Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It has taken them 15 months to put out 8 issues so far. How anyone at DC thinks you can maintain any buzz or even good will with fans with a schedule like that is beyond me. I am at the point now I just don't care.

Even when Marvel was at its worst with missing deadlines under Joe "deadline don't matter" Quesada I don't think they ever had a major book run this sloppy.
    I mean, Kevin Smith's Spider-Man Black Cat series had like a few years in between issues didn't it? Not a major event, but at the time a major book given Smith's stature. An overall bi-monthly schedule isn't that big of a deal comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I still care about it. The delays suck, but it's not ruining my enjoyment of the series. No one will care about the delays once the first TPB is released.
    You seem to assume that all the people currently suffering through the agonizing multitude of delays between issues will suddenly forgive that once a collected edition is released?

I think you misunderstand things. People turned off by the delays between issues who were buying it in single issues WILL still be pissed as hell about the delays.
    The only people who won't care are the people who were willing to wait (and wait . . . and wait . . . ) for a collected edition to be released or are newbies and weren't very invested in DC comics when the single issues were slowly (ever so s--l--o--w--l--y . . . ) being published in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I mean, Kevin Smith's Spider-Man Black Cat series had like a few years in between issues didn't it? Not a major event, but at the time a major book given Smith's stature. An overall bi-monthly schedule isn't that big of a deal comparatively.
    When characters / franchises people care about are being held hostage by this, and writers of other books are being told they still can't use certain characters, no matter how logical including those characters would be in stories they're currently writing, it IS a "big deal".

Even when Marvel was at its worst with missing deadlines under Joe "deadline don't matter" Quesada I don't think they ever had a major book run this sloppy.
    What about the 12 or all winners squad? Also remember falling angels 2? That never came out as far as I know. Still none of these had any big impact on the marvel universe and are small stories.

I care about the book.
    Great story, great art. Watchmen meet the DC Universe. What’s not to love?

Fantastic Member

I still do. It's far better than anything else DC is publishing right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I do, it's a good read and the art is amazing. It's the schedule that makes it so frustrating. But that was the case with the original Watchmen as well.
    Aha!! So its all by design!

Joking aside, I could imagine someone coming up with a theory that, BTS, the book was purposefully delayed so it'd be a spiritual successor to Watchmen in every sense. Hahaha.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You seem to assume that all the people currently suffering through the agonizing multitude of delays between issues will suddenly forgive that once a collected edition is released?
    Eh...not all of us treat this hobby as an existential feud between ourselves and the people who make and sell these comics, Major.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy

When characters / franchises people care about are being held hostage by this, and writers of other books are being told they still can't use certain characters, no matter how logical including those characters would be in stories they're currently writing, it IS a "big deal".

This! Absolutely ridiculous! The majority of my favorite DC characters are held hostage by this book and it is very frustrating. Of course seeing as how some of the other non silver age characters are being treated by the current regime perhaps it’s a blessing.

Congrats Jay Garrick! You’re back! Oh Tom King is going to murder you because you’re depressed......
    Last edited by Jekyll; 02-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Moreso than a number of books right now. This, Red Hood, Teen Titans, Shazam, and Adventures of Super Sons. Flash, maybe.

And man, has it dropped from when Rebirth began. I was either reading, or at least following, most if not all titles. Now, outside of what I listed, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I think you misunderstand things. People turned off by the delays between issues who were buying it in single issues WILL still be pissed as hell about the delays.
    The only people who won't care are the people who were willing to wait (and wait . . . and wait . . . ) for a collected edition to be released or are newbies and weren't very invested in DC comics when the single issues were slowly (ever so s--l--o--w--l--y . . . ) being published in the first place.

Maybe this extra month will be the one that pushes people over the edge, but so far that hasn't been the case. The book still sells and if anything the last two issues have gotten people way more into it again. So while I sympathize with JSA or Legion fans that are waiting for this to wrap up, the delays so far have not impacted sales or enthusiasm for the book to any significant degree. It outsold Heroes in Crisis by like 30,000 copies in December.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'm interested in seeing how the story plays out but I no longer care about the build towards the status quo established in DC #1 (that may or may not still be happening) or any in universe fall out that comes once the book itself is over.

Spectacular Member

I believe the delays are due to Johns losing control and needing to change his story to match the new storylines that were not part of his original vision e.g. HiC

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It has taken them 15 months to put out 8 issues so far. How anyone at DC thinks you can maintain any buzz or even good will with fans with a schedule like that is beyond me. I am at the point now I just don't care.

It's bi-monthly, right? So that's basically on schedule.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    I believe the delays are due to Johns losing control and needing to change his story to match the new storylines that were not part of his original vision e.g. HiC
    Is this backed up by any sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Moreso than a number of books right now. This, Red Hood, Teen Titans, Shazam, and Adventures of Super Sons. Flash, maybe.

And man, has it dropped from when Rebirth began. I was either reading, or at least following, most if not all titles. Now, outside of what I listed, no thanks.
    Same. The number of books I’m buying from DC is rapidly dwindling. A lot of what I’m collecting has been getting canceled. I’m saving a lot of money since it’s all titles I won’t replace with another Bat book, I stopped collecting the unreadable Nightwing, and Doomsday Clock never comes out! I almost feel like we’re witnessing another DC implosion.