me of something. Spock from Star Trek, but something else as well ... big time. (Originally Roddenberry wanted Spock to straight up have red skin and horns)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Wonder if we can make a list of not-quite-essential-yet-still-close-to-being-essntial-tie-ins...

Like maybe the Seven Soldiers stuff, Batman,Inc. and Final Crisis...

I sure hope there's a Tangent world. I really liked the supernatural Nightwing team.
    His dialogue, the map and the handbook do seem to mention a CRISIS of some kind happened. I wonder if Flashpoint condensed all three Crises into one CRISIS. Or maybe because we're all Multiversal we're dealing with Monitor-Memory here ... he did say all history makes sense. God damn I'm hyped to red this.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

So after years of waiting... and a change in characters and worlds... we'll finally get to read the Negation War!
    Jumps for joy! :-)

Seriously, though... that was one of the things Crossgen did right about their universe. I hope DC doesn't either ruin it before Grant's finished setting the foundation or throw it all away in a couple years.
    This is something they've needed.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Satan-looking Abin Sur totally reminds me of something.
    Buh-bye

Plus... I wonder... if they do relaunch some books after next year's event... if they will set a few on different Earths...