Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Does anyone really care about doomsday clock anymore?

The book keeps getting delayed. Now the next issue won’t be out till March

We have had excellent story telling with heroes in crisis, justice league, the Batman who laughs, and even in flash!

This book is so prolonged I’m forgetting what has happened and don’t really feel connected to the book.

There are other threads talking about DClock.

I know. But this thread is particularly about whether you care about it or not. Not the story itself but the problem of cancellations etc

When it was starting i was definitely interested in the implications on the whole DC universe. There was the Button. It was a nice mystery starting all the way from Rebirth.

But now i am not interested in that. Whatever effect it could have on DC universe has lost its impact. Rebirth was long ago. For now i am interested in the story itself. I have really enjoyed it so far. Hopefully, Johns ends it nicely.

I am fine with delays. Let them take their time. It shall be the best they give. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Watchmen also was delayed a number of times.

I do, it's a good read and the art is amazing. It's the schedule that makes it so frustrating. But that was the case with the original Watchmen as well.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I don't give a stuff anymore.
    I'm still reading it and enjoy it when it hits the stands, but any repercussions it may have on the DCU is longer of interest to me.
    I think the delays will mean Geoff Johns will probably have tweaked the ending now anyway....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I haven't bought Doomsday Cluck, I haven't read it, and the only thing I've cared about is whether the JSA returns to DC's history/timeline in this; WHEN that happens; WHERE the JSA have been all this time; and what DC is going to consider the "JSA" at this point.

Other than that, I've been totally amused by how silly the constant delays have become.

I didn’t care about it to begin with lol.

I’m enjoying watching it implode however.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I do, but nothing to do until the next issue arrives except read rikdad and Bored's notes about the series.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 02-19-2019 at 03:51 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I still care about it. The delays suck, but it's not ruining my enjoyment of the series. No one will care about the delays once the first TPB is released.

And it's sales don't seem to show any lack of interest. It's selling well over 100,000 copies 8 issues in.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I didn't care much for it to begin with; the premise of an "invading force" in the DCU as a meta-commentary for Watchmen's influence always seemed sort of lazy for me, and from the get-go I doubted that, even if this story needed to be told, Johns would be the guy for it. But I gave it a shot because, despite my reservations, it could be that the conclusion of it could in fact lead the DCU to a more desirable place.

NOW that Johns apparently lost most of his clout, though? Meh. It doesn't matter what he does with it, we're stuck with HiC bullshit and it's fallout, anyway. Delays are a bummer for sure, but no matter when it comes out it's going to be meaningless anyway, so no, at this point I couldn't care less.

(Waiting top be proven wrong, though. Just not holding my breath).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

I do but i supress my excitement till the day before the actual release

At this point it has dragged on for so long that I don't care at all about the series.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It has taken them 15 months to put out 8 issues so far. How anyone at DC thinks you can maintain any buzz or even good will with fans with a schedule like that is beyond me. I am at the point now I just don't care.

Even when Marvel was at its worst with missing deadlines under Joe "deadline don't matter" Quesada I don't think they ever had a major book run this sloppy.

Empty is thy hand!

After the botched world building of the last decade or so (New 52, Convergence, etc.), I didn't trust them with this to begin with.