Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Next Batman movie needs a robin origin

Too many solo Batman movies. Start the new one with Bruce watching the flying graysons and then taking on Grayson as his ward. Maybe even make the red hood the killer / villain. Towards the end robin fights with Batman knocking hood into the ace chemical vat. End credits a man crawling out with green hair and laughing.

At least if I was writing the next movie.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd prefer we simply avoid the whole origin thing completely.
    I think it's been done to death.
    ESPECIALLY the Batman origin!
    Even the person on the street knows who Batman and Robin are.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Skip the origin, hell skip Robin entirely and just start out with Dick as Nightwing in his own solo movie, isn't that what his fans would prefer anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Too many solo Batman movies. Start the new one with Bruce watching the flying graysons and then taking on Grayson as his ward. Maybe even make the red hood the killer / villain. Towards the end robin fights with Batman knocking hood into the ace chemical vat. End credits a man crawling out with green hair and laughing.

At least if I was writing the next movie.
    No, not really, especially if you aren't continuing the Nolan franchise with Christian Bale as Batman.

And how successful (or decent?) was the last movie with Batman and Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No, not really, especially if you aren't continuing the Nolan franchise with Christian Bale as Batman.

A movie that failed more than 20 years ago should not stop them from doing something new now.

By this standards, no more movies for Green Lantern too then.

We do? Much rather Dick was already Nightwing. Doing the Grayson's death is almost like doing the pearls in the Alley scene again. We get already move forward.

Robin is my favourite character but honestly not keen on having him if we are going to go for yet another generic Robin a la batman and Robin or the Nolan movie. Yawn .

Give me a Batman movie without the Wayne's death where Bruce does detective work. Give me the movie they pitched.

Other than the two Batman serials in the 1940s I don't think any live action movie with Robin in it has been successful. The 1966 Batman movie also did poorly at the box office.

The way Batman is currently portrayed it seems kind of silly for Batman to have a kid sidekick. Batman works better alone. It never made much sense for Batman to even be
    in the Justice League movie. He was sort of useless in that one. The only purpose he served was to bring everyone together. In the fights he was totally outclassed.
    Being a member in the comic books and wanting to give Batman more screen time was the only justification.

Hopefully the Reeves movies will take a cue from the Burton and Nolan movies, the successful Batman movies, and just leave Robin out.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Other than the two Batman serials in the 1940s I don't think any live action movie with Robin in it has been successful. The 1966 Batman movie also did poorly at the box office.

The way Batman is currently portrayed it seems kind of silly for Batman to have a kid sidekick. Batman works better alone. It never made much sense for Batman to even be
    in the Justice League movie. He was sort of useless in that one. The only purpose he served was to bring everyone together. In the fights he was totally outclassed.
    Being a member in the comic books and wanting to give Batman more screen time was the only justification.

Hopefully the Reeves movies will take a cue from the Burton and Nolan movies, the successful Batman movies, and just leave Robin out.
    If it's a Robin on the level of the Arkham games, I could see how it would be really useful for Batman to have that kind of support in the field.

Just imagine two people with the capability of Batman during the warehouse fight. Heck, just imagine if Batman had Robin during the warehouse fight and he probably would've had the thugs taken out quicker and not gotten hit as much as he did.

Why when it comes to Robin for some reasons people try to apply “logic” into comicbook world. 98% stuff that usually happenes in all comicbook movies make even less sense than Batman having a competent partner to help him. A partner that was with him in all his stories since 1940.

BANNED

I'd just like to have that Nightwing movie that appears to have been dropped down the Hollywood toilet.

Ultimate Member

Batman Returns was suppose to have a Robin played by Marlon Wayans. Who was signed on to be in Batman Forever and there is a costume fitted for him. Yes he was paid for both films according to an interview in Complex Magazine back around White Chicks was in the works. (yes I do have that interview and magazine-somewhere).

By this standards, no more movies for Green Lantern too then.
    Well which Lantern would you use? Because Hal is not going work by himself.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That's a weird thing to say.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That's a weird thing to say.
    Not really if you're talking about the non-comic book reading potential movie audience (who would outnumber the comic book nerds).
    Hal may still be "damaged goods" in the general movie audience eye, especially compared to the likely popularity of animation John Stewart as GL.

Sony has already rebooted Spider-Man 3 times. DC can try again with Hal Jordan, especially now that the audience are well familiarized with all concepts of super heroes and can accept things like a Racoon being friends with a tree.

The buddy cop movie concept that is flooting around for sometime it's a very good premise to a new Green Lantern film and you can use both Jon and Hal.

The O’Connell movie had robin being too old. I think having a young Bruce (toughly 23) taking on a ward would make sense. A ward just watches someone for the state it would make sense why Bruce would want to help. Then like some sort of weird all star Batman type training. It would be awesome with a young teen robin